5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 year old LOVES these
Published on 10 Aug 2008 by Pizor

3.0 out of 5 stars Mermaid Magic
My 5 and 2 year old daughters love these mermaids! They collect them and love watching them fizz around in the sink until they discover which mermaid is inside. They are supposed to have interchangeable heads but I discourage this since two of them broke mid-head-swap. And of course they love watching the tails change colour in the bath.
Published on 5 Feb 2009 by Angel Cake

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 year old LOVES these, 10 Aug 2008
Pizor (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary) (Toy)
My daughter's friend brought her mermaid over during a playdate. then my daughter asked for one. So of course I bought two just in case she liked them. Thank god I did, otherwise I would've been in a lot of trouble. My daughter was so excited when the mermaid broke through. She carried her mermaid, Lilly, everywhere she went. The next night, she unveiled her second mermaid. My daughter absolutely loves these.

So what are they? If you've ever shopped at Lush, they're the same as bath ballistics. In this case, it's a chalky lump in the shape of a clam shell. When you put it in water, the chalky bit foams away revealing a small plastic mermaid. The only down side is the ballistic itself doesn't have any bath oils in it, but my daughter didn't seem to mind. As for the mermaid, it's the perfect size to fit in a little girl's pocket (and too small for a child under 3). It's also a good quality solid piece of plastic with nice details and a good paint job. Incidentally, they change color when moved from cold to warm water.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mermaid Magic, 5 Feb 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Mermaid Magic, 27 April 2009
This review is from: Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary) (Toy)
My daughter loved it and still loves the mermaid. Many thanks for the good service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fizztastic!, 16 Jan 2009
This review is from: Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary) (Toy)
I bought this toy and the Fairy Fizz for my two girls at Christmas and they loved the whole "experiment" of watching it fizz and the doll appearing. The mermaid has been a greater success because of the colour change tail - hot and cold water everywhere! But the fairy doesn't do anything once it appears although, if you buy more than one, they can swap wings but, to a two year old this is not very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Niece LOVES Mermaid Magic, 20 Dec 2009
Mr. AD Lloyd (London,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary) (Toy)
I purchased this product as a present for my niece & she loved it,she's mad about Mermaid Magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars They loved it, 4 Feb 2009
C. Kelly (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary) (Toy)
My review would be that this item is rubbish. It is a small plastic mermaid wrapped inside a bar of some kind of fastish disolving soap. You pit it in water and the soap dissolves leaving you with a mermaid appearing by 'magic'. Further 'magic' is forthcoming when the mermaid changes it's tail colour when placed in water.

However, my kids (girls 5 & 8)loved theirs. They seemed to get more pleasure out of this then they did with more expensive - and have surprisingly continued to use them. And at the end of the day if they like this product then that is all that counts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply splashing fizzy fun!, 24 Jun 2010
Cream crackered (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary) (Toy)
Well the main thing is that my daughter loved this toy and if she could write a review I'm sure she would give it 5 stars!

The thought of creating and discovering mermaids is always going to be a hit was little girls, and this is certainly one for the girls.

The fizzers are shell shaped and come in all different colours. The fizzers are very much like bath bombs (although this product should not be used whilst in the bath).

My daughter absolutely loved watching her Mermaid Magic Fizz N Surprise sink to the bottom of the sink basin and burst into a fizz. The fizz lasted for about a minute and my daughter was thrilled when she put her hand in the sink and pulled out a cute little mermaid!

One thing that I would change is the coloured paper on the heart, as it seems quite hard for children to take off for themselves. Dissolvable paper or a coloured fizzer would have probably been a better idea. I should also point out that the shells are quite small (about 3 inches by 3 inches) and the mermaids are even smaller so don't be too disappointed if you buy online.

The mermaids have colour changing tails. Our mermaids tail changed from dark pink (in cold water) to light pink (in hot water) but wasn't very obvious in my opinion. It might have been better if the tail changed totally different colours - Eg. Red to green, or yellow to blue. Despite that I still thought it was a good feature to have, which made the Mermaid seem even more magical.

Mermaid Magic Fizz N Surprise are collectible and there are 12 different mermaids to collect. All the mermaids have different names and are in different classes - common, rare and ultra rare. There is also a website where you can create and print off an 'official mermaid certificate' aswell as download a collection sheet. Each mermaid is worth a different amount of points.

I would say that girls under 5 years would really enjoy this toy but wouldn't feel the need to collect them all as the excitement of the fizz and the surprise at the end would probably be enough for them.

Girls over 5 are more likely to collect. However he problem with collecting is that you don't know which mermaid you are going to get and you are extremely likely to get lots of duplicates before you can collect the whole set, which could also work out a fortune! If you do decide to collect there is also a Seashell Island available.

In my opinion this a very nice novelty toy/stocking filler/pocket money toy (I've seen them slightly cheaper in shops).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary) (Toy)
Bought this as a gift for a child as local stores were out of stock. Good product at a good price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary) (Toy)
My 3year old niece wasn't too sure about having the fizzing shell in her bath but loved it in the wash basin....in fact I was in trouble for only buying 2! A great gift for little girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars re, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary) (Toy)
great product and a good price. arrived timeously and would recommend to anyone. would use again. many thanks to all

Mermaid Magic Fizz (colours may vary)