Published on 20 Aug 2008 by S. Lisa O'Kane

3.0 out of 5 stars value for money
so strong that it burned my skin not physically but experienced a heat feeling on skin. recommend it used on top of baby oil
Published 11 months ago by Ms. J. Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars fends off all the bugs, with the exception of a few very determined biters!, 20 Aug 2008
S. Lisa O'Kane (Co. Derry, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
I got this spray for travelling through Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. Worked excellently, but be warned it's so strong it melted the nail polish on my toes! If applied thoroughly on exposed skin, you'll fend off the mozzies no problem. One bottle lasted me around 3-4 weeks when used constantly. A very good investment for anyone travelling to malaria zones. At 6.99 here on amazon it's the cheapest I could find of this brand!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for backpacking, 26 Mar 2010
I took this with me to Thailand last year, and was very glad I did - but not for the obvious reason.

Firstly, it is very, very strong. People within 20 meters of me were struggling to breath.
But that didn't stop me getting bitten. In fact I was bitten several times every night. I worked out this was because I wasn't properly rubbing it onto my skin. It's quite thick, so you have to be pretty vigourous when applying it - which can be a problem if you're a bit sunburnt.
Basically, I'd recommend getting something weaker and less pungent that you can put on before going out, and an aerosol that you can use to spray a whole room at night.

But, I have to give this 5 stars because this stuff really came in handy one night.
I was staying in a (very basic) beach hut. My mosquito net was treated with permethrin, and I took a bottle of permethrin and sprayed the bed as well.
On the second night, I was woken up by a very strange feeling - my back and neck were incredibly itchy, and every now and then there was a sharp pain - like being jabbed with a pin.
I grabbed my torch, and when I turned it on, found that my bed was covered in ants. Really small black ants.

They were all over my mosquito net, they were in my bed, my hair, my underwear...everywhere. And they were biting me!
So basically I freaked out. I leapt out of bed, and danced around in a circle slapping myslef to try and kill the little critters. This went on for about 10 minutes.
Then, when I was satisfied there were no ants left on me, I chain smoked a few cigarettes, calmed down a bit and had a closer look at my bed. The ants were using my mosquito net like a big climbing frame, and they were small enough to crawl through the net, and down onto the bed. I can only assume that permethrin is like catnip to these ants, because they seemed to be having a great time.

I grabbed my bottle of repel 100, and began spraying it over every square inch of the bed, the mosquito net, and myself.
I was very satisfied to see that the ants, when sprayed with this stuff, seemed to writhe around in pain for a few seconds and then curl up and die. It did take the whole bottle to cover everything, but it worked.
So, with the sun just coming up, I got back into bed and fell asleep, and promised myself I'd put a positive review on amazon recounting this story, and would never travel again without a bottle of this with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 July 2009
Tracey Marsh (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
I took this to India with me, I used the Repel 50 for going out and Repel 100 when I went to bed and it worked. A+++

4.0 out of 5 stars DEET, 19 Nov 2010
This brand is dependable and good value through Amazon.
Easy to use but bottle looks flimsy in luggage context...best in a ziplock bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars anti mozi spray, 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: Pyramid Insect Repellent - 100% Deet 120ml One Size (Personal Care)
First time ever on hols without being eaten alive by mozis.Lingering smell and oily but it works, keep away from the eyes!

5.0 out of 5 stars It simply worked, 23 Nov 2009
Used this on a holiday to Thailand recently - took a few different bottles of repellants (to make use of little bits of leftovers of the year). Used a natural repellant which didn't work at all, some other common market brands, which did (because they contained some DEET), but this one was by far the most effective one! It does mildly corrode plastic surfaces (no friend of nail polish), but it doesn't change the state of any natural fibers (cotton, linen, leather).

5.0 out of 5 stars Repel 100% deet, 15 Aug 2010
I always get eaten alive by mosquitos!! Repel 100% Deet is the only product that has worked for me. I can now go abroad and know that I will not get bitten at all when I use this product in the correct way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mosquito Spray, 18 Mar 2010
Mr. Q. Gummow - See all my reviews
Excellent and efficient. Used in conjunction with Deet 55. Easy to apply and odourless.
Arrived within a couple of days of ordering

4.0 out of 5 stars Not pleasant but neither are bites, 30 Sep 2011
This is basically 100% DEET and therefore to be treated with care. It does not taste nice but then again is best kept away from your mouth. Follow the instructions and if in any doubt go for a lesser concentration of DEET.

That being said it works. It will generally prevent most insect bites if applied properly but it has a certain odour designed to deter the female of the biting species. It probably works with human females so be warned.

It is not the most pleasant of repellants but for extreme circumstances and for those prone to being bitten/stung/sucked and generally bothered by insects it is the best that is out there providing you have no problem with putting a fairly noxious chemical on your skin.

3.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 28 Sep 2013