1,107 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried...
Published 3 months ago by PPS076

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, but
Published 28 days ago by John Macklin

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 3 Aug 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Reason for buying:

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop (30.4g) of powder into 350ml of water, I found that it did not taste as nice as I expected. It tasted slightly artificial and watery. However I found that I got to like the taste a lot more as time went by and I did not get sick of it by the end like I did with many other protein powders. If you want to enhance the taste of this product and make it less watery I recommend having it with semi skimmed milk or full fat milk.

Mixing:
I found that the product mixes really well in water, milk, porridge and smoothies. I have not come across a product that mixes any better.

Results:
After taking the product for 2 months, 3 times a day, whilst weight training 4 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week I found that my strength and muscle growth had improvement, I had more energy and I was getting more toned. It was mostly evident around my arms and chest where my T-Shirt got tighter. I could lift 5-10% more and I felt a lot stronger even when I wasn't in the gym. It is now the only Whey Protein powder that I am willing to use.

When to take:
I had 1 scoop for breakfast, Pre training and post training mixed with Dextrose. Having Dextrose at the same time drives the amino acids into the muscles much quicker. If I don't fancy a shake first thing in the morning then I will mix 1 scoop with my porridge or smoothie.

Although all the different flavours taste the same in terms of standard, the chocolate based flavours go better on their own, with dextrose or mixed in porridge whilst the fruity flavours go better either on their own, with Dextrose or with smoothies. All the flavours taste reasonably nice but they will never win any awards for best tasting protein shakes.

Other Whey Products:
Although there are more Whey protein powders out there that taste better, I do not believe that any can match this for results vs price and it's easy to see why the product is so popular with Body Builders and Athletes. The product can also be used by anyone that does not do exercise (male or female) but want to increase their protein intake.

Negatives:
The only negative that I could identify was that the product contains Sucralose which is not the healthiest sweetener around, however you will find that most protein powders have this type of sweetener in them.

Verdict:
Highly Recommended

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review please follow the link below

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Whey Protein Supplement, 28 Nov 2012
I've been making my own protein shakes for a very long time and I never tried this brand although I had always heard good things about it. I finally got me a tub the other day and must say the taste rivals that of muscle milk (for those who have tried muscle milk you know what I'm talking about when I say it tastes like a chocolate milk shake). The reason I rate this protein higher than muscle milk is because the protein to carb and fat ration put muscle milk to shame, and still tastes like excellent which, to me, is pretty impressive.

I drink one shake a day post-workout, add in some trib and DAA, Tribulus Terrestris 90% Bulk Powder 25 Grams + FREE Primaforce D-Aspartic Acid 100 Grams which btw if you're over twenty and lifting heavy, DAA and trib pack on muscle like few other test boosters I've tried. One tip I'll add here, not that it needs it but try adding a drop of vanilla extract (and only a drop) and some ice cubes into the blender and tell me if that isn't the best shake you've ever had after a hard workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy shopper!, 10 Oct 2014
Bazza (tyne &wear) - See all my reviews
I've tried a few different whey products & this is the best by far for price and quality (Isopure zero carb would rate the same if not for its price). So far I've only tried the strawberry flavour, which was a bit under-flavoured, but to be honest that suits me fine, as some other products out there are so over done on the flavouring and taste so fake and sickly.

This stuff is so easy to drink and as I have a bit of a sensitive stomach, I was pleased that this caused me no gastric disturbance or bloating. Mixing is very easy.

I try to get most of my protein form healthy eating but between training days and working long shifts I often struggle to achieve my daily protein needs, so between 1 & 2 of these shakes per day helps me achieve this.

This is excellent value for money on amazon. Beware there are a few cheaper whey products out there, and I've tried a few with very poor results, one of which caused major gastric upset! I suppose from a consumer perspective with ON being such a market giant, I'm more inclined to trust their quality control system. At the end of the day the old saying 'you get what you pay for' applies here. I got a good product for a good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as cheap as you think..., 13 Oct 2014
Ok, I have two sides to the review I'm writing here. One good and one bad.

This protein has helped me increase overall strength and build mass. It mixes well and the double chocolate flavour tastes just like a chocolate milkshake, which by the way I love. Also this is a great drink for a meal replacement and for straight after a heavy workout. (The taste is soo good straight after a workout). It tastes great with water and also tastes great with milk too. I recommend drinking it with milk just before bed as milk takes longer for the body to absorb than water.

There is only one main disadvantage. The price. Now you may think that this is a great price, which by the way it is when I first bought it but, I did my research and I found the 'MyProtein Impact Whey Protein' on myprotein.com and found that it had the same amount of reviews and that it was the UK's #1 Protein Brand. I ordered it and found that it is the same price for 2.5kg, over 1.5kg more than optimum. I also found it has tons more flavours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caramel toffee fudge, 10 Sep 2013
Wasn't sure on that flavour to get in the end went for the caramel toffee fudge first opened it and it dint smell to good but with adding milk really made the difference really glad I went for that flavour now it feels like a bit of a treat having it because it taste that good

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, but, 26 Oct 2014
Great product. It's obviously one of the best around. I can't say I have gained any significant muscle from this, and this brings me to my next important observation. Let's say you are trying to put on muscle. If you aren't eating right, then this would do absolutely nothing for you. I think it's important to realize that this should only be used as a EXTRA protein intake. If you can't afford this, don't worry. Just make sure you buy a lot of good meals, eat a lot, and you will have your protein intake. But if you are eating like a monster and need the extra protein, you can't go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protein as shown by being number 1 for years!!!!, 16 Sep 2014
I had problems with this order through amazon as the package arrived split so protein was all in the packaging, Had to source elsewhere at short notice. Had my money refunded so was resolved appropiately.
After purchasing the protein elsewhere and using it, this is an amazing protein has maximum amount of protein and no additional added extras that are not required. vanilla is is a nice taste and easy to mix with a normal shaker.
Would recommend using this or the MET-RX super whey as that is also an awesome protein!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars incredably sweet! b, 12 Oct 2014
Seems to do the trick.... BUT....
a, incredably sweet!
b, if you suffer from headaches/migraines brought on by coco (chocolate) steer clear of this flavor!
I can only tolerate small amounts or i give myself incredible migraines (sadly!) I did see other reviews mentioning it, but i thought i would be alright.... wrong!

but mixing with another protein powder in smaller amounts. (so this is going to be around with me for a long time!)

Would i buy again? Yes, but will go for another flavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 21 Oct 2014
I've recently started to work out and I've naturally been feeling a little sore afterwards. I thought I'd give this a try and see if it boosts my recovery time. The quick answer is that it does.

Bare in mind this is the first product I've used for this purpose and my first impressions are nothing short of outstanding. I've been able to work out longer and more often.

I use one and a half scoops with half a tablespoon of sugar (I have a really sweet tooth) after every workout and it works a treat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent protein supplement, 5 Sep 2014
I find the double chocolate flavour is fine. OK it is a bit weak tasting but this is a health food supplement, not a McDonald's milkshake. It is nicer with milk than water but of course that adds additional calories and fat.

It does takes a bit of mixing, I would suggest adding it to a drinks bottle and giving it a really good shake for at least 30 seconds. Alternatively it is quite nice mixed into certain foods, like porridge.

This product is an easy way to get plenty of protein without adding loads of calories or having to eat tons of meat.

Optimum Gold Standard Whey 2.2Kg Rocky Road