4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's most favorite video as a child !
Published on 22 Mar 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny and quirky
I bought this DVD for my friend's daughter and viewed it first. It was very refreshing to hear the well loved voices of Joss Ackland, Claire Bloom, Roy Kennear and Rik Mayall adding their own personality to the characters. Lots of whacky humour, so adults could watch as well without being too bored.The animation though not slick is charming, and children would still enjoy...
Published 12 months ago by AN

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's most favorite video as a child !, 22 Mar 2000
By A Customer
I live in the United States and I was so happy to have this video for my daughter when she was young--it is a wonderful story with strong, courageous children, both male and female. It doesn't pander with cutesy animals, and despite animation that is not as wonderful as perhaps Disney, offers a story with more depth. We have been searching for a soundtrack tape or CD forever--not available in U.S.unfortunately. But our nanny once spent a whole day transcribing the song that serves as its "refrain" because my daughter wanted to sing it all the time! It's a very pretty melody, with a message--like that of the whole movie--much more respectful of the intelligence of children than most animated movies or their soundtracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as amazing as I remember, 11 Jan 2011
Holliegh Drake "The Fluffy One" (Birtland!) - See all my reviews
This movie is wonderful. I bought it, thinking it would be a let down. I'm not a child anymore, I was about 7-8 years old when I last watched it. I used to make my brother take me the local video shop to rent it...Every weekend. I loved it!
And I have to say that I still do!
It arrived in the post yesterday and straight after work last night...I popped it into my PC and sat here...Completely glued to the screen.
I was worried that after all this time, I'd watch it again to find that it was only amazing because I was a child and now I could see through every I loved to see something terrible...But this wasn't the case at all!

The animation isn't amazing and it's not completely smooth and shiny. It's from the 90's, what do people expect?
I've seen bad reviews for this movie around and people also saying it's terrible when I've asked if they've seen it anywhere to buy but most of those people are younger than me, and I assume it's the same online.
It's a shame if this movie was before your time because now people want special effects and action. This movie is beautiful.
If you're a lover of heart-warming, fun and magical stories, this movie will be right up your street.
I'm 23 soon and the magic still hasn't left me, after all these years. You're never too old for this movie but it's sad to see that you could possibly be too young.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film to keep the kids quiet, 29 Jun 2008
I remember watching this film when i was small and i really enjoyed every minute of it the music was the best for me, some great catchey songs.
So i purchased it and watched it recently i couldnt beleive that i would b glued to my seat and i even remembered the songs.The film is exactly what the title says its about a princess and goblins are trying to kidnap her and a young poor boy realises that by _ _ _ _ he manages to drive the goblins away.
its definetly worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely memorable., 21 Feb 2004
I first saw this film in 1993, when I was 3 years old. We video taped it, but now it's all fuzzy, but I'll never forget the story. I loved this film, the princess Irene is a typical princess locked away in finery, but she isn't the type to stand and wait for someone to believe her. The miners son is also really cool, in a boy-hero way. And, yup, the father/King looks and acts like Santa Claus, the nanny is a loveably spinster and all the guards and mismatched. My favourite animated 90's film of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars low cost,, 25 July 2012
This review is from: The Princess and The Goblin [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
We came across the story originally in a book. When we found out there was a film we bought the dvd. My son enjoyed it, he is four and loves stories about goblins. It is old fashioned but engaging. Great for an English summer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Phoebe's ponderings on "The princess and the Goblin", 15 Nov 2003
Although not the most sophisticated animation, The Princess and the Goblin is a colourful, magical, and delightful children's story.
I wouldn't recomend this video for modern children as it is not up to the standards of today's computerised images they're used to. But if you have memories of it as a child, You will find it charming.
I love it because it is increadibly steriotypical and cliched. A beautiful princess, saved from evil goblins that live in mines, by a hansom young minors son, and a king that looks and dresses like santa, not forgetting the fairy grandmother who lives in the attic! What more could you want if your reliving your childhood!

1.0 out of 5 stars never got it, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Princess and The Goblin [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
i never got this dvd i buy so many at xmas but i do no i never got this disk

5.0 out of 5 stars memories, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Princess and The Goblin [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
My 25 yr old daughter loved this when we had it on video when she was small. Finding this and presenting her with it rekindled those memories for her and us alike. A great, magical little story which all the family can enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites, 10 Aug 2013
Grinny (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Princess and The Goblin [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
This is one of my favorite cartoons as a child. I love this story because of the strong female character (even if she has a boy help her out and a protective father). A curious princess, who isn't afraid of an adventure, and acts bravely to help her father. Definitely one of the only princess stories I'll be sharing with my future kids. The characters are very unique, the songs are lovely, and I still love watching this as an adult. Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Princess and The Goblin [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
have wanted this for ages enjoyed it a lot, arrived well packed and promptly. would recommend this as an excellent choice

ARRAY(0xae1169c8)

The Princess and The Goblin [DVD] [2007]
The Princess and The Goblin [DVD] [2007] by Joss Ackland (DVD - 2007)
14.99