5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain
At this price, you can't go wrong.
A good piece of kit which is portable enough to strap to your backpack, you can use it just about anywhere.
One of the most used pieces of kit I own.
Published on 15 Jan 2009 by Andrew Thorne

2.0 out of 5 stars FAULTY
After very moderate use this reflector fell apart after about a week. The zip so easily came apart and now the whole thing is now useless. Even though the product as a decent price, the old manta of 'you get what you pay for' rings true with this product. I do not recommend this product to anyone. Please do not buy because you will be wasting your money. Ex-Pro i am very...
Published 9 months ago by KC

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain, 15 Jan 2009
This review is from: Ex-Pro 42 inch 110cm 5-in-1 Photographic Light Reflector - Silver/Gold/Black/White/Translucent (Accessory)
At this price, you can't go wrong.
One of the most used pieces of kit I own.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Bargain!, 12 Feb 2009
A. Ellson (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this on Wednesday and as I need it for Sunday paid extra £4 for super speedy delivery. This made the total £32, still a bargain for the size it is. If you are after a portable reflector buy this - it is huge & really makes a difference to portraits when shooting in natural day light. It is so big the black and white sides can be used as a background for babies/children, flowers, insects - anything.
Really pleased with this and can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifts the quality of pictures - excellent value too, 4 Sep 2010
D S (Midlands) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I have just used my reflector set for the first time today and I'm really impressed.
The set was very easy to use. You get a springy, translucent inner with a double-sided, reversible zip-on cover. It is simple to change options and the zip has a nice smooth action. Putting it away isn't too much of a struggle - just twist and fold it down to size and slip into the cover bag. It's light enough to carry with you and hangs from a handy loop.
You can use it as a reflector, a diffuser or as a background; versatile too.
Do choose the larger size reflector - it's so much more useful than smaller sizes.
Photographic equipment is often complicated and expensive - this isn't!

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb product, 9 Feb 2012
Paul Hodgson "www.bof.uk.com" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Arrived very quickly from placement of my order.

My first reflector and given the almost throw away price, my hopes weren't too high. Certainly at first use and feel I feared for the quality needlessly. Time will tell whether or not this is going to hold up to use, but right now I'll be buying another.

The reflector arrives in a small black bag, the quality here could be better but open that up and bring out the reflector and you'll soon see that the quality is good. Keep out of the way as you let it unfold as it opens with a snap. Next you'll realise actually how large this 42" version is. The frame has a good amount of rigidity enabling you to hold your camera and the reflector without being concerned that it'll bend away from your subject. Even better is to clamp it so something close by like a lightstand, tripod. Clamping...suggest cheap A clamps you'll find at B&Q which really are worth every penny.

Operationally, the 5 in 1 consists of one large disc and one zipped cover. The zipped cover is reversible and has Silver, Gold, Black and White all of which you'll use as reflectors. The 5th element is to take the cover off the disk leaving a translucent middle which you can put between a light source and your subject softening that light.

Time will tell if the covers hold up to constant unfolding and folding - some umbrellas begin to lose the covering. No big deal but if this were to happen a week from now I'd certainly revise my opinion. Nothing currently would suggest this will happen.

So, for £15 as of Feb 2012, it's a tool I can recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great all round reflector at a great price, 4 April 2012
brainleek007 (Bracknell) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm always one for a bargain and when I saw I could afford two of these reflectors for less than the price of 1 other more well known brand I was intrigued. My main concern was focused on the quality; as the saying goes "buy cheap, buy twice" but I can say that the quality of these reflectors is thoroughly decent.

The size makes them ideally suited to small product work or head and shoulder portraits - bigger sets will need a bigger reflector.

The best part about these is the versatility they offer. Each reflector comes with the main pop open reflector which is translucent white and can act as a diffuser for a studio light or the sun when outdoors. On occasion I've used mine as a diffuser for window light on some still life scenes on a table and they give a great soft light. Also included is an outer cover that has black, gold, silver and white depending on how you put in on so you can control how much light you kick back in, or indeed 'suck out' with the black cover. I was worried that maybe the zips would fail on these covers, only because it's the most obvious part that will take the most wear, but they haven't yet and I've had mine nearly 2 years. Admittedly they haven't been hammered every day but they have had use.

All in all you have a total of 5 ways of reflecting light with these. The unit folds down into an included pouch about 30 odd cm's across so they are small and easy to transport.

You can pay much much more for similar reflectors but these have served me well so far at a very reasonable cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light reflector, 19 April 2011
Marie Cummins (London) - See all my reviews
So far, from what i can tell, this light reflector is perfect. I received this within 2 days of ordering it (which was handy as i was hoping to get it in time for a photoshoot). It was a LOT bigger than i was expecting it to be, but i'm not complaining! It seems quite sturdy and reliable, the only issue i had was trying to close it! But with that being quite a common issue, i just did a quick search online and after few attempts i now know how to close it.

I would definitely recommend buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reflections on a reflector, 7 Aug 2010
This item is very good value for my type of use as a keen amateur photographer.
The item is well protected by a cover and the size is sufficient for effective light enhancement of subjects.
I was pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light reflectors, 23 April 2012
The reflectors are exellent value and it's great fun folding them back up again, but you soon get the knack. They don't take up a lot of room either.They came on time, which I think is important. Overall, a good prod
uct and good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Accessory, 29 Mar 2010
I'm no photography expert, and the chances are, if you are looking at this item, you probably know more than me why you might want or need a reflector. But I can reflect (excuse the pun) on the merit of this particular one;

You can easily pay double what this costs for another make, but honestly, this is absolutely spot on. It's a great size, and folds to a really convenient size - It took a couple of attempts to work out how to fold it back up, but once you get the hang of it, it's fine.

It's very well made, quality stitching and zips, and the surfaces of each of the covers is fine. All in all, I'd find it hard to fault this, and again, for the price, you can hardly go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good item, especially for the price!, 27 Mar 2012
Barrie Davis "effyleven" (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
I am absolutely delighted with my 5-in-1 spring-open reflector. It is excellent; really well made. I know about these things. I've been using similar items for years.
This one is a star product, especially at such a low price. Also, it arrived promptly, so I am happy to award the Full Monty.. (5-stars)