on 18 September 2009
Epson original ink jet cartridges can be cripplingly expensive and have driven me to switch to cheaper compatible cartridges from other suppliers varying results. My Epson SX400 combined printer seems spooked by Epson to display a message saying the printer cannot recognise the cartridge often during the life of a so-called compatible cartridge. What it means is I'm not going to do another thing for you until you buy my maker's expensive original cartridge. you take the machine to an Epson service agent you are in more trouble because as soon as they discover the non-original cartridges in the machine they tell you that you have invalidated your warranty so you get more charges and they may even tell you, like I was, that the machine has failed because of using the wrong ink so buy a new one Now for the good news. You can buy them about half price online though to get the best deal you may have to have your order split by Amazon to get the cheapest price for each colour but I have found it works smoothly so far. The postage and packing costs sometimes are as expensive as the cartridge but overall I reckon I'm saving 50% on the cost, my printer is happy because it's being fed original cartridges and I am not being held to ransom with the price. Until Epson realise there is a recession on and cut their prices to an attractive level this is the way I am going to shop for my cartridges.
on 7 April 2009
Tried all sorts of compatibles, but there is nothing like the real thing. You really do get what you pay for. So I recommend buying your epson ink cartridges from amazon.
on 1 April 2016
Difficult to review when you buy these because you usually order one to replace the cartridge you've just loaded to replace the one that was finished. So you don't find out whether it's any good until you load it months later. They're usually pretty reliable, however, as they should be at this price. I like my Epson printer but the ink is a bit of a rip-off. And Epson don't seem to have produced a driver for the Dx6000 compatible with Windows 7, let alone Windows 10.
on 10 December 2013
Good value original Epson cartridge. I have tried using compatibles before and they did not produce very good pictures. It took ages for the printer to recover so will never make that mistake again. Will only ever use genuine Epson cartridges as they produce better quality pictures. Delivery was very quick.
on 17 June 2014
Epson have been crafty because my printer is an epson,cheap in comparison to buy but will only use their own ink
However it is good ink and sometimes a bargain can be found on Amazon and you always get their good ,quick delivery
on 2 June 2013
I have found that Epson inks don't dry up like cheaper brands, I have one printer which is only used once a month. It works every time, when using other brands it would either have to have a clean cycle , more than once, or just didn't print .Its not worth buying any thing else even it the lure of cheapness is a draw
on 19 December 2013
Frankly I don't have the time to spend experimenting with cheaper substitutes. I want the quality and reliability of a respected brand name. There are too many bucket shops offering the earth
at obviously unrealistic prices, but beware because you will get exactly what you pay for. Nothing.
on 26 February 2012
I am delighted with this ink it came very quickly in the post and was packed so as it could pass through my letterbox easily and is good value, thankyou
on 17 April 2013
I bought this as I was fed up of buying non Epson inks for my printer that either refused to use them or left ink at the bottom of the cartridge. Epson ink cartridges are always dearer but at least they use all the ink up.
on 13 February 2013
All the colours in this ink range are good and print well, but the cost to a frequent user (I print a lot of photos - on normal paper), although cheaper through Amazon than through high street and other outlets, is still quite expensive.

See one answered question