on 3 March 2009
Really good little stove!
We purchased this for brewing up in our tent. We have a seperate double stove but wanted something whereby we did not have to venture outside to cook up a coffee in the morning. Neat little stove, brews up quickly, nice little case. Works well and a lot cheaper than Tesco who are selling this without the cans for £16 right now!
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2010
We are not campers! We bought this in the recent bad weather in case of power cuts as we would have no heating or cooking facilities if the electric goes off. It was very easy to connect to the gas bottle, no fiddly controls. It stows away neatly, after boiling the water for that all important cuppa. Great little item. 5*
on 25 April 2010
I didn't buy this product from Amazon but I wish I had as it was three quid dearer outlet from the camping outlet where I purchased mine - and that's without any gas canisters! The stove itself looks good, works very efficiently, is easy to wipe clean, and the top plate reverses for easy storage in the robust carrying case supplied with it. Gas canisters are simple to fit and there is a handy safety feature that disengages the canister when not in use. Overall a smashing little camping stove that I cannot recommend enough.
on 18 July 2008
We love this little cooker. It works really well, like any other different make with the same design. We'll take it camping this summer. In the meantime we've used it at home to see how it works and it's really good.
on 21 August 2010
excellent product for simple camping requirements such as boiling the kettle or cooking the bacon for breakfast. lightweight, sturdy and really, really easy to use, it well worth the cheap price, especially as it comes with 2 free gas cartridges, which, based on the little i used over 4 days will last for a good many trips away.
on 2 July 2012
I didn't buy mine from Amazon, I bought it from a local store but I looked online because it took me a few minutes to work out how to open the lid to insert the gas canister! Of course items this cheap do have a tendency to be on the 'flimsy' side, so its always best to test a product like this before putting yourself in a position where you are dependant on it! So, GENTLY opened it up, GENTLY inserted the gas cylinder, made sure I was in a ventilated safe area before lighting for the first time (in case it was a 'dud' fixing as it appears someone else had) and fired it up. Effortless, no leaks, nicely balanced, great. So, now I can pack it away with confidence ready to pull out and use whenever I need. Very happy. Don't let the doubters put you off - and if you were sold a dud product, why on earth didn't you return it & get your money back? (Especially if you bought through Amazon, who are always really good about returns & make it very easy to do; and especially a gas product that could be dangerous - no retailer is going to argue with you.) I think its great.
on 17 July 2010
This is really easy to use. Compact. Easy to take with you for the holidays.
on 20 May 2009
Well it works pretty well, it's gas so plenty of control and heat.
Makes a chinese hotpot nicely, the stove will need a decent sized table though to sit on though. The sheet panel construction is a bit flimsy, but typical at this price.
on 19 February 2012
Excellent value for money, light to carry, easy to use, fast to boil, can't recomend highly enough. Go on buy one.
on 15 January 2009
I bought this stove. Works well, but I did not get the free gas cannisters and had to buy them separately. A bit annoying when it learly stated two cannisters came free with it. No reply to emails and wont buy from this supplier again.