5.0 out of 5 stars Minty fresh and effective. Definitely a 5* product!
Published 17 months ago by Carnelian

3.0 out of 5 stars Creamy and tingly, but clogged up my pores,
Great for dy skin and as a face wash, but I needed something with a more particles to stop my skin clogging up.
Published 4 months ago by Ms. Samia Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars Minty fresh and effective. Definitely a 5* product!, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Creme (Personal Care)
Please be wary of the 2* review for this product: oh dear, a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing... Cetyl and cetearyl alcohol are in fact waxes isolated from plant and vegetable oils - they are called 'alcohol' because of their molecular construction, but are not the 'alcohols' of common parlance (which are usually methanol or ethanol). As these cetyl alcohols are waxes at room temperature, they do not produce "fumes" that "go up to your eyes"; I think the poor, ill-advised 2* reviewer is mistaking the effects of the menthol in the essential oils, that have been added to this product to give a tingly, clean feeling and a fresh minty smell.

The waxes mentioned actually help with moisturising the skin, and are far less allergenic than you'd think. From personal experience, I feel this cleanser works well at removing dirt and make-up, and the tingly sensation certainly helps with the impression of 'deep' cleaning. As it is nigh-on impossible (and inadvisable!) to use a product so harsh as to strip all "impurities" from the skin, this creamy cleanser comes pretty close to doing what it says on the packaging, giving a pleasant 'scrubbed clean' feeling. It's a pretty heavy non-foaming cream and the fragrance is quite stimulating, so I couldn't use it every day, but it's nice to smear all over the face and then wipe off with a damp flannel, then rinse. I do think you'd have to be wearing an awful lot of make-up to not be able to get it off by washing with this stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product!, 25 April 2011
I think this is the first time that I was so impressed with the facial product. Burt's Bees Cleansing Creme has got a great smell, it is economic as you do not need to apply much and most importantly, it gives the sensation of fresh, clean and moisturized skin. I even stopped using a night creme because it is so great with my type of skin. It is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I wanted, 1 Mar 2010
G. Fabbricotti (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is brilliant! very deep cleansing and it leaves a freshness and a sense of renewal to the skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle cleansing, 25 Nov 2012
I bought this item for my wife. She loved it!!
She uses almost daily and very happy with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works....!, 4 Aug 2013
I have searched many years to find the perfect cleanser for my problemactic skin, and it seems I can finally stop! This amazing product has got my skin looking clean, which may sound funny but after trying every nearly product on the market (expensive and cheap) its true. I have always suffered with spots and dry skin and my pores are quite visible, but I use a small amount of this cleanser then rinse, I then repeat but massage it in more slowly and leave it on my face a couple of minutes before rinsing again. My god...does my face tingle!! But my spots have all but gone and my pores look really clean.

If you are looking for something new, please try this, I am sure it will work for you as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb facial cleanser, 20 Nov 2012
Delighted with this cleansing cream, it's smooth and effective with a wonderful refreshing finish that sets it apart from anything else that I have tried. Will definitely buy this again!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 7 Nov 2012
I discovered this product through the mini travel sets and loved it so much decided to invest in this size. Amazing product - I have really sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate at all leaving my skin refreshed. Highly recommended. Arrived quickly, well wrapped. Very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, 27 July 2013
I have sensitive skin and searched for years for a facewash that didn't cause irritation. I used to have acne and found this a few years ago when my skin it was at its worst. It helped so much. I think my skin has naturally cleared up over time anyway but using this facewash definitely makes a positive difference in terms of how my skin looks and feels. I can tell the difference if I stay at a friend's house and borrow another product. It works well to clean away dirt and make-up and feels invigorating. You don't need to use much - I use it twice a day and one tube lasts me about 6 months. I would recommend to anyone but particularly people with sensitive skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zingy face cleanser, 30 Jun 2013
Amazing face cleaner! Before this I only use lush soap on my face as I have very oily skin and its the only thing that works. But now I use this every morning and it leaves my face squeaky clean and fresh feeling! It wouldn't be great to remove loads of makeup product but I would use as an after product to get a proper deep clean. Very economical as you only need a small amount!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever face wash, 11 Oct 2012
So glad I discovered this lovely gentle yet effective facial wash. Leaves your skin feeling clean yet does not dry it out excessively. Having tried many different washes in the past, this is definitely my top choice