5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle, loving, way to solve your child's sleep issues
Our 15 month old son has had difficulty sleeping since infancy. He suffered from acid reflux, regular runny noses and ear infections for several months as a baby and this had an impact on his ability to sleep well. He would scream when laid down in his cot and although he would quieten when lifted, he would then fight sleep for hours until he was so overtired, it was even...
Published on 2 Aug 2005 by FHadden

3.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting Book, but didn't work
My 3 year old grandson stays overnight once a week and will not stay in his own bed all night. I settle him down with a gentle story and a cuddle and let him know that I will be in the room until he sleeps. I have to stay otherwise he just screams. When he has fallen asleep I leave. He wakes anytime from midnight onwards (usually about 2.30 am) and cries until I come...
Published 19 months ago by AngelLotus

4.0 out of 5 stars good advice, 20 Jun 2013
some helpful tips, and great gentle ethos. My 2nd copy as my first copy wore out from being borrowed so much by friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help!, 16 Dec 2010
We bought this book out of desperation. Our son is almost 1 and a half years old and still doesn't sleep through the night. We have tried ever single method, including letting him cry to sleep.
Reading this book, we have come to realize that his waking up at night is cause by something physical and not lack of sleep training, now we are seeking medical advice.
Basically this book is enlightening, it has opened our eyes.
If you are struggling with your child's sleep, I definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for normal toddlers too, 9 Sep 2006
This book worked for me. It made me realise that the difficulty my daughter had falling to sleep was perfectly normal. Rather than trying to fix something that is not broken, I've decided to appreciate the time with her.

This book is like a good friend. It is reassuring when you start to wonder if you are doing the right thing and it reminds you that the most important thing is that children grow up fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars very informative, good read, reassuring, 8 Jun 2009
Mr. M. Kanwal "manj_lynn" (England) - See all my reviews
This book, while it hasn't solved all our sleep issues, has provided a ton of reassurance about our toddler's sleep habits. It's nice to hear some of the reasons for disrupted sleep and it gives practical advice about how to change things. it was so nice to read - "if it works for you than don't fix it". Such a gentle approach that we see working (slowly but surely) and that fits with our parenting style and with our family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - so many ideas, 26 April 2013
Seems to cover all options from co-sleepers to children in their own room. When i stuck with the suggestions it worked, when i was a bit lazy things slipped. Great if like me you don't think children should be left to cry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book to skip through for me, 24 Jun 2014
L. Gribble "Louise G" (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
I think this book is a bit wordy - especially for a sleep deprived family that want something a bit more easy to digest (Teach Yourself Baby Sleep is good for this but I don't think they print it any more). Having said that, I picked up a few tips for my 2 year old by skipping through it. It is not a quick fix as you need to keep trying the same routine for a while to make sure it works, however if you can't stand to hear your little one cry or have tried "crying it out" then this may be the book for you. If I'd known about it with my first child I think I would have read it cover to cover but eventually I did find Teach Yourself Baby Sleep and that was great. They are all individuals and my 2nd daughter didn't seem to "fit" TYBS book hence why I bought the no cry sleep solution. It goes to show that there isn't a one fits all so go but be prepared for a long read

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read - good ideas, 2 May 2014
An easy to read, non-dictatorial, guide with good, sensible suggestions. Best of all, this book supports mums who don't want to go with the "cry it out" method and doesn't make you feel like a total push-over for not toughening up!
I've only read a few chapters but within a few days, and in conjunction with the Gro-Clock, I already have a happy 2 year old, sleeping uninterupted from 8.30pm to 8am. Who knows whether it's the book, the clock, or a total fluke!

2.0 out of 5 stars was anticpating more, 18 Mar 2014
this book didnt tell me anything new, was expecting better, after reading the reviews. perhaps my child just doesnt need sleep

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book, 16 Mar 2014
Bought as a present following recommendation from a family member. Haven't read it myself but my friend has found it useful and practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars A God send of a book!!, 12 Jan 2014
Excellent book full of brilliant advice and tips! An excellent nurturing approach to raising your child. If hearing you child crying in angst upsets you and just "doesn't feel right" these seres of books are for you. My fiancée and Ii absolutely hated the idea of leaving our 2 year old son to "cry it out" as so many people suggested. This book is made for us and our style of parenting! This book should be given out in maternity hospitals! Brilliant, brilliant book.