4.0 out of 5 stars Not as incredible as the Incredibles but getting there!
I think this is probably the best representation of the TMNT on the big or small screens. It's certainly the closest to the comics.

A warrior from Central America gained immortality 3,000 years ago, and his generals were turned to stone. 13 monsters were released into the world and created carnage. Fast forward to now, and the portal from which the warrior...
Published on 7 April 2008 by S. Bentley

3.0 out of 5 stars [3.5]--Gotta love those turtles!,
I was one of the many that grew up watching Teenage mutant ninja turtles and got caught up in the whole TMNT phenomenon back in the late 80s and the early 90s. That being said, the craze escalated when the guys in green migrated to the big screen and spanned over 2 sequels, which to my opinion didn't match up the level of polish the first one was.

Yes, my...
Published on 23 Jun 2007 by Jenny J.J.I.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Writing this as a dad, 25 May 2011
Mr. R. Howe (South Shields, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007) [DVD] (DVD)
My 4-year-old saw this on TV and it just caught his imagination right away. Since we bought the DVD he's watched it almost every day and never seems to tire of the nonstop action this movie offers. As a Dad, I remember growing up with the original Turtles so I was able to see right away that this movie is very different to those of 'yore', however it's far more action-packed and I guess if the Director and Creators were reading this review I couldn't give it any higher praise than a four year old little boy declaring it the best DVD he's "ever seen, ever!"

If you have a little boy who's pretty hyper, loves things like Sonic, this should be right up their street.

5.0 out of 5 stars If Sarah Michelle Gellar is in it! Only joking, good film!, 29 Jun 2007
This review is from: TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007) [DVD] (DVD)
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back in this all new action packed movie. Tech-industrialist Max Winters is amassing an army of ancient monsters to apparently take over the world, and only one super-ninja fighting team can stop them -- those heroes in a half shell--Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael! With the help of their rat sensei, Master Splinter, and old allies April O'Neil and Casey Jones, the TMNT are in for the fight of their lives in this all new CG-animated action adventure movie. With a fantastic voice cast including Sarah Michelle Gellar, Patrick Stewart.

A funny film for everyone to enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film but..., 26 Oct 2007
This review is from: TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007) [DVD] (DVD)
As a fan of TMNT as a kid, I adore this film. The animation is fantaastic and although it focuses on Leo and Raph a bit much and has almost no focus on Don or Mikey, the character development and plot are also brilliant. One thing that annoyed me abotu this DVD though was the fact that for almost all of the special features (the deleted scenes), I could not find a way to turn the commentary off, which drove me mad. I wanted to listen to the dialogue in the scenes, not to some guy telling me why they decided to drop them! The extras on the DVD were ok, but hopefully the special edition will contain much more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crime Fighting Heroes in Search of a Good Plot, 10 Aug 2007
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007) [DVD] (DVD)
Leonardo (voiced by James Arnold Taylor) has been studying in South America. He's been sent there by Master Splinter (Mako) to learn how to be a better leader to his brothers. The training didn't go well, and Leo stayed.

But in his absence, his brothers have lost their way. Michelangelo (Mikey Kelly) dons a costume and hires himself out for entertainment as kid's birthday parties. Donatello (Mitchelle Witfield) works as a computer helpline operator. Only Raphael (Nolan North) still fights crime, taking to the streets at night as a vigilante.

The turtle's human friend April (Sarah Michelle Gellar) finds Leo while on an antiques expedition. When she tells him what his brothers are up to, he decides to return to New York, where he is greeted warmly by all but Raphael.

He's returned just in time, however. Something evil is happening in New York City. Weird creatures are on the loose and even stranger creatures are capturing them. Can the turtles pull together to find the answers and defend their city?

I wasn't a fan of the turtles going into the movie, but got talked into going to see it by some friends. Even so, I found this movie fairly predictable. Now that's not necessarily a bad thing in my book. There are some movies I absolutely love that were predictable.

My bigger problem came with Leo and Raphael's fight. I wanted to see the turtles working together, something they really don't spend much time doing. In fact, this storyline dominates so much of the film, the villain's story seemed more like a badly tacked on sub-plot instead of the main focus.

Not that the villain wasn't entertaining. I got caught up in wondering how the turtles would defeat him. I just wish it had been more prominently featured.

The computer animation is quite interesting. It's part realistic, part comic book. There were shots that looked very real, including some during a rain storm. Other times, it looked like something directly out of a comic book.

I don't know how true fans will feel about the movie. I tried to give it a far chance, but it really didn't entertain me like I hoped it would.

5.0 out of 5 stars IN A NUTSHELL!!!, 1 Jun 2007
J. SANGHA "jin" (sheffield, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007) [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the better examples of a comeback in recent times.

It is a sleeper hit that has muted most critics out there. The plot is fully engaging with the four turtles showing some real character depth and real problems moving on.

The immortality element was unexpected but worked well with the talented Patrick Stewart at the helm.

The CGI is amazing, especially during the fight between two turtles.

The film as a whole shows heart, which in turn, makes the characters that much more endearing.

5.0 out of 5 stars cowabunga dude! (or so the saying goes...), 8 Jan 2008
This review is from: TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007) [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a child of the 80's and was brought up on a diet of teenage mutant 'hero' turtles. I didn't get a chance to see this film in the cinema, but recently an opportunity arose to watch it.
I laughed more watching this film than I have at any film of recent times; the banter between the turtles was fantastic. I'm unsure if a non-fan would find as much as humorous as I did, but I'd imagine they'd still enjoy themselves.
The animation was first-class; I didn't expect it to be so fluid and vivid.
My one minor gripe with the film was the plot. While there was nothing wrong with it on the surface, it was pretty banal and I felt they could have done so much more. It would have been good to see some of their old enemies in action, although this possibility was alluded to at the end of the film for any future features.
Overall, for a turtles fan I'd definitely recommend it. To those not too familiar with the turtles, if you like animated features containing action scenes, definitely give it a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Power, 5 Feb 2009
Mr. M. Randall (Sale, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Ok as a kid I loved the Turtles they were brilliant and loves the 1st film. I didn't se this at the cinema as I was skeptical & thought I was getting too old. But when I cam,e to choose DVD's in the Amazon 3 for 2 offer I thought hey, give it a go. It'll be pretty much free anyway.
I am really glad I gave ti a shot, the effort the producers have made is clearly shows well as the film has a wonderful feel and warmth to it. In my opinion only the Toy Story's managed this.
The CHI & Blu Ray transfer are superb and gave the film a really bright crisp finish. The imagery is excellent!
I like that rather than make everything look too realistic as they have given the characters that comic book finish with larger heads or super big upper bodies etc.
So overall a very enjoyable film well worth seeing (and getting on blu ray), if your a traditionalist that loved the original films you may not like it (purely as it's CGI) but with an open mind I rekon everyone can enjoy this fun film.

5.0 out of 5 stars the turtles have never looked so good, 30 Dec 2007
I was looking for a good CGI film on Blu Ray and out of all the animated film on offer, this new take on the TMNT looked to be a good bet.

Being of the older generation of fan, it has been a long time since I've seen the turtles on the big screen and I can happily say that I really liked this film from start to end.

The film is dark and gritty looking, like I remembered the first motion picture film being but the turtles have never looked so good, they are leaner, slicker and the fast past action/fight scenes are very well through out and choreographed. With snappy one-liners and tong in cheek comments with a great universal appeal.

I think the highlight of the film for me is the fight scenes on the roof top in the rain.

This is a great family film for all ages and looks stunning in 1080p.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun, Kids love it., 27 Mar 2008
This review is from: TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007) [DVD] (DVD)
Anyone who gives this film a bad score has something wrong with them. It's great fun. The turtles have joined the 21st century in style. Of course it's a bit daft - it's the turtles! My 3 yr old son is mad about them and loves this film.
The humour appeals to adults and the graphics are fun. The plot is easy and that's all I want from a 5 DVD.

Take it steady and make it "ninja time!" every day :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014