on 14 October 2008
The best light weight garden gloves on the market,
I will never be without them, now that I have tried them
on 26 July 2010
I suppose my hands are what you would expect of an old diabetic who's never really strayed from an office environment. Soft and vulnerable. Few gloves will fit me properly (especially the irritatingly-labelled one-size-fits-all) but the XL sized Showa gloves are fine. And in winter they keep my hands warm - in Summer they don't make my hands excessively hot. These specific gloves do not give complete protection from thorns and spiky plants, but they do stop ingrained dirt and I reckon they have saved me from countless splinters. I now feel a bit lost on DIY chores without them. Would recommend for general and light duty use.
on 27 November 2011
I bought these thanks to a review on [...] and I'm really glad I did.

Firstly they are NOT suitable for gardening involving thorns and prickles. If you have some rampant roses or brambles to sort out you'll need a thicker pair of gloves.

What they are perfect for is general gardening. The local cat likes to use my raised bed as a toilet - and it is not nice putting your bare hands in cat poo ;-( So, these gloves have been great to protect me from nasty surprises.They have also stopped me getting callouses as I've had a lot of digging to do on my new allotment.

But they are thin enough to allow you to do delicate jobs too - such as planting out seedlings.

If like me you don't like to wear gloves for gardening - but think you should - then these are the gloves for you.
on 30 June 2013
Am very pleased with these...become soft and flexible on wearing, and I can do all general garden jobs easily, without restriction. Previously I never used standard gloves, as found in the normal shops, as I couldn't 'feel' what I was doing. But these are different, and even transplanting seedlings doesn't pose a problem. The only time I need to wear heavier gloves, with leather palms etc, is when dealing with brambles or stinging nettles! So nice too not to have to spend ages scrubbing my hands clean after a spell in the garden. I just come indoors, take off the new gloves, have a quick wash and I am ready to go! My first pair lasted nearly a season, but at such a good price I wouldnt mind buying a few pairs a season if it were necessary.
on 28 March 2013
Delivery for these gloves was very prompt, so can't fault the service. I don't like wearing gloves for gardening because I like to be able to feel the soil etc. but due to having lymph nodes removed I have to wear something to prevent any possible infection of any wounds. These gloves are light and stretchy around the wrist and are easy to get on and off. I used them for the first time today and it was almost like not wearing any gloves at all. When I took them off, I expected to find my hands dirty because of the thinness of the gloves but was pleasantly surprised to find that they were still clean. All in all, I am very pleased with the gloves.
on 2 May 2013
I am walking with crutches following a hip replacement and was having problems with blisters on my hands. These strong but lightweight gloves are just perfect protection in the summer months, and they fold to take a surprisingly small space in pocket or bag when I am not wearing them.
The perfect solution as far as I am concerned and excellent value for money.
on 13 September 2012
These gloves are not just for gardening, and not just for ladies! My partner wears them for working on the car - great protection without losing the sense of touch that is needed with tricky jobs. I can't praise them enough!
on 15 June 2013
I could never get my wife to wear gardening gloves as she felt she couldn't work sensitively enough with them. These are the perfect solution, light and enable dexterous work. She is delighted with them
on 13 June 2013
these are the best gardening gloves ive used,they are very comfortable and i can even do fiddly jobs with them,when your finished using them chuck em in the washer and theyre like new again!
on 5 September 2010
If you garden these are the best gloves you will ever buy!! and Amazon was the best price i could find

See one answered question