on 29 April 2010
i was expecting the worst when i ordered these foam golf balls. but when they arrived i set up a tee in my back garden about 20 feet ( i know not very big ) from
patio door and decided to start off with my 5 wood. the balls fly alot faster than i expected and bouced off the patio door. i must have spent an hour hitting ball after ball and found them going straight and nice and high after " getting into the swing of it" worth the price to hit golf balls in your own garden and not worrying about smashing anything.
on 14 February 2011
I have a dozen of these and a dozen of the plastic ones with holes in them. I spend long periods of work overseas in an area where there is no golf facility whatsoever, and where, in winter, the temperature can drop to below minus 30. So I practice hitting these balls in my apartment off an old piece of carpet.

Being in an apartment, they bounce off the windows, the light fittings, the TV, etc but they are light enough to have caused no damage whatsoever. Of the two types, I would say that these have a more solid feel than the plastic type and are more durable. However, they are definitely noisier, making a distinctive clunking noise when they hit the walls. I have also noticed that, when hit, they seem to always fly with a higher trajectory than the plastic type.

Whilst they are good for practicing the swing and chipping technique, they cannot entirely replicate the feel of a real golf ball, particularly when chipping, because of the lighter weight. After practicing for long periods with these balls, I have found that when I then chip with a real golf ball, I tend not to put enough power into the swing and the ball inevitably ends up short of the target. However, compared with the advantages of being able to practice indoors in inclement weather, that's a minor problem which is soon overcome once I am back on a golf course or driving range.
on 4 October 2010
Bought these for my husband who recently decided to take up golf. He says these are a great way to practice connecting with the ball without risk of damage either to anything indoors, or more importantly to anything belonging to the neighbours outdoors. They have been great for driving and chipping practice. (They have also been excellent for letting our 5 year old son have a go safely!) Recommended for (and by) a golfing newbie.
on 6 June 2016
I enjoy playing golf but find it hard to get any practice in. These were a great buy!!

I've been using them in my garden (not huge) and have been able to use a driver!! Great fun.

You can hit them hard, they won't damage anything. I also used them to do some chipping to get my swing right.
on 6 October 2014
I have tested the same day the plastic, the foam and the callaway ones. The plastic balls are very easily damaged if you hit them with an iron. If you make a topping or hit it in the middle then the ball is practically permanently damaged. First time used and already half of them are damaged. Complete waste of money. These balls are only good to be hit with the driver ONLY.
These foam balls are nice and quite light. Callaway balls have a better feeling and a better weight than the foam ones however I believe that they are quite expensive give the material. In any case I will continue using these foam (because of low cost) and the Callaway balls since the purpose is to practise in my garden and not to cause any damage.
Note: If you use callaway balls for chipping be aware that they fly more than the real balls. These other foam balls are not for chipping.
on 31 December 2010
Excellent product for those who want to practice golf safely in the garden. When hit correctly they go straight, and will fly upwards when using a lofted short iron. When practising with a wedge you make them spin and see the spinning effect on the ball whilst it is in flight. They are durable, safe to use and fun way to practice your golf swing at home. Highly recommended.
on 10 August 2015
Lots of fun to hit as they fly into the air and spin back a bit when they land. Far too easily blown by wind and nothing like the flight of a golf ball. Certainly not any good to learn with unless you're really starting from scratch.
on 1 July 2011
These are really really great - they teach you to set up correctly and hit the ball. When you hit them correctly they fly true - just like a golf ball. They are soft - so no damage or marking to walls. They fly so well that I have lost a couple on the roof - better to be close to a wall. Colour is good - you can find them when you hit them into hedges and bushes.
on 13 September 2013
One of my Irish Setters loves these balls ... He just want's me to 7 iron them up the garden while he attempts to catch them .... His dental bills are a lot less since discovering these soft balls :-)
Get some NOW!
Quinny
on 21 November 2012
These are excellent practise balls for use inside or in the garden. They have a much better feal than the plastic balls