Size: Small (1-3 yrs)|Change

on 30 March 2011
Having researched into the ideal present for my son's first birthday, I decided to purchase the ladybird wheelybug. I liked the idea of a robust, fun, but practical toy that will last for several years (hopefully!), and love the idea that it isn't manufactured out of plastic like so many other toys on the market. However, although my son is 'average' size for his age, I decided to buy the large version after reading other reviews and wanting something to last more than a year or so.

Already the wheelybug is his favourite toy, and he crawls around everywhere with it - as well as using it to practice standing up. I can see this being a firm favourite as it is cute looking and something that a baby/toddler can play with at different stages of development. There seems to be no problem with using it on carpet, although I assume it travels faster on laminate!?

Worth every penny - and in my opinion, the perfect present for a one year old! Extremely pleased with purchase and would definitely recommend. Suggest purchasing large size though to gain maximum useage.
Quite simply the best toy ever. I bought this for my son at 12 months. It has been in almost daily use for 5 years since then, now mostly by his baby sister (19 months) but he still has a spin on it when he can (although he's far too big now).

Both children started using it backwards, pushing it about like a brick trolley, and progressed to clambering over it and sliding off, before using it 'properly' and sitting astride, propelling themselves with their feet. They can get up quite a speed, and it is very easy to control, having castors instead of wheels.

This is just so superior to the bright plastic (often electronic) ride-on toys that most children are bought, and lasts a lot longer. It has been wee'd on, had all sorts of unpleasant substances all over it, been crashed at speed into the furniture and been ridden inside and outdoors, yet is so sturdy it looks as good as new.

It's an absolute classic that I think no home should be without. The perfect gift for any 1 year old, and for years to come. Ours is really just another member of the family now. (Incidentally from a parent's point of view it also looks much nicer in your home than the cheap plastic rubbish you normally see!)
on 23 January 2013
bought the bigger model as read the reveiws saying it was quite small and would be best with next size up. is a beautiful product and stands out amongst his other, mostly plastic toys, but too big for my very long 1 year old, and he is not in the slightest way small. you can see he'll be a tall boy. might be suitable when he's 1 and a half but for now this birthday present is just sitting there.
on 12 January 2010
I just love the look of this ride-on Wheelybug Bee and had to buy one for my 6 month old grandson's first Christmas. He has shown a lot of interest in the castor type wheels (they spin round) and the antennae (they go boing) and he held on tight to the handle when being helped to do a test drive. Sadly his little 6 month old legs don't yet reach the ground. However I am sure that all in good time he will be as pleased with this toy as is his grandmother.
on 9 April 2013
Bought 2 wheely bugs for our parent and toddler group. They are bright and attractive and very well made. Suitable for 2 year olds.
on 8 January 2010
Ordered this wheelybug for my daughter, who is 20 month at the moment. Now, my daughter is not overweight or anything, quite petite actually, and I found out, that her bottom is sliding off the wheelybug, as it seems to be too small for her. Therefore, I will have to return in in exchange for bigger one. This is too small. So be warned, check the dimensions, before you buy.
on 17 February 2011
I'm really happy with this product, very sturdy and well made, some people wrote that the small is very small so I was a bit worried about ordering this size, my little boy is just 1 but the size is perfect for him and will definitely last a good while.
on 27 September 2014
I feel terrible to review this so poorly; particularly as it is so well recommended by others, but....

We have had the small bee for 4 years. We first bought for my almost two year old son, but it just isn't a great shape for balancing on; whilst my son could use the wheelybug it was almost as if it took too much effort.

Believing it to be my son being lazy, we kept the bug and used it for my daughter when she was old enough. Again, unfortunately it was not a winner. My daughter loved playing with the springs but she too never really enjoyed riding it.

Maybe, their lack of interest was because they had a choice.... their Pukylino and Scuttlebug were always the ones they played with the most and continue to do so even now the children are four and five. The Wheelybug I recently sold on Ebay... Good news here though; they hold their value!

Wheely bugs are well made and therefore worth their price, but I would advise checking out the competition first.
on 22 September 2010
My daughter unwrapped this on her 1st birthday, hoisted her leg over, and rode off! Most ride on toys seem too high for children her size but this is perfect. She was able to get on and off unaided instantly. It's strong too! Delighted with this purchase.
on 24 January 2012
Super quality. First birthday present and he is fascinated by the eyes. He enjoys both pushing or riding. If the kid loves it, Enough said!