5.0 out of 5 stars Second time lucky
I recently bought this machine and was incredibly dissapointed. It produced, at best, luke warm coffe. I exchanged the machine for another just to be sure that it was just not a good coffe machine. My new one arrived yesterday and it is like a completely different model. ALL of the coffees are piping hot (and I'm known as cast iron guts, for how hot I drink my tea and...
Published on 10 July 2008 by Matthew Cochrane

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice 'luke warm' coffee
I agree with all of the positives written here regarding quality of drinks produced, ease of use, customise options and quality service from The Nespresso club.

However, I feel I must point out that the machine does not heat the milk sufficiently for cappucino or latte options and the resulting drinks are luke warm, warm at best.

Preheating the cup...
Published on 9 Jan. 2008 by MP

3.0 out of 5 stars Kyrano, 9 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Nespresso Lattissima by De'Longhi EN660 ,Creamy White (Kitchen & Home)
This machine is essentially for making expresso coffee and is designed for this purpose. It makes good expresso. If you are looking forward to a large cappucino you will be disappionted. The pods are not large enough to give you a strong cappucinno. Even the strongest '10' rated expresso tastes week and too milky. You could of course use 2 pods but then the cost of your coffee jumps to 50p plus a throw.
I am also disappointed the stainless steel drip tray is scratched after only light use.
Very expensive for what you get.

1.0 out of 5 stars luke warm cappuccino, 21 Feb. 2008
I had to send my machine back after 2 weeks as it consistently refused to heat the milk up hot enough . how disappointing! it frothed the milk fine and tasted great...but was ALWAYS lukewarm ( and this was the 2nd machine i ordered...the first didn't work properly...no coffee came trhough!!) Also it is a devil to clean...what a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Luke warm is optimistic, 20 Jun. 2008
Peter Brunskill "petertheclaret" (West Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
Makes nice coffee but it is just not hot. You can down the whole cup as soon as its made and it still feels as though you've left it to cool for 10 mins. Or have I just got a rogue machine? Obviously not if the review above is typical.

Swithched from Tassimo for the extended range of coffeees (which is a major bonus) but if I have to microwave each completed cup to make it warm enough then I reckon even at £179 its way too expensive.

Cannot begin to describe just how hugely disappointed I have been with the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent one touch system, 7 Jan. 2008
Mr. N. J. Fellows "Neil" (Redditch, UK) - See all my reviews
Got this from Amazon the other week and have to say I'm really happy with it. Once programmed to the cup size it really is a press once and leave it system, and cleaning is dead easy - just one press.

I'll be honest and say, as good as the Nespresso capsules are, they are not quite as good as freshly groud beans. But then you have the simplicity of clean capsules and no mess, so this far out weighs the other machines. To get a similar system that's one touch you'd be looking upwards of £700, so this is something of a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine - looks good and tastes good, 5 Feb. 2009
I bought this machine as an upgrade to my old nespresso machine. It certainly looks the part in my kitchen and overall I am really happy with it. I do agree that sometimes it may not make extra hot milky coffees but I think this is if the machine hasn't been switched on for long or if the milk is ice cold from the fridge. It is a very clever little machine and I think it makes great coffees with little hassle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee machine, 7 Jan. 2010
Excellent and versatile machine that consistently produces a good cup of coffee. We particularly like the easy use latte/cappuccino facility which means you can decide how frothy etc you want your cup. The feature to set your own defaults for all types of coffee is also easy to use. We are also enjoying the selection of different coffee types that came with the starter pack we ordered to compliment the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nespresso Magic!!!, 22 Sept. 2010
El Tel (London , England) - See all my reviews
I believe this to be something of a bargain,cheaper in the range because of the colour. I love this machine it makes perfect latte, cappuccino and espresso.very simple to use and easy to clean. it is very well made and should last a very long time. i bought this to replace a Gaggia machine,which died after 2 years. Amazon delivery was superb.

1.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Luke Warm, 21 April 2008
I returned this machine after a few days. The look / ease of use is great. But I want a machine that makes hot coffee - and even if you use warm milk / let the machine heat up longer / flush water through it - at best you get "warm" coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars best coffee ever, 23 Jun. 2010
Beryldowling (UK) - See all my reviews
Yoy would never have instant coffee after this. Machine very easy to use, basically pop in the pod and press the button. Yum

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine And Simple To Use., 18 July 2008
I have found this machine to make excellent tasting coffee. It is so simple to use and easy to keep clean too.
For anyone having problems with the temperature of drinks being too low I would recommend running a lungo of hot water through first and then pressing the steam clean button for around 12 seconds just to warm everything up. I also find using Bodum Pavina glasses help retain the heat of the drink far greater than any other glass I have used before.
Another tip is to use Cravendale milk as it seems to froth better and lasts much longer than normal milks before going sour. This is of particular help as the milk container with this machine does not seem particularly airtight

Nespresso Lattissima by De'Longhi EN660 ,Creamy White