5.0 out of 5 stars Service Experience
The Instruction Disc with the Unit I got seemed to exclude downloading the (currently free) Speed Camera data using Windows 7. The service on this was excellent, the customer services email contact responded in less than a minute and resolved the issue. Worth 5 stars.
Published on 1 April 2010 by Allen Lutting

1.0 out of 5 stars not well made?
Published 10 months ago by Dr. M. Goepfert

1.0 out of 5 stars not well made?, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Snooper Strabo 3.5" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps (Electronics)
I had bought a different model - now not supplied anymore, but had similar issues of short life to those reported by others. Screen started flickering badly, out of the blue, after 13 mothns of useage and Snooper offered me a replacement at approximately full cost. I had taken out a lifetime support option. They said there was nothing more they could do because at that point the warranty was two months out of date. Also, there was no communication after I had sent the item in, and I had to phone up several times to get that far, probably at not insubsutantial cost (a 0333 number). I declined the offer they made and bought a likely longer lasting product elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Service Experience, 1 April 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little performer, 23 Oct 2013
P. Shield (N.E. England) - See all my reviews
I've owned my Strabo for about 3 years now & although I've only had to use it a handful of times I've found it a fantastic little unit. At the time I bought it Which had it as their best budget buy sat nav!
The screen is more than adequate and voice commands are both clear and given in good time. The only downside is that it sometimes goes mental with constantly repeating its speed camera warnings! There is lifetime support of speed camera updates that can be downloaded, however I think 35 for map updates is a little expensive given that the original unit only cost me 80.
Overall I think this is a fantastic piece of kit for either the occasional user or a seasoned traveller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Customer Service, 9 Sep 2011
Bought this about 2 years ago and has been used a lot. Had to replace the first unit after a fault developed but I have to say that SNOOPER has excellent customer service which is a rare commodity these days. Very helpful, although they do try to get you off the phone fairly quickly. The Strabo is a great unit which came with Free Lifetime Camera updates, although I did find that many of the old camera sites had not been removed from the database even after 12 months so there is a need for improvement on the AURA database to remove many of the old camera sites. The only downsides of the Strabo is the poor battery life, about 1hr 30 mins when new and now I only get an hour at most so I tend to leave it plugged into the cig car adapter. The other downside is that it can take up to about 3 to 4 minutes to lock onto a satellite when it is first switched on, which is a common problem with most SatNavs without HOTFIX, but even with HOTFIX you will still have to wait for a least a minute for it to locate a signal. Overall a good buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Short Life, 18 Aug 2010
Bruce Baker-Johnson "Brubaker" (Portsmouth, England) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these precisely 2 years ago. It worked fine except that very soon the maps were out of date (a common and expensive problem) we only used it rarely (on longish trips) it was kept in a padded case in the house and the camera database regularly updated. This was one of the reasons we bought this model as it came with a "lifetime" camera update (worth 99 said the advertisement. Well 2 years to the day and it's dead. Not dropped, ill treated or anything just a blank screen and nothing else. The firm simply say "its out of warranty" - not interested. I reckon its active life has been 12 to 14 hours - some "lifetime". This money would buy a lot of analogue map books! No moe sat navs for us.