5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hand Blender
This is a brillaint blender... I love it!
Its made of several parts and a lot of them are dishwasher safe (obviously the bit with the plug is not)!

Published on 26 Mar 2008 by Amanda Haunts

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic drive parts break easily
Have now owned two Plilips hand blenders - first this 700 watt model,and then the 600 watt model - and both have suffered the same problem - the plastic drive has broken while blending diced fruit and vegetables.
Published on 16 Sep 2010 by Chris A

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hand Blender, 26 Mar 2008
Amanda Haunts - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips HR1372 Hand Blender (Black) (Kitchen & Home)
This is a brillaint blender... I love it!

It consists of a blender (with variable speeds and a turbo button) although there is not just an on/ off button you need to hold it down. I use this for making soup. There is a good sized jug with a lid (which I use to store my blended soup in). This fits in the side door of my fridge (incase this info helps).

Then there are 2 mini processors. One is small which is good for grinding spice, herbs etc and small amount of food. The other is bigger and can be used for larger blending. I've used it for making humous, blending my tomatoes & for large amounts of herbs. It is obviously not as big as a food processor but would be good for small amounts..

There is also a mixer which can be added. I've made some good pancakes using it but dont apply to much pressure as I managed to break the motor making a cake. I got a refund and bought the exact same product (which shows how good I think it is).

You can also crush ice with as there is a specific ice blade but I have not used this yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic drive parts break easily, 16 Sep 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but nothing to my old Braun, 23 Oct 2009
This review is from: Philips HR1372 Hand Blender (Black) (Kitchen & Home)
Like so many other reviewers I bought this to replace my trusty Braun blender. I feel Braun have made something of a mistake in discontinuing their blender! In comparison this is okay, considering it had a lot to live up to. I still miss my old one though and next time round would buy another like it rather than this one. It's fine, works okay and as a blender plus accessories it does the job. However...

The biggest of the two choppers, supposedly XL, is in fact only slightly larger than the 'mini' chopper. This is a bit disappointing, as I have been used to a much larger jug-type chopper which has a large capacity. The picture accompanying this product is somewhat deceptive as it makes the two look very different in size when they are not.

There is a rubber base to both choppers to stop them moving on the worktop. Their design is very fiddly. On the choppers there is a small channel where the rubber base fits. This channel is too small to dry properly with a tea towel. Also, the rubber part has a similar problem as it has a channel to fit with the plastic part, but is slightly less fiddly to dry off. Why couldn't they have had the rubber base fitting round the outside of the plastic instead of the two parts fitting together in channels?

The actual chopping part of the larger chopper has a gap up its stem where food bits tend to accumulate. Once again, these can be fiddly to dislodge and I have had to grab an item of cutlery to get the food particles out.

Again with the choppers (which I think have been poorly designed) there is a spring in the part on the lid which fits to the motor. I don't see this lasting long if putting the lids through a dishwasher, and I make a point of washing mine gently so I don't dislodge the springs.

This all sounds rather negative! However it works and is, as far as I can see, the only blender set which includes two choppers, a jug, a whisk (which I never used on my old set) and the blender part itself, which is basically why I bought it. I preferred my Braun though.

1.0 out of 5 stars very flimsy and larger blender/food processor part broke after 10 uses, 28 July 2010
This review is from: Philips HR1372 Hand Blender (Black) (Kitchen & Home)
On the whole it looked quite good although the spring connecting the food processor was a bit suspect. In fact the larger food processor broke after using about 10 times - it no long blends at all. Even the smaller one does not blend as efficiently - it does whisk eggs nicely but that is about it. All in all very costly investment and would not recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, 15 Dec 2009
This review is from: Philips HR1372 Hand Blender (Black) (Kitchen & Home)
Have used this item a great deal since buying a couple of months ago. It does chop very finely though, so you only need to use it for a second or two to chops onions etc or you will end up with pulp! We have used all the gadgets that come with it - for blending soups in the pan, whizzing up biscuit base for cheesecake, whipping up cheesecake, herbs, onions, stuffing, breadcrumbs - all sorts really - wouldn't be without it now. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of blitz for your buck!, 25 Nov 2010
This review is from: Philips HR1372 Hand Blender (Black) (Kitchen & Home)
Having used this blender now quite a few times with all but the whisk attachment all I can say is fantastic! It makes short work of rough chopping but is particularly good at making purees. As I cook mainly for two (myself an my partner) being able to make smaller quantities of various purees and "mole"types is really great and the smaller parts are much easier to clean rather than my large worktop blender meaning less waste. As yet I have not suffered any of the glitches mentioned in other reviews, I can maybe put this down to the fact that this is not the first hand blender I have owned and therefore know how to use it properly I.E. pulse lots of times rather than just running the motor at full pelt until it overheats and also select the lowest speed possible for your task as faster is not always going to give you the best result! Highly recommended, when you consider the extras that come with this unit it's got to be the best value around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 'sister' for my liquidiser......., 21 Dec 2008
This review is from: Philips HR1372 Hand Blender (Black) (Kitchen & Home)
I've had this blender 4 weeks now and I am without a complaint. Also, my Philips HR2094 liquidiser is still in full use for making smoothies and especially for the fact that it has a filter.

Basically, this Philips Hand Blender offers the flexibility of being able to make things like soups quickly without having to get out the liquidiser, or if I just need to blend something quickly or mix in an extra ingredient like cream or something similar.

Personally, I think I would find it hard to dispose of either of them.....

2.0 out of 5 stars motor broke in under a year, 21 Feb 2009
This review is from: Philips HR1372 Hand Blender (Black) (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this to replace a Braun blender I had had for many years. The motor broke in less than a year despite only having infrequent light use. On the plus side the metal attachment for soup has a nice plastic lining so you do not scratch pans which was a nice touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 3 Feb 2009
This review is from: Philips HR1372 Hand Blender (Black) (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent; I should have bought one years ago. It is very powerful: excellent for soups and smoothies. We use a large glass jug we have for smoothies not the plastic one provided. Very easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well,Delivered on time, 14 April 2009
E. C. Lupton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips HR1372 Hand Blender (Black) (Kitchen & Home)
Works well,powerful motor, Good make and easy to clean.
Would not recommend washing in dishwasher partly because parts may seperate with the heat and not necessary, washes well under the tap.

Philips HR1372  Hand Blender (Black)
Out of stock