5.0 out of 5 stars practical.. straight to the point.. points, 24 Jan. 2013
I ordered almost every book on the web, and my feeling was "interesting" but my problems are different, my concerns are different, my case is different.. They were either too Christian in the sense I had to count on outside force and feel helpless even more, or too much psycological approach which meant I had to become a psycologist before a stepmom.. Just added more burden and made me feel more overwhelmed and worried!
I kept this book last as I was worried it's too career oriented.. Like the luxury book to have and not about essentials.. To my surprised I can't drop this book, it's for everyone, whatever job u have or don't have, it's easy to read, actually it's fun to read..u'd find urself taking notes.. I'm not doing the "homeworks" suggested..still it's precious book even when u don't do it! I want to admit, it's my first review I place on Amazon even though I buy an average of 10 books a month, it is so helpful that I wanted to share my experience, first thing I did while reading the book is looking for other books of this author!! I suggest if u didn't buy other books about stepparenting start with this one!if u have otherones, read this one!the author is positive writer but also realistic and put things in their own real place for u to learn from!
Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives a great insight into the kinds of issues, 8 Jan. 2015
Gives a great insight into the kinds of issues, deals with those niggly concerns re finances, jealousy etc and offers practical tips and advice on how best to manage situations. The author doesn't talk down at you, rather, offers friendly advice and often uses her own personal experience aswell as those of others to show that there really are so many options but that we should strive to find a win win situation for all. A great intro into step-motherhood and a book that I consider to be one for keeps, as a reference point for those difficult moments later down the line. Highly recommended read if you are embarking on a marriage where children exist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book offering compassionate and practical advice for women taking ..., 7 Jan. 2015
Great book offering compassionate and practical advice for women taking on a stepmother role without children of their own. Particularly helpful were the regular reminders of how the children in stepfamilies must be feeling and that laughter is a coping strategy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A stepmother's bible, 29 April 2015
A really good book for those of us who have been used to being independent then find themselves facing all the challenges that stepmotherhood poses

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 22 Dec. 2011
Good book. Happy to have bought. Really helpful and easy to relate to, helping in different areas. Loads of examples.

A Career Girl's Guide to Becoming a Stepmom