4.0 out of 5 stars Great lock for added peace of mind
This is my second purchase of one of these locks, as the first one lasted me several years before the cable fell out of the end pin,

Published on 8 May 2013 by The Magician

2.0 out of 5 stars On tug destroyed it
I bought this as I thought it would be handy to lock my bike for the few minutes it takes to pop into a shop. I didn't expect it to resist a determined thief, but I did hope it would resist a casual attempt by a passer-by. To test it I locked my bike to a post, then gave the bike a quick yank. The lock disintegrated immediately.

Bin job. Enough said.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lock for added peace of mind, 8 May 2013
The Magician (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifeventure Cable Lock - (Luggage)

It's possibly a little larger than you might image (roughly the side of an ipod and maybe 3cm thick) but is *so* handy for just putting through the handles of your bag and then around a handy table base/post/whatever to stop sneak thieves running off with your bag.

I wouldn't use it as a bike lock or anything like that where I was leaving something valuable on public display and leaving the area ... but that's my opinion :-)

The end pin is a little large to go through some bag zip pulls (it works on my luggage but not my girlfriend's) so be aware of that if you were intending to loop this through.

Final caveat: when you push the end pin in to lock the lock, there's a first "click" which isn't fully locked, you have to push it a little further, otherwise a good pull will pull the end pin back out again.

But basically for the price, it does everything I want from it, has handled being lugged around the world, and gives me peace of mind. So I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars handy and lightweight, 25 Aug. 2011
D L (N .Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifeventure Cable Lock - (Luggage)
Have used for both skis and cycles and it's great benefit is small size and weight.Easy and quick to use, so no excuse not to keep it with you for all occasions.

2.0 out of 5 stars On tug destroyed it, 8 Aug. 2013

Bin job. Enough said.

4.0 out of 5 stars we're good to go, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Lifeventure Cable Lock - (Luggage)
I bought these for the charity shop I volunteer in. We sell donated items to make money for the charity, but some people think we just put things out for them to steal. As long as there is something to run the cable through the item and something to connect the cable to, we're good to go. At least it slows the movement, hopefully stops thefts altogether.

The locks are easy to use, cable retracts easily and locks. And the end bit is small enough to get through most holes. I only wish the cable was longer, hence only 4 stars!

2.0 out of 5 stars Much bigger than expected, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lifeventure Cable Lock - (Luggage)
It wasn't clear from the description what the dimensions of this lock were - I already own a cable lock (also around 90cm cable, but with 3 digits, not 4), which is much smaller, so when this one arrived, I was a bit shocked at the size (and weight) of it. I no longer have it at hand, but suffice to say I personally found it to be way too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ski lock, 12 Feb. 2014
Arrived really quickly.
Does what it's supposed to although I guess anyone determined to rip it off would manage to do so. Certainly gives you peace of mind though.
One tip. When carrying it in your pocket lock the loose end in the padlock, then if the numbers do rotate there is no danger of the code changing without you noticing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Lifeventure Cable Lock - (Luggage)
I 've used this type of lock on my bike for some years so when the previous one finally gave up the ghost, I ordered another. Unfortunately, it only lasted a month before the cable return button stuck inside so the lock wouldn't work correctly. I contacted the seller who straight away sent a replacement which is fine to date.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lifeventure Cable Lock - (Luggage)
I used this as a minor deterrent when backpacking around South America. At first I thought it was quite handy to lock bags to seats when sleeping on buses etc., but within a couple of months the internal plastic mechanism snapped (under normal use, not under any force) so disappointingly poor quality and not recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be a little longer, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lifeventure Cable Lock - (Luggage)
Has great security being laminated steel cable, my only niggle is that the cable could have been longer even that extra foot would have made this complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ski lock, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Lifeventure Cable Lock - (Luggage)
Arrived promptly in time for ski holiday. Used to lock skis in overnight storage area, did the job. Easy to use and nice and compact.

Lifeventure Cable Lock -