on 5 June 2010
I purchased this collection because I had been given a book about one of the Paradise Gardens (disc 3). The series is rather old fashioned, but charming, and as nothing is ever out of date with gardening there is a wealth of information. Geoff quietly describes the gardens of others and takes us through the making of his garden. He is full of good advice, and the videos are attractively put together, with a useable menu.

A worthwhile addition to the gardener's dvd collection.
on 10 February 2012
I would thoroughly recommend this excellent dvd package - 3 DVD's covering a large range of gardening topics. It was great to see the late Geoff Hamilton with his relaxed style giving all sorts of practical gardening advice. I particularly enjoyed his advice on building garden pergolas, seats, paths and the like. Also, I had forgotten that Geoff was one of the first "organic" gardening presenters to appear on television.
A great gift for any keen gardener.
on 31 May 2009
Just as lovely as I remember the BBC program. Geof Hamilton's programs were always informative, set at a level for everyone to enjoy and learn from, and a delight to watch. They dont feel as if they have even dated.
Even my partner, who sees gardeneing as something others get pleasure from, has said he enjoyed watching them with me.
A pleasure, either as a reference or just a program of beautiful gardens.
A real treasure for any gardener
on 18 May 2010
After seeing these programs years ago, they are just as I remember. Geoff Hamilton presents a wealth of knowledge of gardening techniques, plant material, and garden design, all in a simple and straightforward manner and at a leisurely pace. Wonderful programs for beginners to experienced gardeners, and this set of 3 dvds is great value for the money.
on 2 June 2010
This collection is a real must have for anyone who has been inspired by Geoff Hamilton and his honest and down to earth approach to gardening. Geoff was my inspiration and being old enough to remember him on Gardeners world in the 80's it has been so good to revisit these series and really appreciate just how far ahead of his time he was. All the information is still very current and relevent and his tips pratical and economical.
His advice and encouragement for organic and mixed vegetable and flower borders has enabled me to recreate a little peice of Barnsdale in my own garden. Of the three series included here The Ornamental Kitchen Garden is by far my favourite as Geoff literally designs and builds the garden through the series. Most people will remember Cottage Gardens as it created a lot of interest at the time and is probably regarded as Geoff's best work. I love the pleasure garden series but always have a touch of sadness when watching it as tragically Geoff died before completing the series. His twin brother Tony narrates the uncompleted sections. This dosn't detract from the message and enjoyment of each episode however.
As I said, Geoff was a man far in advance of his time. Although he was much loved and appreciated whilst he was with us, I doubt even Geoff could have realised just how relevent what he was doing 20 odd years ago would be to us all today. Geoff was an inspiration and I believe like all the masters he will continue to be so for a long time into the future. If everyone followed Geoff's clear and simple advice we could all have beautiful and productive gardens that provide as much pleasure as they do pure organic food. He rightly deserves the the title of "Britains most popular gardener" and no one has yet come close to emulating him. If you have even a slight interest in gardening or growing your own and don't know Geoff Hamilton get this collection and then visit his amazing gardens at Barnsdale - You will be inspired
on 31 July 2011
from watching geoff hamilton when he was alive and on television years ago i remember as a keen gardener myself how good he really was, this inspired me to by his dvds now.
on 2 July 2012
This DVD collection is excellent, very good quality and reasonable price too. Geoff is so easy to watch and I know I will watch it time and time again, it's enchanting and timeless. I've wanted the collection for some time and when I saw it at such a good price I took a chance that it would be of good quality and I wasn't disappointed. A great collection and a much missed gardener.
on 11 February 2011
An easy way to absorb the gardening techniques and see for yourself the way to do it. Excellent for novice or experienced gardeners alike particularly if replanning a garden or bringing one under control! A useful present for those who have just acquired a garden.
on 5 July 2013
I wanted something I could refer to & I learn better by seeing someone show & tell me what to do rather than just reading about things. Had never seen Geoff before so was a leap of faith.He has a lovely manner & explains things very well.
on 10 April 2012
These cds take me back to a time when I looked forward to the best show on the television.Since Geoff died Gardeners World has never been the same.No disrespect to other presenters,but he was the best.