5.0 out of 5 stars excellent on mosquitos and bed lice

Published 18 months ago by Roy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent on mosquitos and bed lice, 28 July 2008
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
I recently used this on a trip to the DRC and found it fantastic to help me stop being bitten from mozzies. I used it with a deet spray and returned unscathed (well bite wise anyway, but thats another story!). It was easy to apply and the only downfall is that despite it saying 2 weeks before it needs reapplying, I found that some mozzies could sit on my shirt and then fly away even though it was only 10 days. Maybe it was to do with how much I sweated? But up until then, it worked great and so I simply retreated my outfit again. I also used it one night on questionable bedding in my hut which had bed lice (yuk). The spray looked like it took effect pretty slowly but the next night they were all dead and I could stop freakin out about things crawling on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bugproof Clothing Spray, 10 Dec. 2010
P. Edwards - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
Seemed to work as no bugs landed on my clothes in Ecuador. I managed to spray several items of clothing with this small bottle, 5 T shirts, but only sprayed the bottoms of trousers. No bites therefore I must recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mozzies beware, 16 July 2013
R. J. Williams "R J Williams" (Cheshire Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
Very good product, worked well highly recommend. I also sprayed it in my tent. Very good keep away from eyes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seemed ok, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
We went on holiday to the Czech Republic in an area prone to ticks. We sprayed our clothes with this and had no problems but whether that was because of the spray or because of a lack of ticks I am not sure. It is recommended by several organisations so it is probably worthwhile. My only criticism is that it does not go very far and you need to use quite a lot to cover your clothes.

4.0 out of 5 stars bug spray, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
This is the second time I have bought this spray because it worked pretty well the first time.I bought it mainly to keep ticks at bay on a trip to North America and I didn't have any problems with ticks or any other biting insects.I recently used it ,in Sri Lanka to stop thousands of ants piling into my apartment ,after a rainstorm .I don't particularly like killing any insects but sometimes it is unavoidable and this product worked perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars BITE FREE SUMMER, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
This product worked during this very hot and sunny summer. Nowhere near as many insect problems as hitherto. Thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars seemed to help, 24 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
I ordered three of these sprays before going on safari to Tanzania and they arrived promptly. Unfortunately, two of the three sprays did not work properly and I had to change the nozzle from the only one that did. This would have been a major problem if I hadn't been lucky enough to get one that did spray well.

Having said that, I treated all my clothes, inside and out (approximately 8 tops, 4 pairs trousers, 4 pairs socks) with one bottle, concentrating on the ankles/cuffs.
I took a "belt and braces" approach to mosquito protection, so also used skin protection, ankle bands and tent sprays whilst away and didn't get bitten at all. It's hard to say whether any one thing worked or if it was a combination, but I have to give credit to everything.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment (Permethrin), 3 July 2013
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
May well have worked well but I did get some "insect" bites on my ankles by the next day but do not really know what the reason was. Permethrin has a good reputation for use on outer clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Bugs etc., AWAY!!, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
If you're going away on safari or even camping at any time this is a must have if you hate to be bitten by those nasty little
things that lurk in the undergrowth or even folds of clothes when you're away.. Do take the trouble to get yourself a bit of protection as it's worth it for comforts sake let alone the unpleasantness of being irritated by bites etc.,

3.0 out of 5 stars Bugproof for clothing, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Nomad Bugproof Clothing Treatment Permethrin 100ml
Main problem was bottle leaked in packaging therefore I received soggy (but bugproof!!!) package. Bottles not the best for product - once used approx two thirds of product spray didn't work very well. Used with 50% DEET didn't get bitten so as far as I can tell worked well..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›