4.7 out of 5 stars6,584
Size: 6 Pack|Change

on 16 February 2011
Four years ago, use of the filter cartridges allows me to drink better-tasting water.
Since last year, I observed the following in my cartridges:
- broken netting in cartridges, allowing particles to escape
- tiny black particles in my water after pouring from Brita jug
So, I feel as if the quality of cartridges made have gone downhill.
on 26 July 2012
Pretty good value when comparing to places like argos. They come individually wrapped, boxed and last 4 weeks each (but I use mine for 6 weeks and it's fine).
Make sure you wash the cartridge under cold running water the first time and filter through the kettle/jug/tassimo etc for 3 times then you're all done! :)
on 23 November 2012
(Live in London, you need Brita)

added a customer photo to the product, I was surprised how effective these are

same Tap Water boiled for 10 mins, one is filtered with Brita other one straight from Tap
review image
on 13 May 2015
I have a Brita jug, which has been replaced by other Brita jugs over the years, so I need to buy these cartridges and have not tried any other brand for comparison. If you live in a hard water area, as I do, filtered water makes a huge difference to the quality of your drinking water, tea, coffee, etc. I always shop around for the cheapest deals as prices vary a lot. This 12 month box will last me about 6 months as my water is so hard, I have to replace the filter every two weeks, when cups of tea start getting scummy. Obviously not Brita's fault, just don't be fooled by the 12 months supply indications on the box - it all depends how hard your water is.
on 28 December 2015
First off these are great value for money: a 12 pack breaks down as £2.49 per cartridge. Over 30 days that's 8 pence per day. To buy a 1.5 litre bottle of Volvic is about 64p from the supermarket, so that's a saving of 56p per day / £16.80 per month! Not to mention that fact that shop bought plastic bottles contain Phthalates. Although water, in and of itself, does not go bad, the plastic bottle it is contained in does "expire" and will eventually start leaching chemicals into the water. If you look at the expiry dates on bottled water, it's 2 years, so in theory that water could have been sitting on the shelf for that long! For me personally, I like cold fresh water, which I've filtered and from which I know the source. i.e. my kitchen tap! I've been using Maxtra Water Filter Cartridges for 5 years now and won't use anything else. My Brita fridge jug has also stood the test of time and is still going strong. My jug has a set timer which indicates when the cartridge needs replacing. I always make sure to give the jug a good clean each month before inserting the new cartridge. The cartridge is so easy to use. It comes in a sealed plastic bag, which is easy to open and has clear instructions. After I've cleaned the jug, I submerge the filter in water for 30 seconds to ensure it's fully soaked then insert it into the filter hole in the jug. From there I push down gently until I feel it click into place. After I add water and let it filter through, pour away then repeat twice more, close the lid, set the timer and place in the fridge to chill! That's it! Now I have fresh water for the next 30 days and at a fraction of the cost of what it would cost me to buy in the shops. The taste of the filtered water is very clean with no strange aftertaste - I often find that shop bought water has a slight metallic taste and bizarrely sometimes fails to quench my thirst. A truly great product and one that I'll continue to use for years to come. Thanks Brita for making such a quality product.
on 1 December 2012
I only bought these as I had to buy a new jug and as I said in the title, I really dont find these as good as the old filters for the water in my area. I have to change the filter every 2-3 weeks instead of 4-5 and descale the kettle in between too so not that impressed. Having said that, when the filter is new and the kettle is clean then the drinks do taste better than without anything at all.
Come on Brita-bring back the old jugs and filters!
on 28 March 2016
This is a fantastic price for these filters, the price of buying these compared to buying bottle water from the supermarket is brilliant. Each cartridge is good for about four weeks or one hundred litres and you can get as much water in and out of your jug as you like which makes this very cost effective as one hundred litres over four weeks is a huge amount. The filter removes lime scale and other impurities from the tap water so this is also good for filling up your kettle instead of from the tap directly, I could taste the difference right away and juices which require water tasted very pure and refreshing.

If you appreciated my review then please click on the “helpful” button. If you are pondering clicking on the unhelpful button, please leave a comment or ask me a question before you do as I may be able to answer you or add further information to help you. I received this product at a discount in return for an honest and completely unbiased review, I do feel that I always give an honest and unbiased review and would never falsify a review just because I got a discount on the item. I only receive items at a discount I actually have an interest in, this means my reviews are all based on thorough personal use.
on 19 November 2015
Even after changing the water four times, which is twice as much as the required, there are lots of black particles and other unidentifiable objects floating in the filtered water. After I did some reading, it may turn out that the black particles are harmless but they're still unpleasant to see in your drinking water.
I'd advice people to look for other filters that don't leave any residue in the water.
on 7 December 2015
The Brita filters are really great! The only problem I have with them is that they don't last the full 'four weeks' (as by our indicator on the Brita jug). We've had to have our water tested previously (For digestive health issues/problems) and at that time, there was no unusual amount of scale in the water (Which could have potentially explained why the cartridges didn't last as long). THAT Said, we still buy these, it's a VERY good alternative to polluting our 'bins' with excess and unnecessary bottled water! We can always buy our own re-usable bottles, and the cartridges are encouraged to be recycled (As well as all packaging). They are very easy to 'pop out' of the jug, very easy to 'soak, swish' and insert INto the jug container. And DO keep the water very clean!! Just wish they would last longer!! But we do keep getting these (I am on the prowl for a review out there that directs me to a filter and/or filter jug system that says WOW THESE ARE FANNNNNNNNTASTIC! lol) in the mean-time these are what we use! And are quite happy otherwise! Good packaging, service and delivery! No problems!! Thank you!
on 13 March 2015
BRITA filter makes noticible difference, the water is more clean and tastes better.

It reduces limescale in your kettle and stains from tea/coffee in your mugs.

One cartridge should last about a month (or longer - depends on how often you use it) before you will need to replace it with a new one.

Deffinietly worth buying : )