5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Tape
This is very strong although it looks very delicate.
I use it when I wear clothes that could be very revealing and it keeps things in place!

No reactions to it and I have quite sensitive skin.
Recommended.
Published on 18 Aug. 2011 by Regular User

3.0 out of 5 stars fine
this product does the job however it does not come in a box as advertised so once open it can get grubby which is not ideal in an open wound situation and I find if not protected this kind of tape loses its sticking qualities with age if it had been boxed it would have rated higher but it annoying when a product arrives and it is not as advertised
Published 14 months ago by andylarner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Tape, 18 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 12.5mm x 5m
This is very strong although it looks very delicate.

No reactions to it and I have quite sensitive skin.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tape for all seasons., 23 Mar. 2014
K. Jamison (Co. Down, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 12.5mm x 5m
It's difficult to believe that Micropore was first introduced as long ago as 1959. It has become the staple alternative for me as a band-aid. It is quick to apply and the papery backing is easily torn to length.

My Gran never went anywhere without her roll of Micropore and we often joked that if your leg was hanging by a thread, Gran would patch it together with Micropore and that other great product, Savlon!

Available in a range of sizes: 12.5mm, 25mm and 50mm (1/2", 1" & 2"), Micropore is excellent as a stabiliser to hold the edges of a minor cut together or to cover a bad scrape on knees or elbows. It is often the first barrier between the outside world and the healing wound.

The adhesive is hypo-allergenic yet sticks well to skin leaving no residue when peeled off.

The greatest property of Micropore is its structure, allowing fresh air to pass through to speed the healing while barring larger contaminants from causing infection. It is splash-proof and will resist water to a degree so you can have a shower or bath without worrying if it will peel off of its own accord.

A highly recommended product to keep in your First Aid box, glove compartment or bag for instant use.

3.0 out of 5 stars fine, 6 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M Micropore Surgical Tape, 30 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 12.5mm x 5m
This is the original wonderful 3M Micropore tape. It's superbly thin, and not to be confused with 'Microporous' tape now sold by a nationwide pharmacy, presumably because it's cheaper for the pharmacy). (The 'Microporous' is thicker and less flexible, and in my opinion it's poor by comparison.) I use 3m Micropore because I've an allergy to rubber (latex) so cannot use conventional plasters. It's so very versatile. Instead of a ready-made plaster, I use it with a small piece of lint. A terrific product. I keep all 3 sizes in stock - the 1.25cm, 2.5cm and 5cm widths - because they have different uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for skin, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 12.5mm x 5m
this tape works really well to keep a dressing in place over my sons gastrostemy. it stays put on his belly without damaging the skin when its pulled off. i do change the position of new tape to avoid redness of skin which has had many changes of new tape and dressings. the narrowness of the tape helps avoid larger areas of skin being aggravated. i prefer it to other types of medical tape i have used.

5.0 out of 5 stars And they are excellent at it, 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 12.5mm x 5m
Not going to deny it - I use this tape to prevent my nipples bleeding whenever I go running. And they are excellent at it. I used to use sticky plasters, but these came off with even a little sweat. The tape can stay on indefinitely. I have also used it to hold my wallpaper onto the wall where it is peeling in a damp place. Wonderful stuff!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surgical Tape, 10 Mar. 2013
John Murphy "Great Grandpa" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 12.5mm x 5m
Excellent essential and multi purpose item for First Aid Kits.
More useful than the cheap plasters supplied in many such kits - Keeps bandaging in place and with a bit of sterile non-woven absorbent swab you can make your own plasters to suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Standby, 2 Jun. 2013
Mr. Richard Steiert (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 12.5mm x 5m
It was good that 3M are still making this excellent and reliable product. I use this to cover the stainless back of my wrist watch since I am allergic to the metal. It really does the job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Surgical Tape, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 12.5mm x 5m
I have long term diabetic foot problems that need frequent dressings. Does exactly what it should and is a good standby for those times when the NHS can't supply

1.0 out of 5 stars P&P, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Micropore Surgical Tape 12.5mm x 5m
Nor the cost of the tape but for something weighing less than what, if I could get to the post office or a chemist, a charge of £6 for P&P seems excessive.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›