5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried...
Published 18 days ago by PPS076

2.0 out of 5 stars Half full or Half empty
I've ordered this product many times in the past and it is great. The reason I am only giving 2 stars though is the fact that when my order came it was literally HALF empty. I've ordered many times before and it tends ot vary how full the tubs are but this time there was litterally half of it missing.
Published 9 days ago by Darren

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 3 Aug 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Reason for buying:

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop (30.4g) of powder into 350ml of water, I found that it did not taste as nice as I expected. It tasted slightly artificial and watery. However I found that I got to like the taste a lot more as time went by and I did not get sick of it by the end like I did with many other protein powders. If you want to enhance the taste of this product and make it less watery I recommend having it with semi skimmed milk or full fat milk.

Mixing:
I found that the product mixes really well in water, milk, porridge and smoothies. I have not come across a product that mixes any better.

Results:
After taking the product for 2 months, 3 times a day, whilst weight training 4 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week I found that my strength and muscle growth had improvement, I had more energy and I was getting more toned. It was mostly evident around my arms and chest where my T-Shirt got tighter. I could lift 5-10% more and I felt a lot stronger even when I wasn't in the gym. It is now the only Whey Protein powder that I am willing to use.

When to take:
I had 1 scoop for breakfast, Pre training and post training mixed with Dextrose. Having Dextrose at the same time drives the amino acids into the muscles much quicker. If I don't fancy a shake first thing in the morning then I will mix 1 scoop with my porridge or smoothie.
Although all the different flavours taste the same in terms of standard, the chocolate based flavours go better on their own, with dextrose or mixed in porridge whilst the fruity flavours go better either on their own, with Dextrose or with smoothies. All the flavours taste reasonably nice but they will never win any awards for best tasting protein shakes.

Other Whey Products:
Although there are more Whey protein powders out there that taste better, I do not believe that any can match this for results vs price and it's easy to see why the product is so popular with Body Builders and Athletes. The product can also be used by anyone that does not do exercise (male or female) but want to increase their protein intake.

Negatives:
The only negative that I could identify was that the product contains Sucralose which is not the healthiest sweetener around, however you will find that most protein powders have this type of sweetener in them.

Verdict:
Highly Recommended

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Whey Protein Supplement, 28 Nov 2012
I've been making my own protein shakes for a very long time and I never tried this brand although I had always heard good things about it. I finally got me a tub the other day and must say the taste rivals that of muscle milk (for those who have tried muscle milk you know what I'm talking about when I say it tastes like a chocolate milk shake). The reason I rate this protein higher than muscle milk is because the protein to carb and fat ration put muscle milk to shame, and still tastes like excellent which, to me, is pretty impressive.

I drink one shake a day post-workout, add in some trib and DAA, Tribulus Terrestris 90% Bulk Powder 25 Grams + FREE Primaforce D-Aspartic Acid 100 Grams which btw if you're over twenty and lifting heavy, DAA and trib pack on muscle like few other test boosters I've tried. One tip I'll add here, not that it needs it but try adding a drop of vanilla extract (and only a drop) and some ice cubes into the blender and tell me if that isn't the best shake you've ever had after a hard workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Otherwise it is not a very sweet shake so if you prefer sweeter shakes in order ..., 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey 2273 g Milk Chocolate Protein Shake Powder (Personal Care)
TASTE:
This really benefits from being made with milk. It tastes a little 'thin' otherwise without adding skimmed milk. Otherwise it is not a very sweet shake so if you prefer sweeter shakes in order to cut your sweet tooth throughout the day then you make want to add a tablespoon of something else to this. That said, there is a slight malty taste about this and it is one of the most pleasant shakes I've every had. If you double the recommended dose, it is VERY sweet.

TEXTURE:
This is really easy to shake and I do not get lumps of powder. This has nothing to do with my shaker because some of my meal replacement shakes continue to be lumpy or too thick despite shaking or blending. If you do not have a shaker, you could easily mix this with a fork as I have done from time to time.

PACK:
It is a large container (you're probably buying in bulk) but they also come in handy doy bags and smaller individual portion sachets. These are excellent for travelling especially with hand baggage only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty !!, 19 Aug 2014
Tastes yum! I have it with milk though. Water was a bit gross (bleuch) skimmed milk is really yummy but a couple of days ago only had green milk and had to use that instead... It was even better with green milk!!! I bet it would be a whole level better with blue milk!! Lol. I don't know if it makes me stronger or repairs muscles etc but psychologically I feel better from it but I do know that it takes away my hunger as I exercise so many times per week I was always hungry and this drink definitely takes the edge off. I still get hungry but not as much!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product But expensive!!!, 11 Aug 2014
I have been using ON Gold Standard Whey Protein for 2 years now it's a great product for lean protein and flavour is good the only problem the Whey Protein is expensive so if you are looking to spend at least 50 on a very good product then you come to the right place but i have got bored now with this product so i've moved onto other Whey Proteins which is for me to save money and just trying out something new so anyway this product overall is good but not brilliant there are other products out their can save you money but still received the same results this product is helping you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect whey protein., 28 July 2014
I bought the chocolate flavor and I have to say without doubt, it's no wonder why this is the best protein powder on the market. I'm not someone who's usually fussy when it comes to taste but the taste of this shake is amazing. With water is great but with milk is even better! I feel like it's a treat to actually have one rather than feeling like it's just something I need for the protein values.

I've been weight lifting for around 2 years with great success and have used lots of different powders, but this is the best one to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 14 Aug 2014
It's the first protein power I've bought, was so shocked with how nice it tasted! I ordered the double rich chocolate and was delicious, can be abit hard to mix if you don't have a blander or shaker, would recommend getting a shaker at least, as for muscle growth, I've got this soon after I started going to the gym so I can see the difference but don't know how much is contributed to the power, but I assume it'll do what it says on the tin, I'm going to buy it again and would highly recommend! :P

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great, mixes well and is really easy to drink ..., 30 July 2014
Tastes great, mixes well and is really easy to drink post-workout. Absolutely love it and much cheaper than in the shops!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 July 2014
Best protien on the market!
Cookies and cream flavour not the best though, but definetly not bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST PROTEIN EVER!, 4 Aug 2014
Absolutely the best protein i have ever purchased. Considering i have tried them all, maximuscle, phd, reflex, the list goes on this is def the best. It is very good at mixing with milk and ice cold water. I usually have it as a pre gym snack and it works very well. My muscle mass has gone up very quickly and i have cut body fat with a good clean diet. Highly recommended product.