5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone with a nice mp3 player
Some people would call this phone basic = I don't. It is one of the nicest phones I have owned. Slim and well built, it does everything I want in a phone. Don't buy it from Amazon, mind. Currys/Dixon are selling it for 79.99!
Published on 2 Dec 2007 by Chief Wiggum

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but perseverance required
Slim and compact, smart looking. Good selection of ringtones, but small selection of graphics. Keys a bit small and too flat - would be easier to use if they were slightly rounded. Camera fairly basic. Photos look okay on phone but when sent to another phone are received blurred - don't know why.

Instruction book is pretty useless. It doesn't cover all the...
Published on 21 Feb 2009 by Tyke

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone with a nice mp3 player, 2 Dec 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Phone, 28 April 2008
J. Thomas "Fantasy Lover" (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia 6300 Prepay Mobile Phone on T-Mobile (Electronics)
If you visit the Nokia Website, or your local phone shop, like me you might be completely bewildered by the current generation of mobile phones, with features that most people don't need. And then you come across this beauty, priced at a measly 70. All I needed was something to replace my 6230, which recently packed in, probably due to abuse on my part! And the 6300 fits the bill perfectly; it's small, stylish, and easy to use. The buttons, although rather small, function well, and I rarely hit the wrong key by mistake. The 2MP camera takes surprisingly decent photos which are not plagued by the graniness of many phone pictures. Overall, all of the features of the phone work as they should; other than the fancy graphics, little has changed since the iconic 3310. Finally, the casing is made mostly of metal, making it even more bulletproof than my 6230!

However, I do have two small foibles. Firstly, the weird Nokia connector on the bottom of every phone I've owned has been replaced with a headphone jack and a USB port, hence making the charger on my car kit useless and forcing me to use Bluetooth to connect to the phone, rather than simply plugging it in. Secondly, the aforementioned headphone jack is smaller than usual, so you can't just plug any old headphones in.

Nonetheless, for many people this is the perfect phone. No fuss, no unnecessary features, decently priced, incredibly stylish... what more do you want?

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good!, 13 Nov 2007
E. Chung "Norfolk Terrior" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia 6300 Prepay Mobile Phone on T-Mobile (Electronics)
When this phone first come onto the market I didn't actually think anything of it as it seemed pretty average. In the last year I have had the Nokia N95, Sony Ericsson W880i, Sony Ericsson W580i, Sony Ericsson K550i, LG Chocolate and a Samsung U600. Why have I had so many handsets??? I get bored easy!!!

Anyway, the Nokia 6300 is probably the most basic of all the phones I've had but is certainly my favourite. I don't know what but theres something about this phone that makes me want to hang onto it. It could be the simplicity itself!!!

The Nokia 6300 is packed full of the lastest technology: Camera, Bluetooth, Radio, MP3, Email, Calendar, Internet...

I use an Apple Mac so didn't know if the Nokia would be able to sync with my .mail account. But it does!!! Most Samsung & Sony Ericssons also sync with .mail.

Although it seems I have had more expensive phones, I prefer something that doesn't make a fuss and is discreet without having to pay silly money for. At under 80.00 it is certainly a good buy.

The Nokia 6300 is a good size, when I had the N95 it was always a problem with having it in my pocket.

With all the previously hansets I've always had small issues - Nokia N95: Loss Slider & Big - W880i: Poor Signal Strength - W580i: Chunky & Plastic - Samsung U600: Looks Girly - LG Chocolate: Buttons Too Sensitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful phone, great features at a great price!, 6 April 2008
This review is from: Nokia 6300 Prepay Mobile Phone on T-Mobile (Electronics)
The Nokia 6300 has won awards in mobile phone magazines, and rightly so. It has an MP3 player, 2MP camera with night-mode (which is pretty good even with no flash or light), ability to film short videoclips, calculator, calendar (with ability to have memos and other such reminders go off - which has come in handy for me on numerous occasions!). It's very slim, so fits neatly into the pocket. You can even set text sizes, so if you find one size too small, there's the ability to choose between two, sometimes three, different text sizes. The phone also has Bluetooth capabilities.

If I had any quibbles, they would include:
(1) some of the features are not necessarily where you might expect them to be. As an example, would you expect to find a countdown timer in the Organiser menu? I certainly didn't, and in other Nokia phones, where it might have been found more logically somewhere else, this can be confusing to start with.
(2) The battery life is not always as good as the description makes out, especially if you use the camera and other battery-intensive things a lot.
(3) The Navi-Key can sometimes be hard to manipulate accurately due to the thinness of the phone making it a button that doesn't have much leeway when pressing, so moving up, down, left or right (such as when moving the cursor in text-messaging) occasionally becomes a little more difficult.
(4) The supplied Micro SD card is only 128Mb, which is really tiny and won't give you much chance to store a great deal, so you would be well advised to buy a higher-capacity Micro SD card ASAP (I bought a 2Gb one, which is considerably more forgiving!). They're not that expensive, but still effectively increase the overall cost of the phone.

But, rest assured, this is still a great phone, with Nokia's trademark intuitive nature (give or take the occasional odd choice of positioning of some applications within the menus), especially at this price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but perseverance required, 21 Feb 2009
Tyke (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nokia 6300 Prepay Mobile Phone on T-Mobile (Electronics)

Instruction book is pretty useless. It doesn't cover all the applications which the phone provides.

Main problem with this phone is the earphones. Jack size 2.5mm, so other earphones won't fit without an adaptor and all the adaptors this reviewer tried were useless. The supplied earpieces are enormous - 15mm wide - and made from hard plastic, so are painful to try and keep in place and so large that they drop out. In the end it was necessary to buy a separate set of earphones with a 2.5 mm jack.

It would have been worth paying a little more to have better earphones as standard, but for whatever reason Nokia issued this phone with a set which are unusable.

Aside from this latter point, the phone is reasonable value for money. With a good deal of tinkering and online searching, it's possible to figure out how to download music and videos (instruction book gives no help on this), but it's necessary to increase memory size. Adding another 2gb creates a separate set of folders and the user may spend many a frustrating hour finding out how to store and retrieve items from them. Also, increasing memory size scrubs off the supplied games.

Nokia 6300 Prepay Mobile Phone on T-Mobile