on 25 April 2010
This heat glue gun does what it describes. Quite easy to operate, except the fold-away stand that opens near the gun tip but appears to be too short to support the device. The gun tip would be slightly facing downwards when using the stand. The device can stand but at a great risk of being tipped over by the electric wire at the back of the gun because of it being so short. I could try to relax the wire manually to see if it helps a little. That isn't very convenient if you need to keep your gun in the standing position while working on something else. But still, I don't regret this purchase as it's really good price comparing to the art shops.
The stand to keep it upright after use is a thin plastic pull-out piece. The gun is very light and
the stand does not keep it from falling over as the weight of the cable tends to swing it one way or
the other. I am surprised at this happening with a Stanley tool and I don't think that it would be
unique to my gun. A separate heavier stand might be better. I am very careful to leave
this tool on a non-combustible surface after use in case it toppled over due to the light weight.
Instructions could be better: gun stopped working even though a stick was still visible.
Doesn't say you must put another stick in even though most of it is hanging out to get it to work
again (some click mechanism at the end, I think). Perhaps the instructions assume that you have
used a glue gun before. Handy size, glue dries VERY fast so stick quickly!
on 27 December 2012
Love this glue gun.
One problem: It falls over if using the stand - probably because the cable isn't very long and it's only very light. Not complaining, but this is why 4 stars and not 5.
I used it for Christmas decorations when pritt Stick was taking too long to dry. This is almost instant. I also used it to glue bobble trim to the bottom of a roller blind - perfect. Neat, tidy and strong. I used Bostick glue sticks, but I'm about to try the Silverline.
Highly recommended if you're creative.
on 18 March 2012
Ok stand is liable of collapsing but got around this by ensuring had old news paper underneath, ideal for small craft work. The lead is abit short but other wise the product perfect, the glue sticks are not included have to buy them sepaertly and the gun comes with out a storage box.
on 3 December 2009
Bought this to cover the landlords cheap ikea bedframe in fabric...worked like a charm...and on a fairly large job.

Heats up quickly and works well. Good deal for the price.
on 2 August 2010
I bought this product with amazon prime so it got here the next day I am very happy with this product but the only negitives points I can make is that you don't get any glue sticks like many other give you so you have to buy your own ones but not that big of a problem and the stand is a bit flimsy I don't think it will last very long but overall a very good investiment I would recommend that you buy this product if you are unsure if you want it
on 16 February 2013
This gun is probably what you get for paying not so much for it. It heats up fine and glues fine but it's a nightmare to balance on its little twiggy stand and constantly topples over leaking glue all sideways. It's ok but I wouldn't be singing its praises from the rooftops.
on 2 June 2010
I bought this because i needed hot glue to modify Nerf guns. I had read a previous review, so i bought the sticks of glue that they take before i bought them.

The glue gun it's self is small, perfect for precession glueing. The gun does take a bit to heat up but when it does the sticks melts quickly. The size of the sticks means that they run out quickly so buying double is a good idea.

It also takes longer than normal glue guns to cool down so watching it is a good idea because the stand doesn't work that well, so it can fall down.

BUT I WOULD NOT BUY ANY OTHER GLUE GUN.

Hope this helps
on 9 March 2015
Great. Chews through shorter glue sticks like there's no tomorrow, however, and you quickly have to jam a second in to use the last half of the first glue stick, if that makes sense. Heats up fairly quickly and the stuff coming out of the nozzle sticks other things together, so I'm pleased with it.
This glue gun is fantastic it is constructed extremely well from high quality materials as a foster family we dona lot of arts and crafts and this glue gun comes very handy.
What I found great about this was the length of the lead it is one of the longest I have seen yet from any adhesive glue gun the stand on the end of the glue gun is very sturdy the trigger is easy to pull the nozzle is metal and works superbly.
We made a box nest for birds with the gun and it sticked the pieces of timber together nicely before tacking them together overall this is a great glue gun and I can easily recommend it.