5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice
I really like this cushion. It's large enough, heavy and very sturdy and I found the filling of buckwheat hulls excellent. It is not too soft and doesn't compress but it easily moulds to your body shape, a bit like the feeling of sitting on sand.

Published on 30 July 2009 by Katia

3.0 out of 5 stars good construction, small size
Other reviewers pointed out the unsightly tag- but it can be easily cut off. Aside from that, it looks great, seems to have a very solid construction, filled plump with buckwheat hulls, and a nice velcro access to the inside.

Published 6 months ago by Zebulun L Kurth-Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice, 30 July 2009
Katia (London, UK) - See all my reviews

If you want to carry it, things can be tricky. It does have a carrying handle but due to its large size I found it uncomfortable to carry and I have difficulty fitting it in any of my backpacks. They should definitely make special bags for these cushions.

Overall, this is a high quality product, a great choice in my view.

5.0 out of 5 stars cush'n fo the push'n, 15 Oct 2009
teatime (directly above the centre of the earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zafu Meditation Cushion (Buckwheat) Available in various colours (Misc.)
Yup, gives you the right balance between comfort and support, like bean bag but better. Works better than the other fluff filled type ones, can't get enough height on them, and they jus go "squidge" beneeth the buttocks. So good if you happen not to be an olympic gymnast or trained by the king of yoga since birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cushion, really fast delivery., 22 Sep 2010
Excellent, i was apprehensive to spend £30 on a cushion but after receiving it less than 48hrs after ordering it i was completely satisfied. The Buckwheat makes the cushion comfortable but solid. it makes sitting with your spine straight for long periods of time effortless. 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect meditation seat, 27 April 2011
J. CURTIS - See all my reviews
This meditation cushion arrived promptly, quickly and is the most comfortable meditation seat I've experienced - and so tidy looking to live on the floor. Should I reach enlightenment seated upon it, I shall let you know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable meditation cushion, 28 Feb 2012
I absolutely love this meditation cushion, very high quality materials are used here. The buckwheat filling is perfect for even longer meditations. I was so impressed that I ordered from this company directly a moon meditation cushion and a meditation mat. These products are worth every penny and makes meditation a lot more comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars zafu, 30 Sep 2011
It's a great product - comfortable and just the right size. It does the job perfectly. It totally changed my meditation experience from painful to almost pleasant ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice cushion, 11 Aug 2012
Great cushion, well built and sturdy. I initially found it a little too solid, but found it easy to take a handful of buckwheat out of the cushion to adjust to my ideal height (there's a velcro opening under the handle). Delivered in crazy-fast time, like less than 24 hours. Would totally recommend for finding continuity in your sitting, as retreats can differ in what cushions are available, and it's nice to know you can sit nicely wherever you take your zafu. Much love to the folk at Blue Banyan :)

4.0 out of 5 stars First impressions are all good., 4 Dec 2012
I haven't had it for too long, but so far, I've had no problems.

The cushion is the size I was expecting, very firm but still comfortable, doesn't change shape very much when sat on, and is almost exactly the perfect height so I can cross my legs while meditating (I'm about 6 foot nothing, if that helps).

I'm not sure I like how the large label sticks out of the side. You can see it in the picture, and I feel it makes the cushion seem tacky somehow. It wouldn't have been that hard to hide it, I'm sure.

Anyway. It stands up to everything I want it to do. A good, solid purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars good construction, small size, 21 Mar 2014

The only downside is - this is not a cushion for tall people! In the zendo there's always a range of cushion sizes, right? This is one of the *small* ones! One of the ones that tall people stack with another cushion :-) Not a stand-alone cushion, unless you are under 5'10" or so. (Which I guess most people are :-) )

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, 6 Feb 2013
I am very happy with the cushion. its soft and the buckwheat is really great to sit on. its heavy enough for a good posture but not to heavy to lift it.