5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech S120 Laptop speakers
I was surprised at just how good these speakers were for the price.
The build quality and cosmetic enhancements are superb.
The volume control is conveniently located and the speakers even come with a headphone port.
Published on 22 Aug. 2008 by D. F. Osborne

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality for the price, but very poor cabling
I work in IT and I picked up these budget speakers for one of our staff who wants to occasionally listen to podcasts and webinars on her office PC.

The quality of the sound seems pretty good, however I was quite surprised at the poor design of the cabling...

Published on 8 May 2012 by Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech S120 Laptop speakers, 22 Aug. 2008
D. F. Osborne (N. E. Lincs., UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)
I was surprised at just how good these speakers were for the price.
The build quality and cosmetic enhancements are superb.
The sound quality is really good at most volumes. When you turn up the volume control to max, the sound is a little empty and lacking in terms of detail, but there is really no reason to crank up the volume on these speakers, especially when you have them located behind and to the sides of your laptop.
For £7.58, it really doesn't get any better. Low to fairly high volume output are really full detailed sounds and the headphone port is a good bonus even though I don't use it.
I can't think of any negative comments but would suggest you replace the 13A fuse in the power plug with a 2A so that it is correctly rated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect Hi-Fi, 20 Mar. 2009
Dave M (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)
These tiny speakers (only 7" high and 2.5" wide) do, indeed, provide an inpressive volume for their size.

They appear to be robustly built and solid.

The main reason for 4* and not 5* is that the sound is a bit tinny. They're fine if you want to use them as straightforward PC speakers, but don't expect a warm, rich sound for listening to music. For that, I think you may need to pay a bit more than these.

Having said all that, they are cheap, solid and perfectly servicable. I would certainly buy them again as replacement for the old, failed speakers on my desktop PC.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality for the price, but very poor cabling, 8 May 2012
Andrew (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)

With most stereo speaker systems you expect a main (connected to input and power) and satellite (just connected to the main) allowing for flexibility of placement... however with these, one speaker connects to the power and the other to the audio input. Both power and input cables are also very short, and since you will often have the computer base unit near to the power connector anyway, it means that both speakers need to be within a short distance of your computer.. so even putting them on either side of your monitor can be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)
After reading all the reviews on the Logitech OEM black speakers, I decided to order. I was concerned as to the size due to limited space but decided to risk it.

The speakers arrived after three days and before the delivery dates given, which was impressive and when I opened the package, I was delighted with the contents.

The speakers measure approximately 14x6x5cm, are stylish and perfect for the limited space.

Installation was relatively easy although for the uninitiated a simple diagram to explain how to install would have been useful.

The sound is excellent and although I am no expert on sound quality, it suits my needs. The volume button is well positioned and the headphone slot is a useful addition, particularly for those of us who live in houses with thin walls!

I can't think of anything to criticise. The price is extremely reasonable and with free delivery they are a bargain. I would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little speakers, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)
We are absolutely delighted with these little speakers with postage under ten pounds, the sound quality is excellent, and ideal for just playing music from the computer. Take up very little space and headphone socket very useful, also volume control, thank you for the feedback everyone, as we used this to buy these not knowing a lot about them, they are just great and would recommend them, the sound quality is very good,

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, small niggles, 24 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)
These are good speakers, for the price it is just fantastic, They are loud enough-trust me on this one. Even for those would deliberately want to destroy their hearing .. get these!

The small niggles are balance. A small knock can knock them over, but I suppose this wont be a large problem as they will be out of the sway.

Another small problem is the small knob aat the side, When turning it off it sometimes tilts the speaker itself (due to the balance issue) as it sort of clicks and is annoying to handle with one left hand. It would also be nicer to have the dials separate and possibly at the front of the speaker.

This is just me being a fuss pot. I am just including the very minor of things for the customer.

I must say however I am satisfied for the price. AWESOME value.

I do highly recomend these due to the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Speakers, 3 Aug. 2009
Ms. M. A. Morris "Magsmegan" (North London, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)
Glad I purchased these, great value for money. They are a lovely light pair of simple to use and install speakers that have a straight forward volume control/off switch on the side. If you are looking for something reliable and basic, that does exactly 'what it says on the tin', then these are for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speaker Review, 9 July 2009
Mr. K. A. George "kevtaz73" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)
Simple, cheap and easy to connect, the sound when playing music is clear,highly recommended by myself

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 1 Feb. 2009
Ian Scott (Lichfield, Staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)
Certainly not high fidelity but you can't really expect that at this price!

The speakers seem to be well built, look fine and well... they do the job. They are well suited to every-day listening and seem great value compared with others I looked at.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't plug your headphones into these speakers., 17 Jan. 2009
Raymond Lee (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0) (Accessory)
The speakers came packaged in an extremely small box and I was really thinking for a moment when it had arrived that it may have been damaged, that wasn't the case however when I plugged it in.

I did a a fair amount of research before I bought these and no reviewers seem to have made the point that these speakers make a hissing sound when headphones are plugged into them, quite annoying I must say. If you plan on using headphones, you may as well plug it directly to the PC instead.

The speakers are capable of being pretty loud when turned all the way up.

Sound quality also seems decent, this is coming from a guy who is used to listening with headphones, it apparently becomes worse on higher volumes which I have not yet tested, it doesn't mean anything to me however because I never need to turn the volume anywhere near the maximum.

£7.42 well spent overall.

Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0)