5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!
Published on 25 Feb. 2012 by S

3.0 out of 5 stars Brita Maxtra 6-pack deal
The Maxtra product is as good as it has always been.

The cost, however, has rocketed. Last November I bought 12 Maxtra cartridges from Amazon for £30, this October there was no offer on 12 so I bought two 6-packs for £44, an increase of over 46% within a year.

Published on 3 Dec. 2011 by John of Coulsdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!, 25 Feb. 2012
This review is from: BRITA MAXTRA Water Filter Cartridges - 4 Pack (Kitchen & Home)
I won't go back to drinking regular tap water now that I'm used to the filtered, clean, taste of filtered water. Changing these water filters regularly ensures that I always have a supply of good tasting H2O (yes I can tell the difference!) hence keeping me hydrated throughout the day. Considering each filter lasts around a month, they're rather inexpensive to replace. Wish I'd started drinking filtered water years ago...

5.0 out of 5 stars No more foul tasting water for us, 23 Oct. 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 3:00 Mins

After years of putting up with foul tasting water, kettles that didn't last for more than a year and tea / coffee with a scummy residue on top I decided to purchase a water filter. We have been using it now for a couple of months and I have noticed a huge difference in the taste of the water, the look of my tea and coffee and also my kettle doesn't seem to be furring up like it used to.

The Brita jug comes with one cartridge and a sensor which tells you when it is time to change it. It suggests four weeks use but the cartridges do say they last for 100 uses which is roughly a jug refill three times a day for the whole month. If you don't use your water jug that much then the cartridge will last a bit longer even if the sensor tells you to change it.

If you have a Brita Maxtra water filter jug then you do need to purchase these Maxtra water filter cartridges, you can't get away with trying to purchase less expensive ones.

These cartridges come in boxes of four or ten with it being more economical to purchase ten. However, the larger box takes up more storage and you need to outlay more money at the start. I tend to go for the boxes of four as I find it hard to purchase items that are going to last ten months and I just plan to buy more when I need them.

Each of the cartridges are individually packaged in the box so they stay fresh until opened which means that it isn't a problem if you do decide to buy the larger pack.

The cartridges easily click into place inside the inner section of the water filter - just remember not to pull off the ring pull part otherwise they will be difficult to remove - I speak from experience here!

5.0 out of 5 stars These do the job, 3 Mar. 2010
We recently moved to an area of the country that has extremely hard water. I've been using the Brita water filter system here for a year now, and it absolutely does work. There is no trace of hard water deposits in our heavily used kettle, and the water tastes great. If you read and follow the instructions it does not leave little black bits in the water. I use the filter for a good six weeks (rather than the four weeks it calls for) before replacing it, and have still not seen any lime scale. I do a lot of comparison shopping, and Amazon is the cheapest place I have seen to buy them, as well. It is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price value, 31 May 2012
I bought the 6-pack from Amazon this week for £16, which I believe is a great price for this pack. Price is fluctuating often up and down, pick it up on the right price. 4=pack is also going between £10-14 here, try to catch the £10 mark. All in all, these filters are great, you can see it clearly in the colour of the tea, if not in the taste of water :)

4.0 out of 5 stars They work well for us, 18 Nov. 2011
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Following the instructions to prepare the cartridges to the letter, this item has been purchased by us along with an updated jug to replace one of the older versions with the original cartridges: they certainly seem to work better, although they use the same process as their predecessor. The throughput of filtered water is a much faster process than previously and it does seem to produce a slightly better result in water quality

I must admit that whilst they are good and do reduce the quantity of residue left in the cup etc, we find that due to the hardness of our water (Wimborne Dorset) that they do not remove all of the limescale held in suspension. On a positive note, they do help to make the water taste better and remove the scent and taste of chlorine, which is particularly strong in our area.

I suppose that the proof of their worth to us is that whilst not a five star product in our eyes, we have been buying them or similar for a very long time and whilst they are not perfect for us, they do as good a job as they can and therefore 4 stars seems a fair rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filter this., 7 Jan. 2012
One of these filters lasts about 2 months for me living in a country with high lime content in the tap water. I drink at least a litre a day so i reckon thats pretty good going.

Cant realy compare this with other filters as this is my first experience with one but i couldnt reccomend the britta water filter more.

Evrerybody i give a glass of filtered water to can realy notice in comparison to unfiltered water and you can littaraly taste when the filter is full as the difference is huge.

5.0 out of 5 stars photo says a thousand words..., 23 Nov. 2012
(Live in London, you need Brita)

added a customer photo to the product, I was surprised how effective these are

same Tap Water boiled for 10 mins, one is filtered with Brita other one straight from Tap

4.0 out of 5 stars Water filters are fit !!, 4 Sept. 2011
Living in a hard water area is quite a disadvantage - any piece of equipment that is exposed to untreated mains water gets furred up and eventually requires replacing - but calcium is good for the teeth, so that might explain why I still have all my own gnashers even though I am fairly advanced in years !

These filters last us about 6 weeks and avoid the kettle getting furred up. It also provides us with soft water for our orchids, maidenhair ferns etc which will only accept calcium-free water. At over £3 each (RRP) they might appear to be expensive, but that works out at only 50p aweek - 7 pence a day. Replacing the filters in the jug is a pain but really doesnt take long. The local Argos store recycles spent filters so it is all very environment friendly.

Overall this is a good product - but now I am looking at the possibility of treating all my incoming water so I dont have to change the hot water tank every 5 years !

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have to have the best, why not pay the least!, 9 Mar. 2014
With the Tassimo Coffee machine you have to have the Brita Maxtra filter - no choice. You do however have the choice of where to buy it. This 4-pack was less than half price and will last me about 9 months - it was a no-brainer!

3.0 out of 5 stars Brita Maxtra 6-pack deal, 3 Dec. 2011
The Maxtra product is as good as it has always been.

But this price is still better than you can usually find on the high street and they do seem to last quite well despite constant use with very hard water. Not just calcium, but our mains water sometimes also has excess chlorine which these filters remove successfully.

I feel these cartridges are still acceptable value for money.