5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item!
It's not the smallest USB Device going, but it is one of the best. Able to ready all the pupular types of cards, including MicroSD WITHOUT using a converter! The device is a dream. The case opens up both sides to reveal slots for memory cards to fit in, plug yours in, close it up and then plug the unit into an spare USB port and bingo - simple as that!

Mine is...
Published on 29 Jun. 2008 by A. Gardner

3.0 out of 5 stars Just about adequate
It's terribly cheaply made and like another reviewer said you get a little key-ring-sized lanyard with it, which is presumably to attach the lid to the body but there's no sensible or logical way to do this. The best I could come up with after 15 minutes of tedious fiddling just about works but looks a right mess.

It's made of extremely cheap plastic that looks...
Published on 5 Jan. 2009 by Nelviticus

2.0 out of 5 stars Is not reliable, 7 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Kingston MobileLite 9-in-1 Reader - Card reader - 9 in 1 ( MMC, SD, miniSD, RS-MMC, MMCmobile, microSD, MMCplus, MMCmicro, SDHC ) - Hi-Speed USB (Personal Computers)
I had serious problems with this device which was a surprise because I am a fan of Kingston. I would have expected the SD card to be pushed fully home before it made contact, this was not the case, I had to fiddle the card to get the correct position which was very difficult to do. I would not recommend this reader. I sent it back and bought another type from Argos. I only gave it two stars because it looks nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, useful product, 16 Mar. 2010
S. Naylor (Lancs) - See all my reviews
I bought this product because I have numerous different storage cards, and this gizmo takes all of them! It's the first card reader I have bought, as most of my cards are compatible with my computer, but at this price for all the readers it was a steal. It is robust and easy to use, and small enough to fit in my handbag without causing a problem (it's almost as small as a pendrive).

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working -- and not much help!, 13 Sept. 2008
barnvelder (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
Got one of these on strength of previous reviews. Will not work with SD card and so I visted Kingston website. PDF doc is just a reprint of very tiny instructions that came with it and link to email for tech support generates large complicated form that you need to fill in with product codes etc.
Will go back to connecting with cables - which always works!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless as a travelling card reader, 2 May 2009
Unfortunately it does not work as a portable drive for MicroSD (maybe OK for SD, didn't try fully).

I have already got two external drives using USB, so in total my drive letters up to G: are already in use.

The Mobilelite apparently can not map onto higher letters. When I plug it in, it just sits there forever, trying to work.

Waste of time - very very poor software, no info on site about this (apart from someones review saying they had the same problem).

I have reverted to the very tiny Kingston microsd reader which does work (same card, same computer).

I also tried it on another computer, same problem (it also had G: already in use though).

The thing is - when you are TRAVELLING, the computer you may need to use it in may have drive letters available or not - it will vary - which is why it is useless as a portable drive.

4.0 out of 5 stars A well thought out card reader., 29 Sept. 2009
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This card reader isn't the most solid one on the market, but it does do the job.

The sides of the dongle are hinged and when opened you can fit an SD card in one side (or SDHC/MMC) and on the other side a Micro SD card and Mini SD. Once the cards are in you can close the flaps to keep it all neat and secure.

The main thing which impressed me with this card reader is the way that when you plug it in to your computer all the memory cards show up on your system as drives, so you can access all volumes at once (PC only, on my Mac I just see one drive). People have knocked the speed of this reader, I've not noticed any speed issues but then again it isn't a problem for me as I tend to just be moving photographs or small files from one card to a PC/Mac and vice-versa.

This card reader is quite large and if you already have something plugged in via USB then chances are that this won't fit into a neighbouring USB port - but Kingston have pre-empted this by also including a small USB lead which interfaces between your computer and card reader. The small USB lead is also handy to use with other USB powered devices as it works with any devices with a standard USB end.

In a nutshell: A large-ish plastic device which will read your various sized SD cards with ease, it also reads higher capacity SDHC cards (which was my main reason for purchasing this). The build quality is good, but it's not great - I keep mine in my laptop bag and I'm sure it will last me years - but it wouldn't last as long as smaller tougher models if it was kept in a place where it could take a few knocks. The included USB cable is a nice touch which means the card reader isn't limited by its size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 22 Mar. 2010
The item received was not the one pictured but has the same name so I assume it is the most recent product - and has sliding covers both ends rather than a cap one end and a hinged cover. It still seems possible to insert one larger card and a small card simultaneously as there are two slots. I haven't tried this though. It has been working very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little useful adapter, 27 Mar. 2009
The Fat Monk (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
When I moved up to MicroSDHC cards, my old USB adapter didn't work (was MicroSD only, not HC) I bought this primarily based on the form factor.

Size-wise, this is a great little unit, with the various slots natly tucked away behind to side panels.

You have native slots for Micro, mini and standard SD cards, among others. This, for me, is very useful as many card readers rely on you haing the corcect card size adapter to hand. Plus, you can installmultiple cards of different sizes at the same time and the reader will display them as seperate drives on your computer.

I have had no reliability problems with this, using various cards types, and the speed to load / detect the cards seems to me to be more a function of the PC than the card reader.

Its permanently in my camera bag, excpt when its in use. Very handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology Mobilite photo card reader, 14 Jun. 2009
M. Meeson "stickerman" (Leeds, U.K.) - See all my reviews
A must have card reader that reads the following cards.
MMCM
SD/MMC
mini/SD
microSD
MMCmicro
Supplied with a lead to attach the reader for those
USB ports that are difficult to access.
Well made and ideally priced.

2.0 out of 5 stars They did not send me what I ordered, 23 May 2010
Andy C. Au (UK) - See all my reviews
The product that I received does not look anything like the picture, they must have replaced it with what I was sent. It still works okay, but no appologies, just something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Card Reader, 25 Oct. 2008
good card reader - arrived next day excellent service. only thing is it won't read a microSD card which is inserted into a SD convertor but otherwise good piece of kit