5.0 out of 5 stars Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set
Absolutely Brilliant!

Removed highly corroded exhaust clamp nuts that had been on for 5 years.
The nuts were rusted away so an ordinary flank drive socket would not grip.
Sprayed the nuts with Wurth "Rost Off Ice" spray (Also a brilliant product!) and just unscrewed the nuts.
Couldn't believe it. Superb product!
Published on 4 Sep 2009 by Mr. P. J. Roderick

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless
Brought these to undo a couple of rounded of bolts on my daughters car and the achieved the square root of nothing . No grip at all and spit one of them save your money go to a mechanic or get one to come to you
Published 12 months ago by Sistaffs

4.0 out of 5 stars Use it early !!, 2 Jun 2010
R. D. Fudge - See all my reviews
This review is from: Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set (DIY & Tools)
If you wait until the Bolt head is completely rounded off these bolt removers are a not very good.

But if you realise that the head is beginning to lose its edges, then you must use the bolt remover then before it is too late.

Then replace the bolt don't try to use the same one again ok.

Work fine if used early enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set, 4 Sep 2009
Mr. P. J. Roderick "PJRAAGS" (Brackley, England, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Absolutely Brilliant!

Removed highly corroded exhaust clamp nuts that had been on for 5 years.
The nuts were rusted away so an ordinary flank drive socket would not grip.
Couldn't believe it. Superb product!

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quaility Item That Worked Well, 27 April 2009
Steve K (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set (DIY & Tools)
There I am with 2 bold heads rounded off on a starter motor, with limited access to the heads. My local motor factors sold me a Draper tool which is supposed to do the job, but these didn't get anywhere near the heads. Trying these Irwin tools was just like using a normal socket, just undo the bold as normal. Once the bolt is out you might need a vice to hold the old bolt so you can reverse the ratchet to release the bolt from the socket.

I would highly recommend these sockets to any hobbiest, or professional mechanic.

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelievable bit of kit, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set (DIY & Tools)
The sump plug on my van must have been tightened up by popeye and having butchered the bolt head to pieces trying to remove it I was just at the point of taking it to the garage to have the sump plug drilled out. Bought this as the last throw of the dice but really didn't think there was enough of the head left for it to grip - 10 seconds later it was done and it had more than paid for itself. The most remarkable bit of kit I've ever used - buy it now

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful when they fit, 5 Sep 2009
Damian Kerr "damian" (manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set (DIY & Tools)
we all know the problem, rusted bolt heads, sockets slip, mole grips turn them to dust and round them off and the only answer is force with drilling out, grinding off or hammer and chisel amongst other frustrating methods.
These work really well when they fit and I'm glad they're in my tool box. I can recommend them 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irwin bolt grip, 1 July 2009
Robert Ashton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set (DIY & Tools)
After struggling for two days trying to undo a bolt, soaking it in penetrating oil and taking a hammer and chisel to it with no result whatsoever, I purchased this item and using the 19mm along with a breaker bar the bolt came loose straight away as if it was only finger tight, Very impressed with this tool. Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost to good to be true, but it IS true!, 29 April 2011
This review is from: Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set (DIY & Tools)
Very very strongly recommended.

I'm in the process of restoring an older motorcycle, and I knew that some bolts would be rusted beyond any hope of easy removal, even after prolonged treatment with rustloosener.

Specifically the exhaust manifold was joined to the cylinder with hexsocket bolts, and the inner hexagonal was rusted away.

To make things worse, the bolts was located in a recession in the cooling fins making it impossible to get at the heads with a visegrip or similar. At this point my only option would be to drill out the head and remove the rest with a screw extractor of the reverse threading type.

With nothing to loose I ordered the set and amazingly the bolts were removed with no fuss. To remove the bolt from the extraction socket was not just a case of turning reverse, the socket really had bitten deep into the bolthead. I had to use a hammer to gently knock ud the rusted bolt from the extractor.

One of the bolts were so damaged that I simply turned the head off the bolt. Fortunately I could remove the exhaust manifold and expose the threaded part about a centimeter from the cylinder. I then took a smaller extractor socket and removed that without any fuss.

This is really a miraculous tool, it's hopefully not a tool you're going to use often, but when you do, it is indispensable

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 25 Oct 2009
This review is from: Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set (DIY & Tools)
I had a locking wheel bolt that I had no key for. When I got a flat tyre I needed to unscrew the locking bolt and this tool did an awesome job. Also the quality is just superb. After smashing it with a hammer onto a locking bolt and than using a wrench to unscrew it this piece of hardware wasn't even scratched. Initially I thought it will be a one time tool only. But it wasn't

Absolutely stunning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Stuff, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set (DIY & Tools)
I was chuffed to find these on Amazon, I had a ptoblem with a van and had to get some severley damged 13mm bolts out of an Aluminium lower wishbone on the front suspension. The bolts were totaly ruined by a previous owner who had attempted to repair the anti roll bar outer bushes and looked like he used his teeth!

I looked at garage suppliers and could only find pro tools at 70 ~ 100 a set. These by comparison were a bargain. I like the fact that you can use a ratchet with or without a socket, or spanner to drive them. This means you can start the job with the spanner which allows you to get up close and personal with the offending bolt or nut, you stay in line with the head of the damaged item so get good level drive onto the nut.

Once on and the spiral cut teeth dig in, the bolt moves as it should. Once on the move I swapped to the ratchet and was able in every instance to remove the chewed bolts with ease.

The Grip nut removers are very well made, and infuse confidence in the user that they are more than capable of doing the job asked.

I showed the tools to my regular mechanic and he convinced me to sell them to him, he was so impressed and has already used them at his business and confirms that they are indeed a quality item.

I am not without a set of my own as I came home and ordered a second set - a good addition to your tool kit. Save lots of time and bruised knuckles when you get those problem nuts and bolts.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 31 Aug 2009
V. While (England) - See all my reviews
Definately worth the money. Saved lots of time, effort and money in the long-run.