5.0 out of 5 stars practical.. straight to the point.. points, 24 Jan 2013
I ordered almost every book on the web, and my feeling was "interesting" but my problems are different, my concerns are different, my case is different.. They were either too Christian in the sense I had to count on outside force and feel helpless even more, or too much psycological approach which meant I had to become a psycologist before a stepmom.. Just added more burden and made me feel more overwhelmed and worried!
I kept this book last as I was worried it's too career oriented.. Like the luxury book to have and not about essentials.. To my surprised I can't drop this book, it's for everyone, whatever job u have or don't have, it's easy to read, actually it's fun to read..u'd find urself taking notes.. I'm not doing the "homeworks" suggested..still it's precious book even when u don't do it! I want to admit, it's my first review I place on Amazon even though I buy an average of 10 books a month, it is so helpful that I wanted to share my experience, first thing I did while reading the book is looking for other books of this author!! I suggest if u didn't buy other books about stepparenting start with this one!if u have otherones, read this one!the author is positive writer but also realistic and put things in their own real place for u to learn from!
Good luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 22 Dec 2011
Good book. Happy to have bought. Really helpful and easy to relate to, helping in different areas. Loads of examples.

A Career Girl's Guide to Becoming a Stepmom