5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, stunning price
Published on 26 Jun 2008 by David P

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it really worth it?
I tested the speed of this card vs a much cheaper Kingston 8gb card and after looking at the results you will wonder if it is worth it at the price. Both the tests below are sequential tests with would be typical of the usage of this card in a digital camera.

The first test was done with an Integral Card Reader.

Read 16...
Published on 29 May 2009 by mirko

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, stunning price, 26 Jun 2008
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDX-004G-X46 4 GB Extreme 20 MB/s Class 10 HD Video SDHC Memory Card (Personal Computers)
You just can't go wrong at this price. It is amazing how a fast memory card transforms a camera - it really does make a huge difference. Already had a 2gb version of this in our previous camera, this new 4gb has just gone in our new TZ5 and it is possible to set the camera in infinite burst mode, hold down the button, and it just goes on forever taking a picture about every 0.5 - 0.75 seconds, it never slows down. Amazing speed from this card. It does indeed come with a dinky little USB reader and a carrying pouch and a CD with recovery software. Don't hesitate, just buy it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great card to have, 6 Nov 2008
Mr. Ian Rogerson "Play Online" (scotlandplay online) - See all my reviews
First off this card is very good . it's fast , reliability is sound and it's good value . if you buy one you will not be disapointed . Second: If you want the USB reader and a CD with recovery software make sure you check the listing fully . I thought thats what i had ordered but i only got the card . there is one with the USB reader and recovery software with it and you will find it here " Sandisk 4gb Extreme 3 SDHC Card in retail packaging " . It was my own fault for not reading the listing carefully !!! . This was still a good buy at £13.84 and it gets 5 STARS ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic memory card, 1 Sep 2008
The best price vs speed memory card that is currently on the market.

BUT!!

Be sure that your device will take SDHC SD cards, before buying it...!!

I've got mine in a Canon 450d, which works wonderfully with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Extreme III SDHC 4GB 30Mb/s Card is Actually 20Mb/s x133!, 21 May 2009
My SanDisk Extreme III SDHC 4GB Card was ordered through base.com. Its delivery was prompt and the item arrived in brand new boxed condition but i had to return it because it was a 20Mb/s x133 sdhc card and not the 30Mb/s card i thought i had ordered. Please be aware that the links leadind to this item on Amazon will show the 30Mb/s version but once the list of suppliers is provided for a choice of purchase to be made to shopping baskets the actual item pictured is the 20Mb/s x133 version and that is what will be supplied. SO CAREFULLY CHECK FINAL ITEM PICTURES AND SPECIFICATIONS SHOWN BEFORE COMMITTING THEM TO SHOPPING BASKETS!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, quick, good value, 15 Nov 2007
J. L. Gerretsen (North East, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent transfer speed for it's class and good value at the price. I take wedding photo's (hence a need for quality and reliability!) with Sandisk cards and cannot praise them enough. Havne't lost any data or had any problems in over 40,000 frames.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last minute purchase, 24 Jun 2008
I bought this as a sort of after thought--along with some other items I needed. Great value, great performance, and integrates well. If you haven't tried the Sandisk Extreme III SD 4GB Card, the you don't know what you're missing. Why get just one? This is one of the few products that I've actually recommended to my friends. You can't go wrong for the price and size of this little baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, 24 Oct 2008
E. Harris (UK) - See all my reviews
Super Fast memory, quicker than the digital cameras internal (Samsung NV20). Performs very well and for the price an absoloute steal! No problems.

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it really worth it?, 29 May 2009
mirko (London, UK) - See all my reviews

The first test was done with an Integral Card Reader.

Read 16 mb/s
Write 7.2 mb/s

4gb Sandisk Extreme III
Read 16.3 mb/s
Write 13.7 mb/s

The second test was doing using the benchmark function of CHDK on a Canon Powershot SX110 IS.

Read 7.3 mb/s
Write 6.1 mb/s

4gb Sandisk Extreme III
Read 9.3 mb/s
Write 7.8 mb/s

Personally I don't think the price premium is worth it but if you need this for professional usage then perhaps it will be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing stock situation, 4 Feb 2009
I bought two of these cards from Amazon direct a couple of weeks ago and got the excellent 30MB/s version with no card reader etc which is exactly what I was hoping for, and as per the other reviews.

I purchased an additional card direct from Amazon this week and received the older 133x version but with the card reader, recovery software and little carrying bag, but the card looks different to all of the pictures shown.

It is clear that the under-pinning stock for this item could be anything - you pay your money and takes your chances I guess. Overall I'm still happy, but if you're expecting the 30MB/s version, it clearly isn't guaranteed.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Extreme III SDHC 4GB Card Recommended, 3 April 2009
Elaine Fairweather (UK) - See all my reviews
I had been very happy using Sandisk Extreme III 2GB SD cards in my camera. When I upgraded my camera to the Panasonic FZ28 recently and needed more on-board memory it was natural for me to choose SanDisk's Extreme III 4GB SDHC card.

As expected, the card works speedily and efficiently in the camera. When I inserted it into the SanDisk card reader I had bought with the earlier 2GB SD cards, it also worked perfectly well in that too. I am able to upload my images into the computer at a very nifty transfer speed.

In a way I have been spoilt with SanDisk memory cards. I cannot compare them with anything else because I haven't used any other high performance card. All I can say is that I haven't had a single problem and cannot find any fault with them. I couldn't wish for anything better in the Extreme III SDHC 4GB.