on 4 January 2014
I really should have read the other reviews before I wasted my money. The "map" is actually a brown piece of A4 paper with faint brown printing on it. It looks absolutely nothing like the picture. The dimensions read "37.9 x 8.9 x 1.9cm" and the image shown landscape in orientation and has uneven edges - in short it actually looks like a pirate map. This poor imitation is 29.9 x 22.8 and is so thin that it cannot be measured so I don't know where the advertised dimensions come from.
To be fair I didn't expect much for £3, but I did expect more than this. If I could give it minus stars then I would.
on 23 February 2014
the picture on the site is great and rolled for that awsome pirate map style.. but what i got was a small a4 dark map that you couldnt read that was folded 4 times and was so tacky that poundland could make something better.. returned for refund or the map that is advertised..
on 11 April 2014
Didn't even deserve a star !! Item in picture looked great what I received I wouldn't even buy in the 99p store !! A4 folded dark brown paper with unreadable markings !! My pirate mad 5 year old didn't get this on his birthday as I'd planned it was too awful !!
on 8 March 2014
Extremely disappointed. Not as described and completely different to the picture! I feel conned. What I received instead was a piece of brown A4 paper, folded and badly printed - you couldn't really see the map! Awful.
on 22 April 2014
Please don't buy this. It is nothing like the picture… it's a piece of brown paper with a faded map you can hardly see on. Not colour like the picture, totally different. Totally pointless
on 15 May 2013
I bought the map to go alongside a treasure chest and coins that I bought for my son's 3rd birthday present. The map when it came was nothing like the image shown (which looks great for kids) it is dark, and not very exciting. It comes folded into 4 instead of rolled, and ours is starting to tear along the folds as they are so deep (we've only had it open for 3 days). Save yourself the money and print a map from the internet, it will be better quality.
review image
on 16 April 2011
Having read the reviews I was expecting something a little sturdier than the item I received, which was made of very cheap quality thin synthetic material coated on one side with a paper thin film of matt plastic. The colours were not as bright as shown in the picture either. Having seen it in the flesh I wouldn't describe it a toy - it's more of a cheap novelty party item. It looks like it is supposed to be a disposable placemat for a themed party. I ordered several for a childrens party for party bags, and would probably have kept them despite the poor quality were it not for the awful chemical plastic smell which transferred onto the hands. They were sent back for a refund.

It's a shame because the design is attractive.
on 16 September 2015
---- stars !!! what a con i wish id have checked all the reviews on this item !!!! What i was expecting and what i got was 2 completly different things. £2.45 !!! you have charged to print a picture of a treasure map off BADLY may i add, its blured, printed onto thin card with some sort of plastic coating on top !! I could have printed this image off myself , heck i could even make something better!! Not impressed awaiting response from seller for my refund.
on 27 December 2013
I bought this because there is only little novelty maps in the shops where I live thinking I was getting a really quality item like in the picture but it looks nothing like that at all! The map I received was like the cheap £1 maps from a poundland store for birthday party bags. It's A3 in size and shaped that way too not all raggy like the map shown, it has no colour and is too dark to make anything out on it clearly - HUGELY disappointing considering the price, had I known what I was getting i wouldn't have paid over 50p for it seriously.

I'll stick to making homemade ones with teabags next time!
on 20 May 2014
I received an a4 brown piece of card in the post with a printed map on. Nothing at all like the picture shown. The description also said that 'treasure map comes rolled & tied' it wasnt, it was folded up in a plastic sleeve. Made contact with the seller and they havent responded. After searching the internet for a number I came across a number of bad reviews for this company. I know its only £1.99 but its not the point, its false advertisement and as a regular customer on Amzaon, I am very dissappointed that they associate themselves with such a rubbish seller.