5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album!
Published on 20 Jun. 2007 by Miss Peg

2.0 out of 5 stars Going Down Under
Published on 12 Sept. 2007 by Dan Thompson, Author

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album!, 20 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
I bought this album when it was released in Australia and I spent months listening to it, each song has it's own strengths and they all shined through. It's a great album full of a good mixture of different styles of songs, from the sadder, slower track; Night of my Life and You Should Have Lied, to the uplifting break up track, Mistake. It's just a shame that Wishin' and Hopin' isn't going to be on this version.

2.0 out of 5 stars Going Down Under, 12 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
Overall, Tightrope by Stephanie McIntosh is at best an average pop album that at times feels a little dated or something we have simply heard before. Her polished vocals makes you wonder whether or not she can actually sing and her lack of writing ability questions her label as a true artist! But on the other hand, there are some strong tracks that are quite addictive for the majority of punk pop fans and anyone who is a fan of Hilary Duff will probably love this.

Truly an album for teenagers, Tightrope is a naive attempt for a debut album by a celebrity who longs to follow in the footsteps of other soap stars, which on the whole fairs well enough if you enjoy the samey feel to every song. The problem is there simply isn't enough diversity on the album and Tom Nichols who produced the album and co-wrote the songs simply overuses his experience as a producer for the likes of Kylie Minogue and S-Club 7. Let's just hope for Stephanie's sake her next four albums are different with a breath of fresh air feel and let's also hope she writes more than one song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephanie McIntosh-Tightrope, 17 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
Stephanie McIntosh is best known for playing Sky Mangel in Neighbours and so she inevitably decided to launch a singing career. Thankfully she's more Delta Goodrem than Holly Valance. She doesn't have a strong a voice as Delta's and isn't as involved with the writing process (writing only the first track) but Tightrope is an album to rival the likes of Kelly Clarkson and Avril Lavign musically. Tightrope is full of rock edged pop like the singles Mistake and Tightrope and the album only really slows down with the closing track The Night Of My Life which is a bit sloppy. All in all, Stephanie McIntosh probably won't have a prolonged career in the music industry but at least she has released a strong, addictive debut.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 7 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
I just got this album and am not even halfway through my first time listening to it before I'm recommending it. Just the first track sets the taste for the album and Stephanie's vocal talent is amazing. I'm already addicted to this CD. I'd recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This album! GET THE AUSTRALIAN VERSION!, 23 Jun. 2007
Joe "Joe" (Australia , perth, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
I bought this album when it was released in australia last year, if i were you i would get the australian version because , first of all it has so much better artwork! and it includes an extra song 'wishin & hopin' which is brilliant!!! so i am going to review every track in the order of the AUSTRALIAN VERSION TRACKLISTING:

1. So Do I say sorry first: 3rd single(in australia, 2nd single in UK), such a catchy rock/pop song! 10/10

2.Mistake: 1st Single - i love this rebellious song!! 10/10

3.Tightrope: 2nd single (in Australia , Not released in UK) I love this catchy rocky poppy song! 10/10

4.You Should Have Lied - a brilliant ballad with brill lyrics! 10/10

5.Wishin & hopin': This song is not included on the UK version , only on the AUSTRALIAN VERSION , a great addition to album i love it!! 10/10

6.Out In The Rain: A great catchy song !! 10/10

7. You Don't Love Me: My Favourite! i love this song! 10/10

8. A Change Is Coming: Catchy song, with really creative lyrics!! 10/10

9.God Only Knows: Again very creative lyrics!! I love this poppy song , so brill! 10/10

10.Overcome: Mid Tempo song - a great, chilled out song! 10/10

11.Sink Like A Stone:Love this song it has such a catchy chorus!! 10/10

12. The Night Of My Life: This is the only song that I skip On The Whole Album , pretty Boring. 8/10

***BONUSES***(MAY OR MAY NOT BE INCLUDED ON CD (check tracklisting) BUT I GOT 5 BONUS TRACKS WITH MINE!!!)

13.I'D Be You: Love this chilled song!! 10/10

14. Catching My Breath- (this song is included on uk version as a normal track, not a bonus) A great song with great lyrics!!! 10/10

15.Mistake - Jewels & stone - A great Remix!!!! 10/10

16.Tightrope - Black Fras Remix - Another really good remix! 10/10

17.So Do I Say Sorry First - Steve Mac electrik disko mix - Another (and the best!!) great remix!! 10/10

Overall Rating : 10.5/10!!!

GET THE AUSTRALIAN VERSION!!! ITS WELL WORTH IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 15 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
I bought this CD, only due to me seeing the music video for Mistake, and I really liked it. Wasn't sure if I would like the album, so thought I would buy it and go for pot luck. To my surprise, I really like it, it is rocky, which isn't really my kinda music, but have had the CD in my car for about a week, and it has grown on me. Sounds a bit like Kelly Clarkson crossed with Hilary Duff. The are all pretty quick tempo, apart from the last track which is a slowy, but I also found that if I left the CD playing after track 12, there was a bonus track on there! Even better!

She may only be Sky Mangel from Neighbours to many of you, but I would definately recommend this CD, it'll really open your eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Brilliant Album well worth purchasing, 15 Feb. 2007
J. Rumens (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
Has echoes of Kylie, Emma Bunton and Geri Halliwell.

Its a well produced album with an excellent range of tracks.

She deserves a UK Album Chart Placing with this music

More Please

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of the Cd, 19 Nov. 2006
K. Waters (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
The cd is absolutly brilliant!! The delivery was awesome and this cd has everything! The journal is great as well!! As for Stephanie Mcintosh she has a great voice and she is well worth listening to !

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy Now!, 20 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Tightrope (Audio CD)
I bought the Australian version in October and loved it instantly, the songs are really catchy and you get hooked instantly. Every song has something good to other and each one is a favourite and there isn't one track that isn't good that you skip over everytime it comes on. Great value for money and there are even some hidden surprises.
I give this product 15/10!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Feb. 2015
spot on

Tightrope
Tightrope by Stephanie McIntosh (Audio CD - 2007)