4.0 out of 5 stars Longridge umbrella
After many years of cheaper umbrellas failing my wife finally agreed to me getting her a slightly more expensive one that is windproof and doesn't turn inside out whenever we get above a breeze. This does the trick and she is very happy with it.
Published on 3 Jan 2010 by Mr. Leslie A. Spencer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised.
COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED.
When the umbrella arrived instead of being completely black it had large white letters spelling out LONGRIDGE twice around the rim. On the Amazon website it is portrayed as a plain black Umbrella. Needless to say I returned the umbrella and requested a refund.
Published on 15 Feb 2011 by Golden Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised., 15 Feb 2011
COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product, 29 Sep 2010
I ordered the Longridge Deluxe Windproof Umbrella on 17 September and was pleased with the very prompt delivery time of 4 days. Yet 8 days later and having used it only once, two of the spokes are now dangerously sticking through the fabric as the plastic caps which hold the spokes in place have fallen off. For a product to fall apart in such a short period is disappointing and denotes shoddy quality for what is described as a deluxe product. Unfortunately, I did not keep the packaging (a plastic bag) or the returns address label as I did not expect the product to let me down so soon.

David S.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 22 May 2011
I was very pleased with the look and feel of this umbrella when it arrived and it appeared to be very sturdy. However, having used it only once in no more than a light shower, the shaft has cracked and will snap completely the next time it is used. I'm outside of the time window for returning it. Don't waste your money on this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Longridge umbrella, 3 Jan 2010
Mr. Leslie A. Spencer (Norfolk) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Even Gentle-Breezeproof, 16 Dec 2009
Gee (Northern England) - See all my reviews
I used this umbrella exactly two times before it broke. Was I in a gale? No, a slight breeze was enough to turn the umbrella inside out and the (plastic)spokes to break. I wanted a refund for this product but Amazon would only replace it after I had returned the original. I dont know if you've ever had to return an item to a mail order company, but it is such a hassle. Was left very dissatisfied with this useless purchase. I should also point out that the colour of the advertised umbrella beared absolutely, resolutely no resemblance to the one that arrived in the post. Not even allowing for colour settings on computer monitors could justify it. They were as different as two shade of green could possibly be.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a wind proof umbrella, 11 Jun 2012
I bought this item last year but only used it for the 2nd time in a golf competition on Saturday. It was wet and blustery but not anywhere near gale force winds otherwise we would not have been playing golf. The umbrella was totally useless, blew inside out and came off the frame. Not what I expect for a quite expensive umbrella. Certainly not a true description of the product and very disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective wind proof umbrella, 22 Jan 2010
D. W. Tassinari "davetass" (Maidstone UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Longridge - Deluxe Windproof Umbrella (Sports)
Wind pressure under this umbrella can escape between the two skins of the canopy making it much more comfortable to use on windy days than a conventional single-skin brolly. Why aren't all umbrellas made this way?

5.0 out of 5 stars Longridge deluxe windproof umbrella, 18 Nov 2009
Mrs. J. Baggaley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Longridge - Deluxe Windproof Umbrella (Sports)
excellent umbrella, very sturdy and has already withstanded several very blustery mornings during the school run which is in an open rural area. I would recommend this umbrella!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solidly Built, 13 Jan 2010
C. Peters "engineer" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Longridge - Deluxe Windproof Umbrella (Sports)
Have used this umbrella a few times now and although it really has not been subjected to any real wind it is a solidly built umbrella. Loads of room beneath the canopy with a long handle and comfortable grip.

1.0 out of 5 stars Longbridge, stormproof umbrella, 26 Dec 2013
I bought this earlier this year, and thought it was good, until it was used in windy weather. It has blown inside out once, but the really annoying thing that is happening all the time now, is that it keeps clicking shut all the time. There is not a button to hold it up, just a little ridge, which I presume may have dented when it was windy and so has stopped it staying up. I've tried holding it up with one hand, but managed to squash my thumb in it when it tried to click down to close. This needs to be addressed and alter the way it stays up, maybe have a click in/out button to hold it up. Needless to say it's not worth the money they charge for it :(

Longridge Deluxe Windproof Umbrellas - Black