5.0 out of 5 stars cush'n fo the push'n
Yup, gives you the right balance between comfort and support, like bean bag but better. Works better than the other fluff filled type ones, can't get enough height on them, and they jus go "squidge" beneeth the buttocks. So good if you happen not to be an olympic gymnast or trained by the king of yoga since birth.
Published on 15 Oct. 2009 by teatime

3.0 out of 5 stars good construction, small size
Other reviewers pointed out the unsightly tag- but it can be easily cut off. Aside from that, it looks great, seems to have a very solid construction, filled plump with buckwheat hulls, and a nice velcro access to the inside.

Published 12 months ago by Zebulun L Kurth-Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars cush'n fo the push'n, 15 Oct. 2009
teatime (directly above the centre of the earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zafu Meditation Cushion (Buckwheat) Available in various colours (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cushion, really fast delivery., 22 Sept. 2010
Excellent, i was apprehensive to spend £30 on a cushion but after receiving it less than 48hrs after ordering it i was completely satisfied. The Buckwheat makes the cushion comfortable but solid. it makes sitting with your spine straight for long periods of time effortless. 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect meditation seat, 27 April 2011
J. CURTIS - See all my reviews
This meditation cushion arrived promptly, quickly and is the most comfortable meditation seat I've experienced - and so tidy looking to live on the floor. Should I reach enlightenment seated upon it, I shall let you know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice, 30 July 2009
Katia (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I really like this cushion. It's large enough, heavy and very sturdy and I found the filling of buckwheat hulls excellent. It is not too soft and doesn't compress but it easily moulds to your body shape, a bit like the feeling of sitting on sand.

If you want to carry it, things can be tricky. It does have a carrying handle but due to its large size I found it uncomfortable to carry and I have difficulty fitting it in any of my backpacks. They should definitely make special bags for these cushions.

Overall, this is a high quality product, a great choice in my view.

4.0 out of 5 stars First impressions are all good., 4 Dec. 2012
I haven't had it for too long, but so far, I've had no problems.

The cushion is the size I was expecting, very firm but still comfortable, doesn't change shape very much when sat on, and is almost exactly the perfect height so I can cross my legs while meditating (I'm about 6 foot nothing, if that helps).

I'm not sure I like how the large label sticks out of the side. You can see it in the picture, and I feel it makes the cushion seem tacky somehow. It wouldn't have been that hard to hide it, I'm sure.

Anyway. It stands up to everything I want it to do. A good, solid purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars zafu, 30 Sept. 2011
It's a great product - comfortable and just the right size. It does the job perfectly. It totally changed my meditation experience from painful to almost pleasant ;-)

3.0 out of 5 stars good construction, small size, 21 Mar. 2014

The only downside is - this is not a cushion for tall people! In the zendo there's always a range of cushion sizes, right? This is one of the *small* ones! One of the ones that tall people stack with another cushion :-) Not a stand-alone cushion, unless you are under 5'10" or so. (Which I guess most people are :-) )

5.0 out of 5 stars Firm and comfortable!, 24 Oct. 2011
This cushion is so comfortable! Ideal for meditating, very firm and doesn't sag and the colour is really lovely. Material seems to be of high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars This suits me fine, I really wanted a small one anyway, 18 Oct. 2014
The cushion that arrived is quite a bit smaller than advertised- the blurb says 15" diameter, 6.3" height, where mine is 12 " diameter x 5" high. This suits me fine, I really wanted a small one anyway, but this one was on sale & cheaper than the ones that said they were small. It seems pretty sturdy, I like it.

A couple of reviews have said it's too small to get your backside & crossed legs on- I'm no expert, but I understand the idea is that you sit on it, but your feet & calves (& ideally your knees too, but I ain't that flexible) are on the floor, or your fancy meditation mat, if you have one, to give you more stability while you sit. This does seem much more comfortable than just sitting cross-legged on one level.

Also someone said the cushion is too hard. There is a velcro-fastened access hole just under the strap on the side, where the label is, so you can reach in to remove handfuls of filling, to make it squishier to suit your personal upholstery.

Don't think it makes me any better at meditation though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, 6 Feb. 2013
I am very happy with the cushion. its soft and the buckwheat is really great to sit on. its heavy enough for a good posture but not to heavy to lift it.