on 14 October 2010
I'm very pleased with these pads, they're solid and well made. Ideal for skateboarding/bmxing, and they've already spared me several potential injuries. A great buy and I'd highly recommend them.
on 9 May 2011
great pads, Fast posting (got them with in 2days.) packaging was maybe a little too much but product was perfectly intact.Highly Recomended!
on 17 April 2014
Bought for children's in line skating to wear over layers of clothes. My 9 year old can manage to put them on over clothing.
They have been thoroughly tested so we know the users are well protected when falling over.
They are adult sized pads thought so I would suggest most pre-teens, especially those with slim/skinny body types and those intending to use them in warm weather directly on the skin would be better buying smaller size pads for children. For my muscular children and wearing over clothes they're ideal.
on 30 December 2010
Even though this protection pads were originally given to my teenage daughter, her younger brother made better use of them when skateboarding on our drive as his own new safety pads were too small.
Super design, suitable for all ages.
Thank you.
on 26 September 2014
Been using these pads a couple of times and the adult size fits me quite neatly (172cm (5' 7") skinny male) so I wouldn't recommend for anyone of a larger build. They're really comfy to wear and have a sleeve to put your leg/arm through.

The knee pads are really comfy and although the beating isn't completely absorbed it's a pretty they still make it much comfier to ride around the skate park and not worry about a battered knee cap.

I haven't really used the elbows or wrists yet, when I tried them on the wrists really held my hand in place and were felt quite comfortable. The elbows are a little large but that is due to me being a skinnier build in the torso.

Overall these are a great piece of kit and I would recommend them for someone getting into a sport where you want a bit of protection.

Only reason I have not given them 5 stars is because I haven't had the chance to run them through their paces yet.
on 18 July 2013
I reluctantly bought these as I recently began skating again and quickly amassed a laundry list of injuries. They're inexpensive, well designed and most importantly, they work. Went skating with them last night for 3 or 4 hours and they saved me injuries on multiple occasions. The wrist supports are well designed with a plastic 'loop' on the inside of the wrist meaning that if you fall, they bear the weight rather than your wrist.

I was worried they'd look bulky or that I'd look silly in a park where no-one else had them, but if you're serious about trying new tricks then you're gonna' fall over sometimes and what's more, the protective gear gives you the confidence to try more because you aren't worried about hurting yourself so much.

The knee pads are a little uncomfortable which is why I gave the item 4 stars, but for £20 it's a no brainer.
on 28 May 2012
I have worn hese pads almos daily for the past week and they are really comfortable. I have also taken a few falls in them too and they have absorbed the shock very well. Great product and a good price too.
on 3 January 2014
I can't compare these to any thing else as these are my first set. However they're a rock solid build and are really comfortable to have on. They look brilliant too. Can't wait for the weather to dry up so I can take them out properly, hopefully not have to land on them but if I do I'm confident they'll do their job very well.
on 2 October 2014
Middle age crisis? Bought a skateboard to relive your youth? Get some pads so you don't have to have time off work. Good for price.
on 15 February 2016
I've recently started roller derby and got these for my beginner classes.

The wrist guards and elbow guards are good and fit quite well, but haven't really found the knee pads that good. I'm a 5 foot 7 male and found the knee pads quite tight. There also doesn't seem to be much padding around the knees so after practicing a number of knee falls for a few hours I've found my knees to be sore.

However, to be fair to the product it's a cheap price and you get what you pay for really. Also I Ave found the wrist and elbow guards to work quite well at the moment.

These are good if you're thinking of trying the sport out and don't want to spend too much, but if you want to continue then I would suggest some different knee pads.