Price:£2.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 8 April 2009
I bought three of these.I used one of them just once to fry somwe chips. It seemed to work okay but when it cooled down the inide the inside of the glass tube was covered with what appeared to be condensation indicating that the inside must have been damp when the thing was assembled. The scale was unreadable. I called Kitchen Craft who really didn't want to know with the only advice being offered 'Call Amazon, just as you would if you had bought it from a shop'. I haven't bothered as I will just avoid Kitchen Craft products in future.
on 1 November 2009
This is an awful product. We were very careful with it but it broke the very first time we used it. dreadful.
on 31 October 2008
I have bought three of this type of thermometer and so far the tip has broken on two of them. I think this makes them a bit dangerous for using in the kitchen.
on 7 January 2010
difficult to read as condensation builds up on the inside of the thermomter on first use. When it was being washed it became clear it was not watertight and the scale began to run and fade. second use saw the clip snap, third use saw the thing shatter altogether, causing me to waste a batch of sweet chilli jam. Rubbish, stick to stainless steel ones, it's worth the extra money.
on 19 February 2011
The first and only time I used this thermometer which I bought a year ago for my mother so we could make our favourites like toffee and fudge and the tip breaks off and lands one can only know where into our home made fudge which my brother had wanted for a romantic valentines evening. Thank you very much you fraud for ruining an evening and perfectly good food. Be warned this thermometer is absolute rubbish hence the probable price reduction, all the reviews that give this thermometer a good rating are clear lies because it is a pile of rubbish.
on 19 March 2010
This broke in my tablet first time I used. Had to thow the batch out. won't be buying again.
on 13 September 2010
I too bought this product and the tip has just broken off. I am so cross about it because I have been handling it very carefully. Too fragile for use in the kitchen.
on 8 March 2010
next time i buy a thermometer it wont be one of these, bought two of these online and same one from (3rd) a cookshop, all 3 have broken-i followed the instructions for washing but all broke/smashed. I should have bought a more expensive one in the first instance and saved money. Instead i wasted it buying these.
on 17 February 2009
I have only used this a couple of times. I bought it to make Jam and toffee but found myself bringing it out to check my deep fat fryer which I suspected was not switching off at the correct temperature. It confirmed my suspicions. The guage was easy to read and although I didn't clip it to the side of the pan as it was an electric deep fat fryer and the sides were too thick, it was not too hot to hold as long as I held it by the yellow plastic parts. I would advise wearing an oven glove to do this just in case.
on 16 October 2012
They advertise that this thermometer comes from Kitchen Craft, but the item that arrives in the mail is a Chinese knock off. The knock off is so bad that they even have a spelling mistake saying "Fremch" instead of "French" right on the packaging.

Don't buy this product, I highly doubt that it's safe to use around food that you'll be eating.