4.0 out of 5 stars 3/4 season XL sleeping bag
We just bought this sleeping bag for my wife who gets a bit chilly at night in the tent and found our 2 season double bag too cold for the spring camping. It is ideal for 3/4 season (early spring through late autumn).

The plus points: its well made; its a good brand; its very big 235cm long and 90cm wide so ideal if you find mummy bags too restricting; its very...
Published on 2 Jun. 2009 by AllYouNeedIsNow

3.0 out of 5 stars If your going out hiking I advice against getting this sleeping bag
Firstly it must be said that there are roughly two types of sleeping bags the "family" and the "lightweight" kind, this sleeping bag is the "family" type and is not ideal for hiking. I am mentioning this so that others do not make the same mistake that I did and and buy a family type for a hiking trip. This sleeping bag is huge and while the carry bag itself has straps...
Published on 25 April 2011 by linz2d

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So warm and comfortable. A Rolls Royce of sleeping bags, 28 July 2008
This sleeping bag is absolutely brilliant in every way, it is so comfortable and cosy. I have found this one to be the best I have ever purchased. In the past I have not been the most enthusiastic camper mainly as I haven't managed to get a good nights sleep up until now. I would highly recommend this sleeping bag to everyone looking for a Rolls Royce of a sleeping bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars extremely warm, 1 Sept. 2008
Mrs. C. Purdy "purdypants" (suffolk, uk) - See all my reviews
i have just got back from a camping trip and this sleeping bag was lovely and warm. the weather was not the best in the peak district but this did not dampen my spirits. i am always freezing cold when camping but not with this beauty, i would recommend this to anyone and there was plenty of room. my border terrier found it comfy to sleep on top of aswell!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sleeping bag, ever!, 15 Aug. 2011
Mrs. V. L. Speiser "SpeisBear" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coleman Hudson Sleeping Bag (Sports)
My husband and I camp fairly regularly and had been using the mummy style sleeping bags for a few years. After being fed up with being unable to spread my legs or move comfortably when sleeping I decided it was time to buy an old school rectangular sleeping bag.

We each ordered the Coleman Hudson 450 for a week long camping trip in the Scottish Highlands in July 2011. Even though the weather was fantastic (nice and sunny during the day) it did get quite chilly at night (around 4 to 6 degrees C). The Coleman Hudson 450 excelled at providing the right amount of warmth, extreme comfort and manoeuverability.

After waking up on the first morning my husband and I looked at each other and said, "That was the best camping night's sleep!" We woke up feeling completely refreshed, not sore or achy and actually slept until 10.00am which was unheard of in our previous camping trips.

We wholeheartedly recommend this sleeping bag as it is incredibly comfortable on top of a very firm air mattress. We think that it would be warm enough to use in colder temperatures yet not too warm to use during the summer. When we returned home we were actually sad that we were unable to sleep outside anymore as we slept absolutley fantastic with the sleeping bag and air mattress.

Another added bonus: I am 6'0" and my husband is 6'6" and we had loads of room left over as this sleeping bag is very long. It also has a very handy pocket on the inside toward the opening, in which you can store your wallet or other important items in case you are worried about leaving them exposed in the tent. We can't wait to go camping again just so we can use the sleeping bags! Please be advised that this sleeping bag is 2.2kg and is quite bulky, so you should only buy it if you have a car or caravan to transport it, or if you are only walking a short distance with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lurvly, 19 Jun. 2008
C. Powley "Chezlestik" (Isle of Man, UK) - See all my reviews
I dont camp often, so i can't pretend to know anything about sleeping bags, but i bought this item for a festival recently and loved it.
Material is nice and soft and the curved 'pillow bit' is a nice feature. Also, both me and my boyfriend are on the larger side, and there was plenty of room in the bag.
I left most items i bought for camping at the festival, knowing i wont use them again, but this came home with me...really good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Worth it!, 27 April 2009
V. Beason - See all my reviews
I purchased this sleeping bag for a family camping trip. The material on the inside is very soft and comforting. I was worried about being cold whilst camping but this sleeping bag kept us very warm even on a really cold night. It is quite spacious and extremley comfortable to sleep in. In addition to comfort, this sleeping bag was easily transposrted in its case and i was able to fit it back in the bag without much difficulty. This sleeping bag is well worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars good for me not for the wife, 10 April 2011
bought this a few months ago but this weekend was its first outing to a campsite just outside killin. i found this bag really comfy and warm with the temperatures at night at a guess a damp 3 - 5 degrees ( i had a pair of p js on with some socks ) my wife on the other hand was very cold on the first night but on the second night was ok ( i think she had her whole wardrobe on the second night)so it was a bit of a mixed bag but i would recommend it but the other half would probably want it with a heater inside it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good bag if you have transport, don't buy otherwise., 3 Oct. 2013
Amazon Customer (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Coleman Hudson Sleeping Bag (Sports)
At a packed size of 40 x 35 cm and weighing 2.7kg, this obviously isn't meant for backpacking! It is more for people with transport, so please don't make the mistake of buying this thinking you'll be able to fit it in your pack as I would imagine you would be frustrated with its bulk/weight.

Other than that, I got this as my Coleman Hampton 220 wasn't really enough for 3 season camping (though I got around it by taking an extra duvet). Wanting to save space in the car I opted for this and so far it has been excellent.

The bag feels lovely (has a nice soft flannel lining that is much warmer when you first get into it than synthetic lining). The hood closes fully around you and there is buckets of room inside :) I have broad shoulders, but didn't feel at all restricted (despite it being 10cm narrower than my 220), like to pull it up and snuggle the spare around my arms and body.

It keeps me nice and warm (late September on its own, whereas with the 220 I'd have been too cold without extra bedding). It means I can camp comfortably late March-late October (instead of early May-early-Sep) so this in it's own means it is highly recommended! I'll still use the 220 in warmer months, though, as this would be far too warm.

Despite it's size, it's very easy to put away. Simply fold it in half lengthways and roll it tightly up. The carrying bag is made slightly bigger, so it isn't a struggle to get back in, with buckled straps around the side to tighten it nice and (well as much as possible) compact.

All in all I'd recommend this to anyone (like I) looking to extend their camping time into (and out of) the darker months. It won't be enough in very cold temperatures (even in Britain), but it is a very nicely made and warm bag, with lots of room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bag - with fantastic extreme cold rating, 16 Jun. 2012
K. Morrison "karenmorrison4" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coleman Hudson Sleeping Bag (Sports)
A couple of years ago I bought one of these from a camping shop for my husband who hates the restriction of mummy bags around his legs.

Recently, when looking for a 3-season bag for myself, I selected the Coleman Hudson 450, not realising it was the same model as he had. The photograph doesn't really represent the true colour of the bag which is more of a dark blue with maroon colouring and a dusky mid-blue flannel lining.

As other reviewers have said, it is extremely warm, hot in fact, but it's easy to cool off by opening the foot zip or side zip. It is really roomy, plenty of room to shuffle around if you, like me, have never mastered the technique of rolling in a mummy-style bag. This also makes it perfect for anyone, who like me, is also a front sleeper.

Good quality zip and substantial zip baffle so it doesn't matter if you roll onto the zip and just a lovely roomy feeling with none of the restruction at shoulders, thighs and knees that you get with a non-rectangular bag.

The bag is well constructed with high lofted filling which is substantial and evenly spread, held in place with good quality stitching.

Little pocket built into the lining towards the top of the bag where small valuables could be stored

The bag it comes in is really for travel protection only and can't really be said to be a compression sack although it does allow you to reduce the bulk of the bag a little in one direction. Several reviewers have commented on the bulky size of the rolled bag but this could almost certainly be improved with the purchase of a proper compression stuff sack.

It's bulk does also mean that you do need additional hanging space for storing it unrolled when not in use - we've long since given up on a large wardrobe where various sleeping bags, dry and wet suits and rucksacks hang during the winter months.

Great bag, really good value for money and I would have no hestitation in recommending it to anyone who likes their warmth, particularly at either end of the camping season and who is camping with a vehicle to transport the thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping bag, 6 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Coleman Hudson Sleeping Bag (Sports)
Quick to arrive , Good quality and a large size as advertised ,there is room for extra blanket inside if it gets well below zero.

5.0 out of 5 stars SLEEPING BAG by coleman hudson 450 gramms, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Coleman Hudson Sleeping Bag (Sports)
In a word EXCELLENT.....Made VERY WELL Very strong Zip...none of the flimsy zip quality you find in the high street stores...

THE ZIP STAYS IN PLACE ..So you dont wake up in the morning with the sleeping bag round you ankles like 2 different ones i bought recenty from a well know high street catalogue shop begining with the letter A**** Both were returned, they were a complete waste of money ........THIS SLEEPING BAG IS BRILLIANT....VERY VERY warm Approx 6 foot long including the cowel type top part.....this IS NOT a mummy type sleeping bag.....there is plenty of room in it ...

so far i have slept in it with the temperature as low as MINUS 5 and it was great....TOP MARKS for Coleman Hudson ..there is a pocket with velcro fastner inside the top to put keys etc if needed.....the bottom part has a seperate zip..so you can open it if you want if you get too hot...it can also be zipped to another bag to create a double if needed...the inner lining is cotton and very soft too...the outer is the waterproof type covering....BUT it doesnt slide all over the place...

.I Think you will be hard pushed to find a better quality and one as warm as this for the money..It may not be as light as some makes so might not be the best for a rucksack holiday.....BUT with 450 gramms its not going to be light weight...This sleeping bag Should last for years, ITS Certainly the best one i have ever bought...

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›