5.0 out of 5 stars A come down from our velocity, but a great one
This track is an example of how Maximo Parks lyrics are used to full effect in this great song. The bands unique use of their accents in the song also adds more character and makes the song feel more human and not a false sense of love you get with a lot of songs nowadays.

Published on 29 May 2007 by Mrs. Sara Lloyd

3.0 out of 5 stars Well...
I really like Max´mo Park, its a shame that this wasn't what I expected. Firstly the front cover of the album was wrong, it had another band on the front and secondly it only had I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles), Books From Boxes (Radio Edit), The Unshockable (original demo version) and Books From Boxes on.
Published on 18 July 2009 by P. Layford

5.0 out of 5 stars A come down from our velocity, but a great one, 29 May 2007
This review is from: Books From Boxes (Audio CD)

Please buy the album Our Earthly Pleasures, its musically and lyrically greater than A Certain Trigger and the associations of the difficult second album have been quashed by a truly fantastic electro indie band.

This album should win the Mercury Music Award this year, hopefully the arctics wont win.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Songs From Maximo Park, 7 Jun 2007
This review is from: Books From Boxes (Audio CD)
This song "Books From Boxes"is very classy.Wistful and very singable,it shows Paul Smith's voice off perfectly.

The band's version of "500 Miles" is also,in my opinion,very beautiful.

I've ordered my copy of this item well in advance and it will be worth the wait.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well..., 18 July 2009
P. Layford (England) - See all my reviews

ARRAY(0xaae16d5c)

Books from Boxes [Disc 2] [7" Vinyl]
Books from Boxes [Disc 2] [7" Vinyl] by Max´mo Park (Vinyl - 2007)