4.0 out of 5 stars A good product
Published on 9 Nov 2009 by Mr. J. R. Mullett

1.0 out of 5 stars not recommended
I bought this fryer based on a WHICH recommendation as their best buy. They were right. It is an excellent piece of kit. Easy and safe to use, and produces great results. Easy to clean too.
Published on 17 Feb 2010 by William J. Collins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 9 Nov 2009
Mr. J. R. Mullett "J R M" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi Professional CoolZone F24502CZ Fryer with Easy Clean, 800g (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Kitchen & Home)
I found this fryer very easy to use, well built and very effective. The 'Easy Clean' tap makes ther fryer very.. er.. easy to clean. The door that it's behind is a bit flimsy and will probably break off in a few years, but that doesn't worry me. The temp. comtrol dial is very nice, feels like a quality component, in fact the whole fryer has a solid, built-to-last feel (apart from that door). The lid keeps smells down to a minimum too. Nice price, good fryer, does what it says on the box. And it looks like a Cylon's head.

1.0 out of 5 stars not recommended, 17 Feb 2010
William J. Collins (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
The fryer was returned as it stopped heating. Amazon supplied a free replacement. It lasted 3 weeks before the same fault developed. The manufacturers service back up was unhelpful and difficult to deal with. Amazon service was superb however, and I wil buy another fryer od another make from Amazon soon

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect chips, 30 Jun 2010
Phil "user" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This works perfectly (and I'm sure I saw one used in a recent BBC regional chef's program). Wht's more it all comes apart and most bits go in the dish washer. I haven't used the tap to drain it, instead of balancing everything to line up the tap, it is really easy to pick the oil tank up out of the unit and pour the oil back into the bottle direct with a funnel (with a piece of kitchen towel in the funnel you can even filter the oil when you return it to the bottle) More recently, I just put it back in the cupboard, you don't have to empty it each time!
Oh forgot to say- this makes brilliant chips!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy-to-use, easy-to-clean, makes great fried chips, or great fried anything, 24 Aug 2010
Bought the smaller 800g, rather than the larger 1kg model - there are only two of us, after all. Good choice - it's neat, compact, dead simple to use, a doddle to clean, and can handle enough chips for two at a single go.
The whole thing consists of five units (frame, tank, lid, basket, plus heater element with thermostat) that are supremely easy to separate and slip back together - no screws, no clips, no clamps, no catches. The frame, tank, lid, basket and element are all stainless steel.
The lid of the fryer has a mesh filter `breather' that allows steam to vent, but stops (most) oil vapour from escaping and congealing on kitchen surfaces.
Rubberised feet stop the fryer from slipping around, and from scratching work surfaces.
There is a drain tap, but you don't need it - either leave the oil in the tank, or lift out the tank and pour the COOL oil via a funnel back into a bottle. My funnel happens to have a grille in the neck that removes debris from the oil - afraid I'm too impatient to strain my oil through a kitchen towel!
Sorry about MickeyD2611's cremated chips - if only he'd read S Dales' review first. We set the dial at 130C for very pale chips, 135C for golden ones, or 140C for dark ones. Or you could cook at 130C, then finish off with a short, tanning boost at, say, 150C or 160C. Whichever way you choose, this easy-to-use, easy-to-clean machine makes great fried chips, or great fried anything for that matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fryer we've had, 20 Aug 2010
Like other users we've had our fill of difficult to clean, plastic encased fryers and decided on the De'Longhi after reading reviews. It has now been in use for 2 or 3 months or more and and it has lived up to all our expectations. Extremely easy to clean, trouble free and frys beautifully. A couple or so of points to note - after cleaning the element needs to be properly seated otherwise it will switch on & off intermittently. The drain tap was exceedingly stiff the first time of use, subsequently though it now moves quite freely. The thermostat seems to heat oil to a higher temperature than previous fryers we've used at comparative settings - could be, of course, that the previous fryers were too low a temperature! Anyway, we suggest you experiment prior to preparing that gourmet dinner. We must emphasise again, that that bubear of all other fryers, draining and cleaning, really is a doddle

5.0 out of 5 stars The Holy Grail of fryers., 21 May 2010
S. Dales (S.Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is the perfect deep fat fryer for making chips.

Im actually reviewing the larger F24512CZ fryer here, not the F24502CZ which is perhaps the same, but slightly smaller capacity.

I didnt want to entertain any of those crazy deep fat fryers that only use a teaspoon of oil. Afterall, if you want to make chips, you have to deep fry them. If you are the type of person that thinks you can make decent chips in one of these crazy fryers, I dont even want to talk to you! In fact, go away!

This fryer makes the perfect chips for me. Its maximum heat setting is much higher than my previous fryer. It is so easy to dismantle and clean, and has enough capacity for two big helpings of chips. The permenant filter in the lid is a bonus. It heats up really quickly.

Heres how I make my favourite chips..

Switch on the fryer and select temperature setting 120.
Chip the potatoes and wash all the startch off them.
Thoroughly dry them on a tea towel.
When fryer is up to temperature, lower the basket of chips into the fryer.
After about 30 secs, lift the basket and shake, to stop any chips sticking together.
Fry for about 3-4 minutes or until the inside of the chips are going soft.
Lift them out completely and turn up to maximum heat.
When up to temperature, lower the basket again.
Again, shake them after 30 secs.
When brown and crispy, remove. They are done!
Tip into a dish lined with kitchen roll, and wipe them over to soak the oil off them.
Thats it!

Be aware that De'longhi also make a smaller sized identical fryer. But if you are a real man, get this bigger one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Head Fryer or just a chip monk, 12 Aug 2010
I am a retired Engineer. I purchased a Delonghi Deep Fryer F24502CZ recently on the strength of a 'Which' Survey that rated this fryer as their best buy, highlighting in particular good temperature control. I liked all the practical features relating to cleaning which are so important. I bought one at Comet at a fair price. Following instructions of " frying a full portion at 190C " it just cremated the chips after a few of minutes. When I checked with a hand held thermometer the fryer's temperature control was anything but if you get my meaning. Fair play to Comet they changed it without question but guess what, the replacement was almost as bad. Am I just unlucky?. According to Delonghi the choice of oil is important but in my case I used Corn oil which is approved. Frankly I feel a bit of a fool taking another one back so I've since tried using my fryer ignoring the instruction book and followed the recommended way of making chips but using much lower temperatures starting at about 125C for initial frying, letting them cool and finishing them off visually at 190C which is OK, but generally I'm disappointed. As a last resort I intend taking it to one of Delonghi's approved service companies if only to prove to myself that I'm not stupid.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes great chips., 10 Nov 2010
JB (Chudleigh, Devon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Spent ages reading reviews, this one seemed to have mostly favourable reports, so I bought one and I've not been disappointed.

The fryer is easy to clean and refill; its relatively small footprint and weight means it's easy to move between uses. I can cook enough chips for two adults and a three-year-old in one go (basket to capacity).

With regard to cooking chips, I did follow the advice given by others, namely, about four minutes at 120 C then lift the basket and heat the oil to around 180 C and give the chips about another four minutes (depending on taste). I also found that it's very important to wash the chipped potatoes (and dry them) before cooking to stop them sticking together; I expect most people already knew that! We've settled on rooster potatoes and sunflower oil.

I does generate a fair amount of steam when cooking on the highest temperature, and the vent is just in front of the control, but I just switch it off at the wall when the chips are done. Water vapour collects on the underside of the cover which can cause a large amount of 'sizzling' if you're a little clumsy removing the lid to check the chips, but I soon learned that lesson.

Overall, we're very pleased and have difficulty limiting its use to once a week!

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep fat fryer, so easy to empty, and compact to store, 15 Oct 2010
K. E. Procter "Kathryn's Garden" (Stockport Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
Well Done Amazon, arrived in time for Saturday evening fry off !! So sick of the round fryers, and the faulty filters, they used to set off the alarms ! ! ! ! This De'Longhi professional coolzone, is great, I would recommend it. Heats up swiftly, cooks evenly, filters work well ( no alarms) and I could empty the oil easily when cool, back into the bottle.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves this thing, 26 Feb 2011
Way way back when greasy horrible deepfat fryers were being bought by all the council-house dwellers and then along with all the sandwich makers, fizzy drink makers and exersize machines, they were being sold off at car boot sales, my wife avoided the temptation to buy yet another flavour-of-the-month gadget. Now they seem to have become more civilised and we have realised that frozen oven chips are a disgrace, we bought this DeLonghi fryer. She loves it and I love what comes out of it. It is easy to drain and clean and it just works. What more can you want? Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›