1,034 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried...
Published 2 months ago by PPS076

2.0 out of 5 stars Half full or Half empty
I've ordered this product many times in the past and it is great. The reason I am only giving 2 stars though is the fact that when my order came it was literally HALF empty. I've ordered many times before and it tends ot vary how full the tubs are but this time there was litterally half of it missing.
Published 2 months ago by Darren

‹ Previous | 185 86 87104 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best protein you can get, 9 Jan 2012
This is a classic tried and tested protein. It can be used for both body building and to reduce the risk of various diseases. If you are not familiar with it's properties I suggest you do some research before buying.

Usually supplements and various nutrition products either taste disgusting or tolerable. This one is actually tasty. It tastes like a proper light hot chocolate and I enjoy drinking it. I'm still trying to find my scoop however. It's either missing or buried somewhere at the bottom of the can.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality powder but not great taste, 20 Dec 2011
Excellent quality powder with a high % of protein in per 100g.
The tub is a good size and looks pretty cool with the black colour and label.
There are a few tiny lumps that will mix better if you use a shaker, I just used a plastic water bottle but generally it does mix well.
The taste however is not great in my opinion. I was expecting a very tastey chocolate milkshake and I was happy to notice that the unmixed powder smell was good. The name 'milk chocolate' sounds promising too but after mixing it up it smelt, disappointingly, like any other powder I've had. Then I tasted it and it was not that great. It is chocolately but nothing like a Yazoo Chocolate milkshake. The after taste is actually a bit nicer than the shake itself. Shame about the shake itself, which while you are drinking it, just isn't that nice.
I do reccomend this product. You may prefer the taste, I am quite fussy. It is good quality and good value for money compared with most other powders. If you want a chocolate flavour that is different from what you have had before then do not go for 'milk chocolate' but instead try 'double chocolate' or 'mint chocolate' which I presume will be a totally different taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Dec 2011
This is by far the best whey protein shake I have ever used, firstly it's a staggering 81% pure protein which is amazingly good. It also tastes fantastic, and mixes really well with only a spoon unlike other brands which go all clumpy. I will definitely be buying this product again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice surprise, 7 Dec 2011
I got the product quite quickly and found inside the box some additional nutritional supplements that I didn't expect. It was a nice surprise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 17 Nov 2011
If you're from America or any country where Optimum Nutrition products are sold off the shelf and retail stores then this will smell and taste a bit funny - largely because the products being peddled on Amazon seem to be quite old.

Apart from that, it is what it says on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, 4 Nov 2011
A quality product with a great taste if with milk. I use a blender so sometimes i like to make a smoothie with my protein powder, although no fruit mix particularly well with the taste. I advise if u want to mix your protein with fruits buy the vanilla as this combines really well :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Optimum Nutrition Whey protein Gold, 1 Nov 2011
This review is from: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder Drink Mix Double Rich Chocolate 2273g (Personal Care)
The quality of this protein supplement is second to none. The flavour is excellent and the results of this product used with a controlled diet and exercise are excellent. The price I paid was the lowest price I have seen and I searched around a fair bit. Also delivery was free of charge and arrived within 2 days of purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blends easily and tastes great, 24 Oct 2011
I've tried a lot of different brands of protein over the years and this is one of my favourites. I can be very particular about taste. The Chocolate Mint is great -- the others, I'm not so keen on.

This is a good quality protein, it blends quickly and tastes great. It's not cheap but you do get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Oct 2011
This isn't the first time I have bought Optimum Nutrition. This until date has been the ONLY supplement that I've took, I dont compromise and go for the cheaper brands because Optimum Nutrition 100% whey is the best whey out there! This is my second tub now, a big well done to Amazon, £[] was indeed the cheapest price I could find for a UK customers. I'll give it all the stars that I can. :)

Cheers, and yes, the free trial of Amazon Prime is awesome!! I can now start using my protein shake, and I only ordered it yesterday, cannot wait to get to the Gym now. :) Will be taking this with me :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Man Protein Time., 29 Sep 2011
I don't know much about Protein shakes but I've tried a few.

This tastes the best, wins all the awards, and isn't too expensive. Pretty good for a 60 second breakfast too.

There's so much choice but at the end of the day it's all protein and does more or less the same job. I think this one's the best all rounder protein supplement.

Matt