on 4 September 2009
This headset has its good and its bad points, but like most things it is all relative and personal opinion!.

First, the bad points. The cable is very long. While this is normally a good thing, there is too much distance between the earphones/mic and the clip/volume controls. Then again, where the cable splits to the plugs is about 8". This means that when sitting down at the laptop (where I imagine most people will use this headset), you have a ridiculous amount of messy cable everywhere getting tangled up. It also makes packing the thing difficult. In the item picture the cable looks more proportioned than it actually is.
More bad... the cable is coated in that rubbery plastic material that while great on something you need to pick up a lot, like a mobile phone, means that there is just too much friction when you wrap the thing up.

OK, enough bad. The microphone is a strange little bubble on the left earphone cable. It looks odd, but is fantastic at picking up sound. It picks up my voice perfectly, and provides a degree of shielding from ambient noise and wind. Second, the earpieces themselves are great. very comfortable, but have these strange rubber loops on them to secure them in the ear. These take some getting used to but are comfortable, if odd to look at.

On the whole, excellent sound quality, both for input and output, just let down by an annoyingly long cable which makes it hard to pack - surely the point of an on the go headset?
on 11 March 2014
Exactly what I need. Seriously though, read the others, Wheaty73 makes a great review on the cable.

I've found that I can tuck the cable under my shirt, but the volume controls to clip onto my shirt, or if you have a pocket it's even better.

Most people I've met don't like the ear clips but they are perfect for me. I find it really comfortable, even after hours of use. This guys have travelled from England to New Zealand with me, [my first pair broke because I sat on them, and broke the cables], so I bought another before I headed out. 9 months later the only problem is that the microphone is not working so well. I'm going to probably see if I can buy another pair for my journey back!
on 26 April 2009
I've tried loads of headsets for use with our IPFX softphone which I use when travelling, all have been near useless. This however works perfectly and people have commented that it sounds better than the Cisco 7960 I use when I'm in the office. I'd certainly recomend it.
on 1 April 2014
Good clear sound for voice and music and comfortable once on the ear.
No software to install. There's a slider switch to mute the mic and a dial control for the ear volume.

The strange rubber ear-piece retainer clip on the ear-lobe and are awkward to get on and probably look funny when on.
Microphone needs to be held close to mouth otherwise mic volume will be too low.
I would recommend this product if you travel and don't want to take a full size headset.
on 29 August 2011
As usual from Plantronics, an excellent audio device. My only criticism is that the clips, though soft, can nip the lobes of your ears after a while of wearing them. The lassies might be used to that, but we (not 'wee') laddies are not.
on 30 January 2010
I bought this headset for use with VOIP and to listen to some audio from my laptop during my travels.

The sound from this headset is great as you would expect from Plantronics products. The other party can hear my voice clearly too.

The mute feature is a handy little extra.

The headset does require a little getting used to as the rubber flex grip are comfortable once on, but can't put it on with one hand.

The only downside is not having some sort of handy carry case, hence it loses a star.
on 21 April 2010
I ordered these headphones as it's difficult to find headphones for Skype that are literally just 'bud' ear pieces and a microphone, which is what I need for travelling rather the usual all-singing and all dancing headset. I thought these were just the ticket but when they arrived, I realised these had large ear pieces that kind of rest inside the ear, not comfortable, and again, more bulky than I wanted. So I guess I'll just have to keep looking...
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2010
The buds don't sit in your ear very well, although the sound quality is better than one might expect. Not very comfortable, microphone was reported to making me sound muffled by the people I was speaking to. Basically a waste of money and I'll now have to find something better to replace them with.
on 16 July 2014
I don't know why others have had a bad experience but I simply love this product. This is my second purchase (bought in 2008) after I accidentally dropped the previous one into my tea. The sound is crystal clear and is of high quality.
on 16 January 2014
Very uncomfortable! My husband returned the headset because it was not comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Since we live in different countries, we rely on Skyping for long periods of time to keep us in touch.