1,192 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Published 7 months ago by PPS076

This is an excellent product, however I’m not sure about the seller.
This product came with the internal seal broken.
Published 1 month ago by G. Esperato Pereira

1.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent product, however I’m not sure about the seller, 2 Feb. 2015
G. Esperato Pereira "Gutti" (london, uk) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent product, however I’m not sure about the seller.
This product came with the internal seal broken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 3 Aug. 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Reason for buying:

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop (30.4g) of powder into 350ml of water, I found that it did not taste as nice as I expected. It tasted slightly artificial and watery. However I found that I got to like the taste a lot more as time went by and I did not get sick of it by the end like I did with many other protein powders. If you want to enhance the taste of this product and make it less watery I recommend having it with semi skimmed milk or full fat milk.

Mixing:
I found that the product mixes really well in water, milk, porridge and smoothies. I have not come across a product that mixes any better.

Results:
After taking the product for 2 months, 3 times a day, whilst weight training 4 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week I found that my strength and muscle growth had improvement, I had more energy and I was getting more toned. It was mostly evident around my arms and chest where my T-Shirt got tighter. I could lift 5-10% more and I felt a lot stronger even when I wasn't in the gym. It is now the only Whey Protein powder that I am willing to use.

When to take:
I had 1 scoop for breakfast, Pre training and post training mixed with Dextrose. Having Dextrose at the same time drives the amino acids into the muscles much quicker. If I don't fancy a shake first thing in the morning then I will mix 1 scoop with my porridge or smoothie.

Although all the different flavours taste the same in terms of standard, the chocolate based flavours go better on their own, with dextrose or mixed in porridge whilst the fruity flavours go better either on their own, with Dextrose or with smoothies. All the flavours taste reasonably nice but they will never win any awards for best tasting protein shakes.

Other Whey Products:
Although there are more Whey protein powders out there that taste better, I do not believe that any can match this for results vs price and it's easy to see why the product is so popular with Body Builders and Athletes. The product can also be used by anyone that does not do exercise (male or female) but want to increase their protein intake.

Negatives:
The only negative that I could identify was that the product contains Sucralose which is not the healthiest sweetener around, however you will find that most protein powders have this type of sweetener in them.

Verdict:
Highly Recommended

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review please follow the link below.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate Mint, 14 July 2013
What can I say, the protein shake is great. I initially bought this brand because there was a test published showing how certain brands cheated people on how much protein per gram they truly contained. Optimum Nutrition did not.

Ultimately a good whey, unfortunately not the best flavour. I would say If you are starting out training and you are sceptical about spending £40 on a flavour you may not like go with the Double Chocolate flavour. It is the one everyone seems to like and is definitely better than chocolate mint.

I think ON do a tester pack with one sachet of each flavour. If you choose those remember those very sweet tropical flavours become less and less pleasurable as time passes.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10, 3 Aug. 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Mixing:

Results:

When to take:

Other Whey Products:

Negatives:

Verdict:
Highly Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Whey Protein Supplement, 28 Nov. 2012
I've been making my own protein shakes for a very long time and I never tried this brand although I had always heard good things about it. I finally got me a tub the other day and must say the taste rivals that of muscle milk (for those who have tried muscle milk you know what I'm talking about when I say it tastes like a chocolate milk shake). The reason I rate this protein higher than muscle milk is because the protein to carb and fat ration put muscle milk to shame, and still tastes like excellent which, to me, is pretty impressive.

I drink one shake a day post-workout, add in some trib and DAA, Tribulus Terrestris 90% Bulk Powder 25 Grams + FREE Primaforce D-Aspartic Acid 100 Grams which btw if you're over twenty and lifting heavy, DAA and trib pack on muscle like few other test boosters I've tried. One tip I'll add here, not that it needs it but try adding a drop of vanilla extract (and only a drop) and some ice cubes into the blender and tell me if that isn't the best shake you've ever had after a hard workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great product but I think it caused my skin to ..., 30 Jan. 2015
It's a great product but I think it caused my skin to produce to much keratin and now I have two colorless permanent lumps on my bump (keratitis) I assume cause by a high intake of protein, although I ate only one spoonful a day in a milkshake. But apart from that it does help, and the vanilla tastes good blended with milk and a banana and added blueberries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product when used in a responsible way, and tastes really nice as well., 22 Mar. 2015
I have been using the ON Whey protein for several months now, and I'm pleased with the results I have been getting with it. I have been training for moderate gains, and have managed to put on about 15lb (7kg) of muscle mass over the past year without my waistline getting any bigger. Of that 15lb, I'd say 10lb (4.5kg) has been since using this protein. That said, no supplement is a magic silver bullet - you still need to do some research into figuring out your macros (protein, carbs, fats, etc.) in order to get the maximum benefit for you.
In terms of flavour, I have been using the double chocolate flavour mixed with skimmed milk for pre- and post-workout, and I have just discovered that mixing the vanilla flavour with Greek yoghurt and some fresh berries makes an incredibly tasty snack. They also work well baked into home-made health bars (lots of recipes on-line for these).
Would definitely recommend, and encourage you to experiment with different ways of working the protein into your meals.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, minging flavour, 15 Mar. 2014
You quickly go off the taste of the mint choc flavour. I love mint choc flavoured stuff (and knew this would not be the same) but I wish I had gone for a more simple flavour, because you quickly go off it, which is annoying if you have bought a massive tub of it. Flavour aside, a great product and the arrival was quick. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just started the gym..., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey 2273 g Milk Chocolate Protein Shake Powder (Personal Care)
I've just started the gym, and was recommend in buying this brand...To be fair, it taste pretty nice! Previously I brought "my protein" cookies & cream and that was disgusting!...but this brand seems to be tasteful at this moment in time:)...I got the "double rich chocolate" and it is nice for a protein shake :D...Next time I am getting "milk chocolate" which is actually "Extreme Milk Chocolate" as I tried it off someone and is really creamy and yummy! Which fills my needs as I like my sweet stuff! I recommend buying this product if you want a high protein content, and of course tastes good! So it's a win win! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gains!, 8 Oct. 2013
Mr. Mark R. Davies (Shetland, UK) - See all my reviews
This is by far the best Whey protein i have ever had, it really helps repair those muscles after a good work out by taking this 2 times a day, once post workout and also just before you go to bed! if you get the right amount of water in 1 scoop to 8Oz then the taste is fantastic, it really tastes amazing and if u put milk in it tastes like hot chocolate. but put in to much water then it doesn't taste as good, but it doesn't taste bad at all just a little watery.

5/5 Hands down, a MUST BY for anyone serious about seeing them gains and burning fat at the gym!

also good to use along side PHD Diet whey