5.0 out of 5 stars beauty at 170bpm

Ok
Published 1 month ago by Andrew Ashton

5.0 out of 5 stars beauty at 170bpm, 1 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
I've heard many a deep rollin' drum and bass mix album but this is the first time I've ever listened to such well thought out, beautifully mixed, journey through 170bpm sound. Songs flow into each other effortlessly, using melodic mixing that shows up most other DJs. The mix drifts through many different styles effortlessly: Deep & rollin' with thoughtful lyrics, driving techy basslines, dark dub, massive wobbly basslines (Perez & Lynx coming up trumps with Allegiance), inspired percussion (Pacific Heights has the best percussion production I've ever heard) and flowing liquid. At the end, one must take a moment to reflect on the journey you've taken. The dreamy strings of "solitary native" create an ending with a nostalgic feeling similar to something Nightmares On Wax would create, but in drum and bass form.
This is the most beautiful album I own: spread the love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolling Drum & Bass, 24 Mar. 2008
R. Mullaney (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
I've never really 'got' drum & bass. I always tried to nod my head or dance along to the kick drum like I would with house or techno but the tempo was too high making me feel like one of those idiots on adverts for Bonkers albums. I still wanted to have a listen to what Marcus Intalex had come up with so I had a listen in my car one day and suddenly 'got' it. Instead of concentrating on the kick I felt the flow of the rolling basslines and rhythm of the percussion. Intalex weaves a hypnotic groove through soulful drum & bass, effortlessly blending harmonies (actually I don't know if it was effortless or not it just sounds as if it was) and piano laden tracks with tougher tech cuts. The mix takes the energy up and down masterfully and instead of flicking through looking for tracks that I liked like I often end up doing, I just enjoyed the whole thing as a listening experience from beginning to end. I'm gonna check out some more drum & bass as a result of my epiphany but for now I'll just recommend this to dance fans in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow...I had no idea it would be this good!, 18 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
I bought this for £7 from my local record shop fopp, I had a spare tenner and was desperate for some new music preferably drum n bass. I decided to try it out because I knew if I did'nt like it I'd get a refund, when I heard it it totally exceeded my expectations. Ever single track is a floor filler and the way it's mixed is pretty cool. It features many great artists that have shined in the history of the scene like Jonny L and in recent years Calibre. I usually download music nowadays. But I'm so glad I bought this and would recommend it to anyone who is searching for some good quality seriously mixed dnb. Buy a copy even though it's £7 still buy it, trust me..you will not be dissapointed. It could be your favourite drum n bass album of 2007.

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth indeed, 8 May 2009
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
great stuff, clean sound, nice beats. #7 is great. the pacing is great, it builds well and has a nice sound. i am more of a fan of the classic breaks than the "dum-da-dum-da-dum-da" new beat, but he keeps it interesting, and the melodies are interesting enough to keep you into it. sounds awesome on headphones as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete gem, 9 Sept. 2008
Mr. M. Bond (Salisbury Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
This mix album is a breath of fresh air. I have stopped listening to alot of drum and bass recently because like the rave scene it has just gotten stupidly hard with a 1000bpm's. But this is really smooth rolling beats full of jazz riffs and jungle melodys. Deep, dark and emotional. Proper liquid drum and bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabrics top release, 3 Aug. 2011
James Basham "panic86" (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
This is by far best release from the whole fabric & fabriclive collections roster.

I mainly listen to punk and hardcore but have always enjoyed drum and bass, but i tend to go in and out of phases where i listen to it frequently. I have recently been in one of those phases where i had kinda lost touch with the drum and bass man in me, but this album has fully re ignited my taste buds and got me hooked again.

Every track on this collection is out of this world and marcus intalex's mixing is pristine. Its easily some of the best, most fluid mixing i have ever heard.

This isn't techy dark DnB, but very chilled, liquid style. You cant help but engage with every tune on here. Some of the fabric releases just become back ground music after a few tracks, but this is too good. I found myself not paying attention to driving in the car when i had it on.

Stand out tracks for me are the Alix Perez and Insta:mental tunes.

Buy this and witness the fitness :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class!, 7 Jun. 2009
N. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
I have been into drum n bass since it began in the early 90's, so I have heard a few mixes in my time.
This mix CD is right up there at the top of the best I have heard. The production of the tracks and the mix of the CD is absolutely awesome.

This is proper top class drum n bass presented by a top class DJ!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 12 April 2011
B. Cotier "MonkeyTennis" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
Highly recommend this. It just gets better and better as the CD progresses and I had the rear windscreen of the car rattling along to the basslines all the way home from work. A previous reviewer described this as liquid DnB which hits the nail firmly on the head.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still sounds fresh in 2013, 1 Jun. 2013
K. Fairweather (Finding my way !) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
Just got some new CDJ's after selling my old ones, won't be doing that again.... Anyway, just brought most of the tracklist, why would'nt you... These tunes are timeless and still sound fresh 5 years on. Good cd !

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it ....... NOW!!!!, 26 Nov. 2007
Mr. Raymond Clydesdale "Konfuzed" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) (Audio CD)
Fabric, in my opinion, always bring out excellent Drum 'n' Bass cd's, mixed by the best DJ's around at the time. Marcus Intalex delivers big time. I'm a fan of all genre's within DNB, ranging from the Good Looking sound to the darker aspects. This mix is a very smooth, but tough at times ride and you won't be disapointed. Great to see Soul Matics 'Self Belief' on here. Can't wait for it to be released on 12". But the track that stands up way higher than all the others put together is Marcus's remix of Commix's 'Faceless'. This is an absolute tune! Worth the price of admission alone.

Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex)
Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex) by Marcus Intalex (Audio CD - 2007)