‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 5 July 2007
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
After hearing Hanging by a Moment, i was hooked. Lifehouse are amazing - if you have ever had the chance to see them live, you will totally understand. They have only ever been over here once and i had the honour of being there!! they were ace! Each album gets better but this one tops it off, it rocks!! Jason sounds as brill as ever! Maybe one day they will come back... here's hoping! Broken is beautiful - already been on repeat many times! I would recommend buying this album and the entire back catalogue.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 Aug. 2007
Rachel (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
Lifehouse have done it again; they've made another great album to add to the list, and have still managed to keep their original sound. I was very pleased with this album, mainly because, it had what No Name Face had, and the last album (Lifehouse) didn't - a song that leaves you lost for words. Anyone who's heard the new album will know i'm talking about 'Broken'; I think it has the potential to be their biggest song so far, deservedly so! It must be said, however, the songs at the end of the album are a bit weaker than those at the start and middle, but they're still worth listening to. Overall, I would say the album was an excellent effort from the guys, I would rate it a 9/10. If you liked No Name Face, you'll love Who We Are.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't have it any other way!, 10 July 2007
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
I was fairly dissapointed with the previous outing with the self-titled album only possessing a handful of great songs. However, Who We Are is an amazing return to form from the fantastic Lifehouse. I have had the album now since the summer of 2007 and it remains fresh and i'm sure it will do for the foreseeable future. My favourite songs include 'Broken' which i do believe to be Lifehouse's best song to date. I rarely hear a song that sends shivers down my spine but this certainly hits the spot, particularly as it reaches the latter stages. Amazing song! 'The Joke' is an absolute scorcher, rasping vocals from jason grab you immediately as the song starts. 'Storm' is a beautiful song to end the album, absolutely love it, Jason's tender and smooth vocals really pull at the heart strings. Only song i'm not too keen on is 'Bridges', doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the album. If only Lifehouse could gain some more recognition in the UK, people are seriously missing out by not hearing such amazing music. Or maybe Lifehouse will always be a niche band which may be a blessing in disguise as they progress over the years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best band on the planet - another masterpiece, 21 Sept. 2007
Film Buff (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
Most artists release an album with two or three really good singles but the rest of the album is poor. Lifehouse are different! Every album sounds like a greatest hits record and this is no different. Criminally overlooked in this country they continue to put every other band to shame. This album is simply breathtaking...

1 Disarray - nice rocky opener. Words have meaning...
2 First Time - the band captures first love perfectly
3 Whatever it takes - it will grow on you!
4 Who we are - amazing guitar work / superb lyrics
5 Broken - a great ballad
6 The Joke - one of the best rock songs on the album
7 Easier to be me - just a brilliant song
8 Make me over - speaks to the heart
9 Mesmerized - awesome
10 Bridges - every song could be a single
11 Learn you inside out - the best song on the album. It will grow on you after a while and you'll realise how much of a genuis Jason wade is
12 Storm - perfect ending

10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but no UK release?, 26 Nov. 2007
Marc Whiffen "Marc Whiffen" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
I was very fortunate to have been in the US in June and having been recommended this band many time, picked up this CD. It made me an instant fan which is something coming from my age group. Excellently produced with superb song-writing and consummate musicianship: this album makes me shocked that the UK hasn't picked up on them as a group. Nearly every track is memorable and is one of the few CDs I will listen through from start to finish. From delicious rock rooted tracks (Disarray, The Joke, Bridges) to heart-felt ballads (Learn You Inside Out, Broken, Storm) and all the great songs in between. This is a must-own and has started my Lifehouse collection.

So why on earth has their label not given it a UK release yet?

4.0 out of 5 stars Lifehouse's Most Consistant Album Since No Name Face, 23 Jun. 2007
Mr. S. Wright (Rotherham, South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
Lifehouse have always been one of the more individual pop-rock acts in the world mainly due to their unique guitar sound and Jason Wade's very recogniseable vocals. It's hard to hear songs such as 'Spin', 'Hanging By A Moment' and 'Blind' without immediatly thinking that the artist is Lifehouse. At least if you're an insider.

'Who We Are' finds Wade and co. in a somewhat upbeat mood for the most part. Yes, there's the signature ballad ('Broken') which as expected with Lifehouse is carefully produced and delivered well, but there's something different about Lifehouse here. Their sound has evolved and moved on as Lifehouse have which is a good thing.

Well for the most part. Within Lifehouse's new sound you hear the old sound somewhat pasted over by a fresher, more mainstream and one has to say less original sound, so you get a kind of Lifehouse and more harder Goo Goo Dolls (at least these days) combination. It has to be said that there's something lost on this album and it's probably the edge that made the likes of 'Simon' and 'You And Me' slightly raw through the hit-potential. Now it sounds like the songs have hit-potential, but without much substance within the production. It's good that bands progress with their sound, but not when they fall into a genre stereotype and maybe even get lost amongst the rabble.

However, Wade's soulful vocal keeps the production afloat, and as with Lifehouse's previous self-titled album, Wade's vocals take centre stage and thankfully he uses them fully. I remember hearing 'Blind' for the first time and thinking in the chorus 'Finally, he's really giving it his ALL'. The unusual 'The Joke' is the most daring song on the album and Wade's vocals sound superb and on 'Broken' he sounds successfully tender.

It needs to be noted that this is Lifehouse's most consistant album since their debut album which is slowly reaching it's ten year age, however as with all Lifehouse albums it goes slightly downhill towards the end. The likes of 'Mesmerized' and 'Bridges' sound slightly like after-thoughts, albeit nice ones, and although 'Storm' isn't quite what the original was, it's an interesting if slightly pointless experiment. But the songs that Lifehouse succeed upon, are among their best. The title-track appears to have a flavour of Foo Fighters in the chorus and the aggressive nature suits them well, 'First Time' is an excellent first single as Lifehouse's first singles always are, 'Broken' is tender and feels very real, and despite it's somewhat cherub-esque feel 'Easier To Be' falls on the right side of sentimentality.

So overall Lifehouse's quest is complete and right now it's on a good note. As I previously mentioned the new slightly more aggressive sound, suits them well, it just seems odd that it's been coated in such a smooth production, which somehow to the fans doesn't seem like who Lifehouse is. But somehow through listening through each carefully crafted track, which as I say is Lifehouse's most consistant set of songs since NNF, you believe them and the tracks end up requiring repeated listening despite the slight lack of originality that they once had, because the songs are very, very good.

8/10.

Storm: 7/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn Good !!! Back 2 Basics, 22 Jun. 2007
M. Tarboton "Matt" (UK, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
I loved no name face, he's got such an awesome voice....grainy like bryan adams, but also silky smooth. In all honesty, lifehouse are up their with my favourite bands,

I never really liked "stanley climbfall" and "lifehouse" albums.. except for a few songs on each. I couldn't just enjoy the whole cd from start to finish like no name face.... Who We Are is great, it's not no name face, but it's damn close, and i'd say it would be a freakin huge task to beat that album. I can listen to this album from start to finish and absolutley love it... stand out tracks "Disarray", "first time"(first single, very nice like "hanging by a moment"), "broken"(gave me goosebumps)awesome like ''you and me'' it's gonna be a big hit. and "storm"...very powerful...similar to "everything"...listed are personally the 5 star tracks the others are about four stars...

If you like lifehouse music... this album is a must. It is my personal opinion, cos i know some people really liked the stanley climbfall and lifehouse albums... and if you did.... you'll go google for this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars In love all over again., 30 Jun. 2007
K. Butler "fudgey" (midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
WOW, after receiving this album today i have played it non stop, hanging by a moment had me hooked and each album just gets better and better, i like to really hear his voice so for me it has to be tracks 11 and 12 that are the best, when is the next one out, i cant wait.....BUY IT...oh and jason i love you man...:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah it's good, 25 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't an album like this, they seemed to have gone back to basic's, gone back to their early days for inspiration. I don't think there are any surprises here, & if you liked any of the other Lifehouse albums, you're gonna like this, no doubt, in fact it's probably the most consistent album. Theres nothing on this album as good as the first 3 songs on their last album, but they were blinding songs which would be hard pushed to be surpassed. I guess what I'm saying is, yeah it's good. Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best since No Name Face, 12 Sept. 2007
Mr. D. White - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who We Are (Audio CD)
I've liked this band since NoName Face, and I think this is their best album since then. Though Stanley Climbfall and their Self-titled album had some great tracks on it, this album sounds much fuller in comparison. Jason Wade's vocals are as strong as ever, and they never shy away from using the FX pedal. Like alot of reviews have said, the stand out track has to be Broken. Its a shame they aren't better known in the UK, there are alot of people missing out on some great music.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Who We Are
Who We Are by Lifehouse (Audio CD - 2007)