5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!!
Absolutely beautiful programme. Not sure whether I should be worrying more about my daughters eyesight as she stands an inch away from the screen so as not to miss anthing or the relationship between Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy.... (all that kissing, getting into Upsy Daisys bed and private rooms in the Pinky Ponk......!!!)

Took the dvd on holiday with us and...
Published on 7 Dec 2007 by Annabel

3.0 out of 5 stars okay for 3 year old
I hate this, no english language just silly noises, but I can understand why little ones love it! its just up their street!
Published 16 months ago by jo

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!!, 7 Dec 2007
Annabel (Northampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)

Took the dvd on holiday with us and we watched an episode each evening before bath as we do at home - worked a treat and she (generally!) went down without a problem.

Only hitch now, is she has figured out it is bath and bed after Night Garden so once the carousel comes on she immediately become very absorbed in "playing" with just half an eye on the programme so as not to miss anything but also to look very busy!!

Anyway, every under 3 should have this dvd - In the Night Garden on tap!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoever invented this should be knighted for services to parents!!, 18 Mar 2008
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)
This is a wonderfully imaginative and beautifully created series for pre-school children. This is the only programme that settles my one year old and keeps his attention for ages- NOTHING else works!! He absolutely loves this series and claps his hands whenever it comes on. I particularly like the part of the DVD where everybody "says goodnight" and its a very good, calming way of getting your child to chill out and unwind to bedtime. Even when in the midst of a screaming tantrum, this dvd turns my child from screaming banshee to mild mannered cutie (its a miracle!!). I'm so happy that they released it on dvd and there are now 3 series of which we have all of them. Its delightfully surreal, wonderfuly calming and I just love the fact that classically trained actor derek Jacobi sings "my name is iggle piggle, iggle piggle, iggle piggle wooo- etc"- utterly brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Isn't It a Pip?, 16 July 2007
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the most beautiful and original childrens' television series I have seen for a long time. With delightful characters, lovely songs, magical sets (from the very beginning when the stars burst into flower onwards), imaginative words and word-play, they have conjured up an enchanting world which pre-school children just seem to love - and not just pre-schoolers, I have to say, but also Reception and Year 1 kids - and even their Grannys too, if our house is anything to go by.

Derek Jacobi's gentle narration is a pleasure to listen to, always striking the perfect note.

I really cannot recommend this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 24 July 2007
PL Tuck (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)
My 18 month old son adores this programme. It's the only programme where he'll be silent the whole way through it (until the end when he starts singing and dancing along!). The BBC have really struck gold I think with this. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is What They Want, 5 Dec 2007
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)
There is only one programme which helps to wind down the active toddler, and this DVD, if you miss the 6.30pm slot on CBeebies, is it. Great music too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Titifers, 12 Aug 2007
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)
This programme at first drove me bonkers, but now allows me a whole 25 minutes of my 14 months son sitting in one place completely entranced rather than trashing the house and chasing the cats! He loves the tunes and bounces along to Upsy Daisy Here I Come, I'm The Only Upsy One, but his most favourite part has to be the weird birds called the Titifers when they all get together close to the end and he tries to sing along. He has gone passed Teletubbies now and In The Night Garden is the only thing that will do!

5.0 out of 5 stars What?!?! ....(a fool), 23 Aug 2007
R. Stuckey (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)
Ignore the last "review", if you have a pre-school child this program is magical.
My two year old screams with delight from the moment the introduction appears. It is filled with colours, sounds and simple situations which he can understand. We sit together as a family and sing a long to the simple tunes and rhymes, there is nothing more educational for his age group than that!!
If you try to read too much into it you are totally missing the point.

5.0 out of 5 stars its perfect, 25 April 2008
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)
i think all the in the night garden storys are wonderful. i have three young children and along with my husband we watch as a family. i find their way of kissing and hugging a good way to show young children love and friendship without corrupting their minds. i would much rather see those weird characters hugging and kissing than most thing we see on childrens tv.
some people may find the repeating phrases annoying but it teaches children different sounds very much like the teletubbies did. my two year old son is disabled and has difficulty communicating but since he started to watch it he has been making more sounds and enjoys having them repeated back to him.
also the calming voice of derek jacobi makes it a little bit grown up as he is a great actor and adults can relate to him. my husband noticed it before the kids.
you get used to the names and songs the more you watch. the voices and repetative phrases become conversational to young kids. it sets their imaginations wild and they have more fun with it. i am sure that any young child who watches it will grow up to be talented in some why. painting, writing, things you have to have an imagination for.

thank you for reading my review, i hope you found it useful
ashley charles, wife, mother and fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired by the best of 70s childen's TV, 13 Sep 2007
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)
If like me you despair of so much of the modern and bland TV output aimed at the very young, you'll be in for a pleasant surprise. Taking big stylistic cues from what's widely regarded as the golden era of kids TV this is a magical creation which will delight the very young and perplex and/or amuse the adults. Those who complain about the music are surely missing the point - the birds' 'singing' is intentionally off-key in a way that makes sense to kids (and I actually enjoy the deranged sound too so there!). What nobody seems to have mentioned is the really quite haunting and oddly slightly melancholic folksy music running through the piece which really adds an other-worldly (and decidedly 70s) air to the proceedings. The recap in pictures at the end of each episode seems very purposefully designed to develop the ability to assimilate visual information and mentally recall it. Sure, there isn't a lot of vocabulary in this show but what it has is something sadly missing from so much modern TV: a heart. There are other facets to development beyond the ability to talk (which should come primarily from parents anyway). Sit back and enjoy with your little ones...prepare to be charmed and incredulous in equal measure. The only concern has to be where the makers can go with the very simple formula - let's hope some more bizarre creations appear to keep us adults entertained in later episodes :) Full marks to Derek Jacobi too - his narration gets the job done (in true 70s BBC style even) - while sounding both slightly demented and like he's well..just a little tongue in cheek. Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a delighful, and great show!, 8 July 2007
C. J. King (Nottingham U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] (DVD)
Like one other parent here, I also have a son with Autism who loves this show to bits, and is smiling and glued every minute this is on. And I as a father, I have found In The Night Garden help his communication skills, as the communication in this program deals more with actions than words. It's a fantastic show, and I have to say that even as a full grown adult, I'm quite fond of it myself too! Especially Makka Pakka!

In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD]
In the Night Garden - Who's Here? [DVD] by Derek Jacobi (DVD - 2007)
7.75