4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Pumpkins album
People have been lining up to have a pop at Zeitgeist, including a ridiculous amount on here who penned reviews based on hearing the first (and poor) single, hearing a couple of dodgy live outtakes or obtaining, (cough) "an advance copy" (cough).

It's easy to have a pop at Billy Corgan. He wears his heart on his sleeve and has done a complete u-turn on his...
Published on 22 July 2007 by Mookie

1.0 out of 5 stars A 4 star album, a 1 star "Special Edition"
I've given Zeitgeist 4 stars on the review against the standard edition.

This Special Edition is best avoided - it just isn't worth the money. For the extra dough you get:

- The same album, no musical extras.

- The exact same artwork, though packaged into some arty photo-album format. It's actually quite naff.

- Erm....that's...
Published on 31 July 2007 by Mookie

2.0 out of 5 stars What the???!!!, 8 Aug 2007
This review is from: Zeitgeist (Audio CD)
Ugh.......this album is a bit of a mess, it sounds like a chicken thats been over stuffed. Wheres's the Smashing Pumpkins sound? I really wish Billy would make up with "James Iha" and "Darcy". They were the real Smashing Pumpkins.

Sure it rocks, but without much kick.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really a 'review', 1 Jun 2007
P. Joly "Pjay" (Belgium) - See all my reviews
Stating that an album is going to suck big time, or going to be the best album ever when it's not even released is simply ridiculous. What I can say is, that I've seen Billy & co live (Brussels) and I must say that some of the new songs really rock, so...

2.0 out of 5 stars give it up man..., 5 July 2007
Christos Theofilogiannakos (Tripoli, Greece) - See all my reviews
What's fundamentally wrong with Billy Corgan these days is his inability to produce music that sounds fresh and relevant. His solo record and the Zwan project were unimportant and the same goes for this record which succeeds only in damaging the legend of the Pumpkins. Made up of tracks that would barely make the b-side of a Mellon Collie or Machina single, this album serves only in underlying the death of a great song writing talent of the 90s. Tarantula and Bring The Light manage to catch some attention and will probably get a few replays on your i-pod but that's all there is to it. Fans only material.

5.0 out of 5 stars bolly bringeth rawk furor of the smashing pumpkins., 28 Jun 2007
Those who say Pumpkins' dead, fear not!

Those who say, 'rock and roll is dead!' --fear not!

Those who missed out on the angst furor, the teen age pain and the awesome song and accompanying video clips based on the t-shirt of the same name, FEAR NOT. THE SMASHING PUMPKINS ARE BACK.

This time Billy (affectionately known as Bolly: "Just call me Bolly," Mr Corrigan said to me back stage after the rock out session) return with progressive free jazz drummer maestro and former heroin pumper, Jim Chamberlain (though this time he will only be pumpin' on those skins... drum skins, that is) without the back-up of former members James Iha (now a guest star on Iron Chef) and Darcy Wretzjkzy (an antique shop owner), yet here this new incarnation is, same name, new members... KILLER SOUNDS.

Fear not the lack of old members, as new sonic intensity matches up for it with chaotic tangents on unimaginable proportions with The Doom's Day Clocks. Hey, this is metal. No posers allowed.

The aural atrocity (mean it in a good way, yo? like how something is sick or wick or wickud) continues with the devastating percussion, distorted metal string arrangements and hard rock alt grind thumping of the first new hit single, TARANULAR, a song that will have most rocking but other studying it's lyrics with a magnifying glass on today's topical issues of left wing proportions, for all intensive purposes.

But yes, we can rock and we can angst but we can cry to, and so here is the much awaited, more infinitely melancholical (wink, wink!) side of Corrigan's singwriting, tracks that will leave today's emo cult superstardom washed up and crying in the talentless bin.

A standard Pumpkins affair? By no means. A neo-Pumpkins attack on the sense, thus forcing at atomical come-back? By all means, YES. You will not regret paying for this thus listening or even if you download but pay, you will like also.

SHINE ON, YOU CRAZY CORRIGAN!

1.0 out of 5 stars Might be good Might Not Be, 1 Jun 2007
B. Lane - See all my reviews
Like the previous reviewer, I too haven't actually listened to the album, but to maintain an equilibrium on the pre release reviews I predict, without a shadow of doubt, that it is going to be the worst album of the year. The culmination of 7 years pointlessly waisted waiting for their new release.

With a pre-release review there is always a chance that I might be proven wrong but thought people would like to read my predictions.

Being a virgin reviewer I am not sure that I have got the hang of this review process. Must go though as I need to polish my crystal ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE NEVER HEARD, 1 Jun 2007
S. Lane - See all my reviews
I love the album cover! Astonishing use of red! There's no way this album can suck! I've ordered myself 5 copies, 1 for each stereo in the house, but mainly so I have 5 sets of cover art to frame for each room! Absolutely amazing! Buy this now!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm..., 15 Jun 2007
M. Strickland (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
Don't like the album cover much...very boring/unoriginal, especially compared with their previous efforts.

Smashing Pumpkins are amazing tho and I'm sure this album will rock so it's gotta be 5 stars I quess! :P

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist by Smashing Pumpkins (Audio CD - 2007)