4.0 out of 5 stars wild hogs with wild fun!
I don't understand the negative reviews for this film. Me and my g/f watched it last night, and although not the best and funniest films ever, it was funny and great to watch and was different to what is usually out!

Published on 24 Sep 2007 by Mark

3.0 out of 5 stars I laughed.
Published on 29 Oct 2007 by Johnnybluetime

4.0 out of 5 stars wild hogs with wild fun!, 24 Sep 2007
Mark (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Hogs [DVD] (DVD)

The storyline was fine and the jokes were quite good! It is suppose to be a light hearted fun film to watch, and thats what it is! The film doesn't have to have guns, drugs, sex and violence just to make it great! It is a good family fun film.

Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont take it too serious guys!!!!!, 21 Oct 2009
James Shepherdson "darlokid" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Hogs [DVD] (DVD)
I own the DVD and I like it, and yes my 10 year old son does too!
Its a "popcorn" movie its not Easy Rider, or Freedbird a great British biker movie, and unlike those two there are no drugs in Wild Hogs.
I'm sure none of the cast expected an Oscar nomination for the script or the over-acting!
In essence this movie, and its director, is affectionately poking a bit of of fun at middle aged Harley riders, and I'm one of those but I still enjoyed it.
The violence is a bit like the A Team in that no one gets seriously hurt so all in all good family viewing.
If you ride a bike you'll probably like it.
As for the whingers who gave it a low score, chill out, grow up and oh I nearly forgot..... get a bike and your sense of humour may return!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great family movie., 25 May 2008
This review is from: Wild Hogs [DVD] (DVD)
As a bike fan I wanted to watch this for the harleys, but do quite enjoy Tim Allen's antics in most of what he does but ended up being engrossed by a magic blend of characters headed up by John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, William H Macy, Tim Allen and the menacing Ray Liotta.
The story is more like a series of mini adventures bound together by a movie familiar; the road trip.
Roughly half way through the film we have the injection of The Del Fuego bike gang who fall somewhere between the nasties in 'From Dusk Till Dawn' and the gang from 'Every which way but loose.' The heavies decide to take on the four heroes for trying to pretend to be bikers and of course we have the inevitable slapstick violence which I enjoyed for it's wondeful comic timing and the interplay between the main protagonists.
Importantly here, our suburban adventurers, previously belittled for being just that, highlight that it is this very normality which makes them the men they are - not shirking the responsibilities of family and work and still able to follow a dream.
Three cheers for suburban dreamers...

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than you would think, 27 Sep 2007
This review is from: Wild Hogs [DVD] (DVD)
While Wild Hogs didn't enjoy terrific raves from critics, it did well at the tills. The actors seemed to have a really good time doing this movie, too. The story is about a group of middle-aged weekend bikers from the 'burbs who feel the itch for adventure. Impulsively, they decide to go on a road trip on their bikes with no plan. Hilarity ensues when each bumbling character faces a challenge that addresses each of their fears, especially when they meet a rough biker gang in New Mexico headed by ultimate biker (Ray Liotta).

The movie is lengthy but you will allow it if you are just in the mood for laughs. The laughs come especially if you are able to relate to the characters' situations. Tim Allen plays Doug Madsen, reportedly a daredevil in his teens but grows up to become a dentist who has played it safe ever since he got married with kids. John Travolta plays Woody Stevens, the supposedly successful guy who has it all, but is actually hiding a divorce from his supermodel wife and his bankrupt status. Martin Lawrence plays Bobby Davis, the henpecked husband who doesn't bring home the bacon. The best performance for me was from William H. Macy as Dudley Frank, the quintessential geek.

It was nice to see Macy play this character because he really pulled it off and it was such a welcome change from his honest cop roles. A little dance sequence was once more milked out of Travolta, who also played his role quite well (his face looked like he gets Botoxed regularly!). Marisa Tomei was a nice surprise. She plays Maggy, the owner of the small town diner. Like her character, she has definitely aged and seems to have been forgotten in such a tiny town but she is still quite pretty and has that fragile, approachable appeal. Towards the ending of the film make sure you stay on to watch Wild Hogs' closing credits to see a funny sequence provided by a TV show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Feel Good Movie, 26 Aug 2007
M. B. Richardson (Stockton - on - Tees, Cleveland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Hogs [DVD] (DVD)
This movie is far funnier than i was expecting from 4 aging actors - the mix was great - the wit was excellent - the story great - what more can i say / RECOMMENDED fun action packed feel good movie for all the family .

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 12 Jun 2007
N. Neill "Beryl" (Southern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Hogs [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this film in London recently with my husband (it took a little bit of a push to convince me to go to it) but I didn't regret it. I along with everyone else laughed the whole way through, the best comedy I have seen this year. If you want cheering up go see it or buy it. Anyone else I have spoken to and has seen the film says the same, very funny film.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good dvd, 29 Jan 2008
This review is from: Wild Hogs [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Wild Hogs

Wild hogs is a very funny film and I think that the actors seemed to have a really good time doing this movie, too. The story is about a group of middle-aged weekend bikers who feel the itch for adventure on the open road. The laughs come especially if you are able to relate to the characters' situations. Tim Allen plays Doug Madsen, reportedly a daredevil in his teens but grows up to become a dentist who has played it safe ever since he got married with kids. John Travolta plays Woody Stevens, the supposedly successful guy who has it all, but is actually hiding a divorce from his supermodel wife and his bankrupt status. Martin Lawrence plays Bobby Davis, who plays husband who doesn't bring home the bacon. The best performance for me was from William H. Macy as Dudley Frank, pay's as the geek

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, 21 Jan 2008
This review is from: Wild Hogs [DVD] (DVD)
I just loved this film! So funny and could not stop laughing. The four main characters work so well together, and it shows throughout the film.

3.0 out of 5 stars I laughed., 29 Oct 2007
Johnnybluetime - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wild Hogs [DVD] (DVD)
This film is old fashioned,predictable and cliched,but I have to say that I did laugh out loud half a dozen times. Two of those occasions involved sight gags so old that their origins must lie on the day after the plank was invented.But I did laugh. I can't remember why now,and I'd never want to see the film again,but it passed 90 minutes of a cold October evening in a pleasant and undemanding way.Okay, I'm a middle aged man,so I guess I'm the target audience,but as long as you don't actually hate all of the leading men and, probably,you're over forty five then this is okay with just enough funny moments to get you through the more irritating ones.Recommended to fans of Travolta,Allen,Lewis and (perhaps not) Macy,and,as I said,people who don't actively dislike them.My wife gave it 2 stars,which, perhaps, if you're not a middle aged man,is more realistic.

4.0 out of 5 stars If your expectations aren't too high it is pretty good, 1 Oct 2007
This review is from: Wild Hogs [DVD] (DVD)
I quite enjoyed this film even though I hadn't thought it worth going to see at the cinema. It is silly and unbelievable but pretty funny. It certainly made me wince each time one of those hugely expensive Harley Davison bikes gets smashed, strangely though they were soon back on them as if no damage had ever happened. It is probably not for everyone - my wife gave up on it after half an hour - but if you like unsubtle (childish) humour it is ok.

Wild Hogs [DVD]
Wild Hogs [DVD] by John Travolta (DVD - 2007)
3.63