5.0 out of 5 stars A Superior Version
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:30 Mins
Published 19 months ago by Nemo

3.0 out of 5 stars it does the job...but poor quality
It does the job, it's cheap, so don'r expect to get a very good qulity, even if it does the job
Published 7 months ago by asma

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superior Version, 30 Mar 2013
Length:: 0:30 Mins

A good, solid and well-made version of the famous GI can opener. These Gelert openers really are superior. Stiff, plated steel which will not bend out of shape easily like some lesser versions. The slightly increased length - necessary for the bottle opener lower end - provides a better grip, improved leverage and ease of use. The spike part of the opener is sharp and hard and pierces and cuts very well. Poor quality versions, which may cost the same or a little less, won't last and might not even do properly what they are meant to do from new. If you use these for the outdoors, as I do, you can't afford to be unable to eat when you need to. I bought this twin pack as backups - in case of loss - for a pair that have opened dozens of cans so far without any depreciation in performance or appearance. Faultless. WATCH my VIDEO to see how quick and easy it is to use this opener.

5.0 out of 5 stars They open tins., 9 Feb 2014
R. Paton (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert G I Mini Can Openers 2 per Card
What did you expect me to say about a tin opener.?

Seriously though,
Strong enough and small enough that you are much more likely to lose them or have them pinched when you show someone else at the campsite how easy they are to use, than have them break.
No chance of bending these without the use of a hammer.
Able to cope tihe the larger corned beef or oval ham tins as well as the 57 variety cans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but not as good as Compo tin openers, 24 Oct 2013
BackstopBob (Ripon, North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert G I Mini Can Openers 2 per Card
Good value but not as good as Compo tin openers. These are indispensable. Keep one in all of your packs, one in the car and keep one in the kitchen. When every tin opener you have has failed these will work.

4.0 out of 5 stars .....And you get 2!, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Gelert G I Mini Can Openers 2 per Card
Thought i'd try these as they were so cheap i figured i wouldn't of lost much money. Delivery was quick and they actually worked!! ......once i figured out how to use them......which didn't take long. Fits inside my survival tin quite nice. Small and compact. Very pleased with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use ful portable ite, 23 Jan 2013
Mr. E. Conroy "epc" (Birmingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert G I Mini Can Openers 2 per Card
As a truck driver and old soldier who used these openers in the past, the item is attached to my key ring and is therefore fully portable and opens cans of all types easily

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini can opener, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Gelert G I Mini Can Openers 2 per Card
These things are hard to find probably since they last for a long time! Much better than the 'normal' can opener.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty rubbish., 3 July 2014
This review is from: Gelert G I Mini Can Openers 2 per Card
Useless. I bought a similar type of opener in the Czech Republic 12 years ago, it unfortunately wore down with so much use over the years. These things are a pale imitation. They are too small and fiddly and take twice as long to open a can as the Czech made one and doubt they would last more than a few months. I have recycled them into the useless file! Not recommended at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars purchased for my son who is off backpacking with his ..., 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Gelert G I Mini Can Openers 2 per Card
purchased for my son who is off backpacking with his friends, appeared to do the trick when they tried them. not changed much from when i owned one 30 years ago. will no doubt get feedback when they return in a couple of months.

4.0 out of 5 stars It worked, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Gelert G I Mini Can Openers 2 per Card
This arrived quickly. First thing I did on receiving this tin can opener was to put it on my key ring. No problems there. The next thing was to open a tin can, that worked too so in it goes straight into my survival kit. It's just that if I'm in a survival situation in the natural habitat of the tin can the only advantage I can think of is that by the time my friends return from the kitchen aisle with their MagiCans I will be sat there looking smug with an open tin of peas. As long as they don't rush. It is difficult to use but works, best to use two hands..

5.0 out of 5 stars easy peasy tin openers, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Gelert G I Mini Can Openers 2 per Card
gave this a 5 star as it does what it should, it is small and compact and opens tins no problems at all. I take these camping as I travel light weight.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›