5.0 out of 5 stars Size isn't everything.
Published on 30 Oct 2008 by Mr. Ap Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect
Published on 29 Jan 2009 by Benjamin Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Size isn't everything., 30 Oct 2008
Mr. Ap Thompson (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
Fast delivery from Amazon (as usual) I bought these for under £15 and was not expecting to much, wrong, best £15 spent in a long while, nice "smooth" sound and plenty of volume plus a "bass box" made these speakers very pleasing on the ear. If your in doubt like I was, give them a go, you won't be disappointed, small in size but don't let that fool you, they ARE up for the job, even a desktop remote(complete with headphone jack) that operates the volume of these super little speakers,
Thank-You Amazon,
Mr A Thompson.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
Very adequate sound both in power and quality for music and gaming. Bass is acceptable - as I play bass guitar I need to be able to hear the bass in music clearly to work out tunes and this product doesn't disappoint in that department. Note though that the bass control is on the main unit, not on the remote control which may have been handier.

The remote control has;
- 3.5mm jack sockets for mic and headphones,
-an "on" LED
-a master volume control (the knob of which seems to be ill-fitting and flimsy, but that may just be on my particular unit)
-a mute switch (this was in the muted position when delivered, and as this disables the "on" LED and there is no light on the main unit it took me a while to realise that the system actually worked.)

Generally speaking a very tidy, well built and good looking product, good value for money in my opinion (certainly compared with the junk it was bought to replace!).

What they don't tell you in the ad;
Mains cable length - 1 metre
speaker cables - 1.76 metres (both connect to the main unit through a single 3.5mm jack)
Cable from main unit to remote control - 1.68 metres
PC input/output cable from remote control(not shown in ad photo) - 1.65 metres

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Mighty!, 2 July 2008
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
I bought these speakers looking for a low cost solution to listening to my Creative MP3 player, after buying and subsequently returning a similarly priced set of speakers from Argos I decided to do a little research and found the reviews you see on this page were being highly complementary about this system so thought i'd give them a go.
Without going too over the top and waxing too lyrically as I think some of the other reviewers have, the sound quality is very good, they look very good and the price is very good.

These really are great little speakers and I would endorse anyone with similar requirements as myself to get a set, they almost blow the old adage of 'you get what you pay for' out of the water!

It's a fact that they aren't as good as more expensive systems but then again they're not supposed to be (they're only £15 for goodness sake!) but I would suggest though that you'd have to be spending well upwards of £50 to make the extra money worth the difference you'll hear.

I'm very pleased and impressed with my purchase and the satellite volume control is also a lovely touch and makes usability so much easier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 29 Jan 2009
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
I Bought these for my old acer laptop to boost the sound and on first impressions they do look prety good and they're even smaller than Idv'e of expected, the sub is small enough to fit undernieth my small desk and creates enough bass for my room and even competes with my yamaha 30Watt sub to an extent, although that said they arent the clearest speakers around so some small e.q tweaks would be advisable, that said though they arent exacly muffled and give quite a nice rounded sound (Not Tinny).

My only real gripes are the fact that the headphone out dos'nt amplify my headphones ( somthing almost all pc speakers do by default)and volume control for head/earphones still needs to be adjusted through the laptop (which outputs only enough power for small earphones, making my big headphones redundant. Also the transformer in the sub is loud when not in use (not a problem if you turn off the mains though, so no worrys for greenies).

Overall good solid sound in a tiny package and for the price you can't really go wrong, but steer clear if you are looking to use them to help power Big headphones and or use as a pre-amp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!!!, 30 Dec 2008
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
Wow absolutely amazing speakers!! i remember when i came to choosing speakers, i wanted logitech ones and having looked at some of the slightly expensive ones and the cheaper ones, this one seemed to have the better reviews, therefore i thought id buy the cheaper ones since the ones on my laptop are fine so i only need ones to be slightly better. Once i received them, it took only a minute or two to connect them to my laptop. the base is a perfect size not too big or too small, its more oblong size which is ideal for my desk. i turned up the base slightly and put on some music, wow its as though im having a disco in my bedroom, its amazing!!! that wasnt even on full blast!! perfect for dancing and singing to my favourite tunes. and perfect for watching tv online- infact its better than the sound from the tv in my room! the speakers produce some kind of surround sound its amazing value!! highly recommended, and shiny black speakers they look amazing too! definitely buy these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and great value, 25 April 2008
Paul Toussaert-Gray (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
I just bought these speakers for the hell of it really. I had these pretty awful speakers for a few months on my computer and i never got round to changing them; until i saw these speakers and especially their price-tag: under 7 quid!!!
I thought, well, i have to try these. And I was(am) not disappointed(and i really like my music), the bass is as good as you can get in frequency range and sound quality for anything below 25 pounds, and the satellites are crystal clear and can work independently and without external power if you just plug them into an MP3 player or walkman. The volume of the whole system is quite astounding given its size (can fuel a decent night of 20+ people in a good sized living room). Another plus is the size of the set. Two very small stylish satellites and a sub-woofer a third of the size of any other sub-woofer I've ever seen. Basically, if you're looking to spend less than 15 pounds on some very decent computer/MP3 player speakers to be delivered to your door, this is the item you need.

10/10 definitely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing but could be Improved, 13 Feb 2009
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
I bought these speakers a few months ago and their still going strong.
They are extremely powerful, so powerful I'm scared to turn it up to the max, I usually turn the knob to just about the ON switch, its as clear as clean water and the Bass is pretty super, sending vibrations all through the floor.

But their are some points that should be acknowledged.

The speakers do emit a very low humming sound which is almost inaudible when other things are turned on, but I can just about hear it at night, and the only way to stop it is to plug it out, which can be a nuisance plugging in and out.

Another thing (keep in mind, this may just be for me), is that sometimes the bass can go off if the audio cable at the back of the speaker is not plugged in proper, but that can be fixed by just pushing in more ore fiddling.

I'd give it 8½/10 because the speakers are great, they look great, some of the best I've seen, but they do have little things that may not be annoying for some but may be tedious for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value!, 30 Jan 2009
Daniel Wood (Luton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
Sure these aren't the best speakers available. Don't expect high quality home cinema from it... even if you're a seasoned value buyer. But for the price, I find it very hard to knock these.

With me, they don't distort as easily as some have said. The bass is good for moderate gaming, listening to music, watching videos, almost anything you'll need them to do. The sound quality is pretty decent.

Ok there are a few minor cons. The volume cap is a bit loose, it seems to slowly wiggle off while using it. There is no woofer switch, but I'm not so lazy as to not reach behind it and turn it down anyway.

All in all, a very good investment and terrific bang for its buck. I paid just under £15 for them so please consider this with any possible price hikes etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Buy, 15 Aug 2008
A. D. Denton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
Very good sound quality and amazing finish (piano gloss black to match my monitors) at an great price. Wouldn't look anywhere else. If there has to be any critisism, the on/off switch is a bit fiddly and a blob of Blutack is needed to stop volume control drifting about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Depending on your use, an all-round good piece of kit, 1 Nov 2009
Ash Rahman (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black (Accessory)
If you want speakers that'll bring the house-down and make a dog poo from 10 miles away, this isn't it. However, considering the price, the value for money is astounding. It's basically good for casual PC/MP3 use. It can go pretty loud which is great. Loud enough for a room at a decent party anyway. I almost never turn it up to full volume, however, be aware if you do, you will get distortion. The bass is pretty good, and the clarity is beyond my expectations. Would have been 5star if it were louder and didn't distort on full-crank, but other than that a brilliant set of speakers, especially considering the price.

Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black