5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product

Published on 8 Jan. 2010 by Mrs. T. Hughes

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 30 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Wheelybug Bee Ride-on (Small) (Baby Product)
Having researched into the ideal present for my son's first birthday, I decided to purchase the ladybird wheelybug. I liked the idea of a robust, fun, but practical toy that will last for several years (hopefully!), and love the idea that it isn't manufactured out of plastic like so many other toys on the market. However, although my son is 'average' size for his age, I decided to buy the large version after reading other reviews and wanting something to last more than a year or so.

Already the wheelybug is his favourite toy, and he crawls around everywhere with it - as well as using it to practice standing up. I can see this being a firm favourite as it is cute looking and something that a baby/toddler can play with at different stages of development. There seems to be no problem with using it on carpet, although I assume it travels faster on laminate!?

Worth every penny - and in my opinion, the perfect present for a one year old! Extremely pleased with purchase and would definitely recommend. Suggest purchasing large size though to gain maximum useage.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best toy I have bought - ever!, 30 July 2009
Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wheelybug Bee Ride-on (Small) (Baby Product)
Quite simply the best toy ever. I bought this for my son at 12 months. It has been in almost daily use for 5 years since then, now mostly by his baby sister (19 months) but he still has a spin on it when he can (although he's far too big now).

Both children started using it backwards, pushing it about like a brick trolley, and progressed to clambering over it and sliding off, before using it 'properly' and sitting astride, propelling themselves with their feet. They can get up quite a speed, and it is very easy to control, having castors instead of wheels.

This is just so superior to the bright plastic (often electronic) ride-on toys that most children are bought, and lasts a lot longer. It has been wee'd on, had all sorts of unpleasant substances all over it, been crashed at speed into the furniture and been ridden inside and outdoors, yet is so sturdy it looks as good as new.

It's an absolute classic that I think no home should be without. The perfect gift for any 1 year old, and for years to come. Ours is really just another member of the family now. (Incidentally from a parent's point of view it also looks much nicer in your home than the cheap plastic rubbish you normally see!)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit on a small side, 8 Jan. 2010
Mrs. T. Hughes "Book worm" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wheelybug Bee Ride-on (Small) (Baby Product)
Ordered this wheelybug for my daughter, who is 20 month at the moment. Now, my daughter is not overweight or anything, quite petite actually, and I found out, that her bottom is sliding off the wheelybug, as it seems to be too small for her. Therefore, I will have to return in in exchange for bigger one. This is too small. So be warned, check the dimensions, before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star product, 9 Mar. 2010
I knew this was a good product before I bought, because the children were playing with it in a shoe shop, where the shop had provided it for the children, while I was able to browse around looking at the shoes. It is a very sturdy product and I think it will last a long time and get many hours of whizzing around our house, which has all tiled flooring which makes it perfect for this type of toy.
I bought it for my one year old, but the older boys keep nabbing it on him. It is suitable for a child who is well stable on his feet. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Expectations, 12 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Wheelybug Bee Ride-on (Small) (Baby Product)
I just love the look of this ride-on Wheelybug Bee and had to buy one for my 6 month old grandson's first Christmas. He has shown a lot of interest in the castor type wheels (they spin round) and the antennae (they go boing) and he held on tight to the handle when being helped to do a test drive. Sadly his little 6 month old legs don't yet reach the ground. However I am sure that all in good time he will be as pleased with this toy as is his grandmother.

4.0 out of 5 stars good sturdy toy, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Wheelybug Bee Ride-on (Small) (Baby Product)
Bought 2 wheely bugs for our parent and toddler group. They are bright and attractive and very well made. Suitable for 2 year olds.

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy toy, 17 Feb. 2011
C. Holmes (Sardinia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wheelybug Bee Ride-on (Small) (Baby Product)
I'm really happy with this product, very sturdy and well made, some people wrote that the small is very small so I was a bit worried about ordering this size, my little boy is just 1 but the size is perfect for him and will definitely last a good while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, well designed toy - Pick size carefully!, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Wheelybug Bee Ride-on (Small) (Baby Product)
We bought this for our son's first birthday, thinking it might help him with his balance and boost his confidence to walk. We also picked this brand because of its reputation for being sturdy & qualitative, and this design because it is not too massive compared to other models.
After one month, our son doesn't use the Bee as a ride-on, but as a walker! He will push it around the living room again and again. Sometimes on his knees, sometimes bent over it. We are not disappointed by the look and quality of the Wheelybug either, it is nice and solid indeed.
Note that Size 1 is quite small and I don't think that our son will be able to use it for a very long time, which is why I am not giving this toy five stars but only four!

3.0 out of 5 stars too big for my 1 year old., 23 Jan. 2013
bought the bigger model as read the reveiws saying it was quite small and would be best with next size up. is a beautiful product and stands out amongst his other, mostly plastic toys, but too big for my very long 1 year old, and he is not in the slightest way small. you can see he'll be a tall boy. might be suitable when he's 1 and a half but for now this birthday present is just sitting there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for little ones, 16 April 2010
B. S. Morrison (Belfast, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wheelybug Bee Ride-on (Small) (Baby Product)
The wheely bug is a great fun toy. I bought it for my son's 1st birthday and he was really taken with the colours and the little antennas. He loves being on it too but he's not yet walking so can't manage it by himself just yet. His older brother can though and he loves to zoom around on it!