on 16 July 2012
KISS, Keep It Simple, Stupid.
This does.
I had one for about 5 years previously, that started to break, so I hunted high and low to replace it.
Place on a wine bottle. Drive th escrew into the cork, twist, and keep turning. The cork pulls through the foil, the cork pops, drink the wine.
It is well designed, and a doddle to use.
on 20 June 2012
Brilliant ! And brilliant value too ! We got this for our holiday home so that we didn't need to keep taking our Screwpull with us. This Brabantia Quickpull is stronger than our Screwpull which is one of the original ones from several years ago. It's much cheaper too, so we're very happy with it and confident it will last at least as long if not longer !
on 19 October 2013
I had a similar gadget years ago,then it was described as state of the art, though the 'bell' design wasn't wide enough to cover all bottle shapes.This corkscrew can cope with any bottle,including italian,which can have a wide 'lip'.The only thing to watch out for is in the instructions where you are asked to turn anti-clockwise,to pull the cork.The way to do it is to pierce the cork with the screw and continue turning clock-wise,at some point there is a slight 'catch' keep turning clock-wise and as if by magic the cork travels up the screw and out the bottle.It's as simple as that.
on 28 January 2012
When I received the item I thought it looked quite cheap and useless but after using it I have changed my mind completely. Does exactly what it says on the tin (and does it well), great value for money and fast-ish delivery.
on 28 July 2011
Brilliant product, very easy to use and fast delivery. I've used the big fancy corkscrews in the past but this is far easier to use and a lot smaller to keep in the drawer.
on 4 April 2015
Not being the brightest with mechanical objects, I couldn't for the life of me imagine how this 'worked', having seen a multitude of Screwpull type items over the years. I'm still not entirely sure what witchcraft it uses, as you simply use it as a traditional corkscrew and then it takes the cork out with pretty much zero effort. Terrific and I do not know why you would need anything fancier. I bought this as a gift for my dad who was previously struggling with corks and I liked it so much I bought one for myself! Classic Brabantia ingenuity and quality.
on 11 June 2014
At first I thought this this was a bit flimsy - the corkscrew part can be lifted right out of the 'base'.
I suppose this might be useful if you wanted to use it as a traditional t-bar type pull corkscrew.

However, when you use it with the 'base' part its great. Put the base over the neck of the bottle. Screw the corkscrew in, just keep twisting. Once the corkscrew has wound itself into the cork, keep turning and it pulls the cork out into the base.

Very pleased with this product.
on 22 January 2015
As a fan of screwpull corkscrews I was devastated when my trusty friend broke after a tussle with a particularly unfriendly cork. Having had good experiences with other Brabantia products I sent for their Corkscrew Quickpull multi buy. Wow! this mighty giant of the corkscrew world has changed my bottle opening experience from one of tussle and anxiety that something will spill to the most simple and satisfying of experiences. If you lack biceps as I do, this is your ultimate solution. Highly recommended
on 27 December 2011
gooooooood one!
tiny little opener it does the job!! and very stong! :) I would recommend you stongly!
I m so happy with this product!
on 22 June 2015
Bought this to replace a similar design that finally succumbed due to wear and tear. Wouldn't buy any other type as so often corkscrews are either difficult to use or end up breaking the cork. Not this one. You just keep turning (with not too much pressure) and it automatically pulls out the cork. The quality of this is good (seems even better than the last one we had which lasted years) and so far working well shame it doesn't come with a foil cutter though.

See one answered question