4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable quality CD player.
Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by FJ Richie

3.0 out of 5 stars cd player
the unit works well when i can get it to switch on have to unplug from the mains and then plug it in again to get the unit to work sometimes if i could get a unit that switches on all the time i would have rated it higher.
Published 16 months ago by Lloydy

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable quality CD player., 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: TEAC CD-P1260 CD Player (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Purchased this player after reading various reviews, 95% of which were positive. I needed a player that would also run some 'difficult' discs that I had (they would not run on any other machine or computer I tried, due to poor quality copying). The Teac P1260 ran them perfectly. Overall, the operation is good and the sound quality excellent, for what is a unit from the lower end of the gendre. Well pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value CD player., 13 Sept. 2012
I bought this Teac CD-1260 CD player to replace a player I purchased back in the day when CDs first came out. This is a much better player than my old one and plays damaged CDs that my old one would not. Also the sound quality is better, They've learned a thing or two about making CD players in the last 20 odd years. The features are basic but fine for a player of this price, it also comes with a handy remote. I'm enjoying my old CDs more because they sound so much better on this machine. There is no need to spend a fortune to get a good sound, this one'll do it.

It was dispatched promptly too, it arrived a day or two after placing my order. Can't fault the service or product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, 11 Dec. 2012
Mr. I. Ward (Coulter, South Lanarkshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Bought this from didielectronics on sunday night arrived 5pm tuesday to the wilds of scotland, well done! The cd player itself is very good indeed considering how much i paid. It was described as refurbished but to me it seemed brand new with not a blemish and packed in its own box with cellaphane intact!
Wasn't expecting too much from this player, hoping it was better than the bd player i was using for cd duties.Well all i can say is i was blown away by the quality, the soundstage is way wide the bass is deep but controlled and the treble smooth and detailed! I can't keep the grin off my face as i play disc after disc it's just so much better than what i was used to and at such a reasonable price too!
CD as a media is probably on it's last legs but i'm more than happy with players like this when the quality is so good they really have sussed how to get the most from the format.
Please note that this model doesn't have an optical or coaxial digital output for those wanting to connect to dac's or digital recorders.

5.0 out of 5 stars FirstClass, 6 May 2012
I bought this as a replacement for a first generation CD player, (a British make), which although working perfectly, was twenty years old.
This TEAC is a bit of a revelation about just how far electronics have come in that time.
There is far greater clarity and I hear instruments I never knew were there. I also get a much wider stereo separation.
All in all, I am very pleased with my CD player.
Excellent service from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 30 Aug. 2010
My CD Payer was over 10 years old and i needed a replacement. I did a lot of research to decide what i wanted. Having looked at what was on the market i setteled for this. The most attractive feature is the capability to play MP3s. Shame it does not have CD text facilities however it is still a good product and i'll recommend it giving the price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars CDP 1260, 31 July 2008
Stewart Hartley (London UK) - See all my reviews
I purchaed this item from popcorn. The illustration is of the older model. The one I got was the latest model and does all I expect. It is great on homemade discs and on MP3 formated discs. It has played the difficult discs other CD players can't read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Teac CD-1260, 3 April 2013
I have had the Teac CD-P1260 CD player around 2 weeks. So far have been very happy with it, Im running it on an Onkyo receiver and the sound is very very good. i replaced the crap connecting cable that came with the Cd player for a better quality Profigold one this improved the sound output significantly. For just over 1 hundred pounds this is not a bad player, certainly sounds good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly accomplished player, 25 Oct. 2014
The Doc "discdoc" (Hove) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have a very revealing system with Arcam pre-power amps and floor standing AE speakers. I needed to replace my CD player which died, but of course CD players are no longer so common, and I thought I had nothing to lose by trying a Teac in view of the very good reviews here and elsewhere. Well here are my thoughts. 1. The case is pretty sturdy and very conventional with a cheap but adequate CD drawer and display. 2. The remote is low on functions and does not have a power button but you can access tracks directly from it. There is no digital volume control. 3. The sound is melodic and highly detailed. It is a very musical machine. On the whole it is sweet sounding but if you have a badly recorded CD, or one with compressed sound, you will know all about it! Overall the TEAC is similar to the best sound of 15 years ago for a fraction the the price, and it may be unnecessary to buy anything better, because although you will notice improvements in the build quality, aesthetics, and the remote functions, this is unlikely to add anything to the enjoyment of the music. Also the more expensive machines have USB ports if you are using MP3s. To really spoil everything, and hard though it may be to stomach, double blind listening trials do not show statistically significant differences in sound quality between the cheapest and most expensive CD players in most machines made after 1990! There is no distortion and no noise, and all DACs and op-amps give a similar sound, except apparently to reviewers and marketing people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and playback, 16 Dec. 2012
Mr. Kenneth Bostwick "k" (chamborand, france) - See all my reviews
My old CD player packed in. I used to think that it gave good play back, but the TEAC beats it. Good sound quality - my music has been given a new life. I hear instruments that I never knew were there. Very good value and I highly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars A good one, 21 May 2010
Brian Arnold (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
There are few stand-alone CD players available now, so it was good to find this one. It does all that can be asked of it. It is easy to install, and straightforward to use. The reproduction quality is very good, and it has a facility I have not seen before. The remote control has a button called Intro Check, which plays the first 10 seconds of every track in order. When you find the one you want, just press Play. It may sound like a gimmick but it is surprising;ly useful. Everything else is there, including Shuffle, Search etc. - and the price is right!. Recommended.